NOTW LIII - Return to Ciretako [Game Thread]

Good game Visor. I had no idea what my upgrade ability meant for pretty much the entire game and really still don't :lol: . Question: what did the upgrades do for each player? I felt like my role was expendable given the lack of upgrades appearing, which is why I went in-thread with my ability as early as I did. If I could make myself a target over someone else, all the better.

Well played scum, though I do have one gripe that given Visor's predicament couldn't be avoided. When Southern King and Verarde both went inactive at the same time, it begged the question why Verarde got replaced and why SK got wogged, and I suspected it was because Verarde had been a scum role. I mentioned as much to Winston before I got whacked, but also with the caveat it was more meta than anything else. Oh well. As I alluded to before, Visor had no choice to replace Verarde over SK which absolutely sucks. I would have done the exact same thing.

Incidentally, this game showed why D1 should be majority lynch only in NotW.

That just dooms D1 to randomness, which means that D2 town still has nothing to go off of, making D2 the random-lynch day.

If we make D1 majority lynch, we might as well have an N1 start.

Oh, thank you to those of you who sent me useless messages from beyond :)mischief:), but an extra special thank you to Winston, whose message read:

Whoever posts this message is definitely scum, and should be lynched immediately.

What exactly did you expect me to do with that message? :lol:

These kind of attitudes sealed my fate (in my own mind):

After your post I couldn't see a reason to clarify I was joking... as literally there wasn't any way it could be someone else than me.

Why did you joke in the first place? It's never a good idea to pretend to be scum if you're townie. Even as a joke.

That just dooms D1 to randomness, which means that D2 town still has nothing to go off of, making D2 the random-lynch day.

If we make D1 majority lynch, we might as well have an N1 start.

For vanilla mafia (or similar), I'd agree.

In NotW, though, D1 has traditionally been used for introductions/subscriptions, roleplaying, and mayor/item/action votes, as well as those early reads that are used to guide player's first night choices. If they're feeling bold, people can even start engaging in some private discussion/info-trading, or maybe make a push for someone actually to be lynched.

Consequently, there's no need to end someone's game in purely random fashion - as happened to john here - because D1 generates info without a lynch taking place. Indeed, in this particular case, I'd go even further and say that the D1 lynch had a seriously negative effect on the game, because it put an excessive focus on the four of us who voted for him, beginning a trend of lazy town play that continued throughout.

I also recall that one of the reasons for suspecting me was that I was voting for Takhisis, as if my Day 1 votes are ever anything but random.

My biggest thing is that you went from good second target to cleared and trusted in one night. That combined with the fact that no one was even attempting to network with me or convince me in private channels rose some pretty big flags in my mind.

Especially since I had the gun and had said that I couldn't use it and intimated that I would be willing to give it to someone else. A fact that was directly countered in your "definitely not infiltrated QT" by Pizza. No one even raised the question. :(

Oh, thank you to those of you who sent me useless messages from beyond :)mischief:), but an extra special thank you to Winston, whose message read:

Whoever posts this message is definitely scum, and should be lynched immediately.

What exactly did you expect me to do with that message? :lol:

Yeeah, that was purely for the evulz. :devil:

I also recall that one of the reasons for suspecting me was that I was voting for Takhisis, as if my Day 1 votes are ever anything but random.
And as if scum ever claim doctor out of the blue like that.

I can't judge though. I didn't play very close attention to the game after my death, and I was spoiled.

Yeeah, that was purely for the evulz. :devil:

But at least I was getting messages, as useless as they were. They weren't like Eowyn's oft-sought-after Nazgûl. :p

And as if scum ever claim doctor out of the blue like that.

I mean, some might, but laying low and trying to avoid attention (what I did, more or less) is something I'd do as an actual doctor.

If I was a scum pretending to be a doctor, I would probably tell more than one person and try to get into the town network.

For vanilla mafia (or similar), I'd agree.

In NotW, though, D1 has traditionally been used for introductions/subscriptions, roleplaying, and mayor/item/action votes, as well as those early reads that are used to guide player's first night choices. If they're feeling bold, people can even start engaging in some private discussion/info-trading, or maybe make a push for someone actually to be lynched.

Consequently, there's no need to end someone's game in purely random fashion - as happened to john here - because D1 generates info without a lynch taking place. Indeed, in this particular case, I'd go even further and say that the D1 lynch had a seriously negative effect on the game, because it put an excessive focus on the four of us who voted for him, beginning a trend of lazy town play that continued throughout.

I find it hard to believe that the D1 lynch of Flip Hero harmed the town. Sadly from my experience townies will generally be lazy regardless, simply because many of them have a lot of RL comittments.

In fairness, I have seen people make a lot out of random D1 voting patterns (e.g. two people get waggoned D1 at random, one gets lynched, is town. People say the other was "saved", lynch them, their also a townie). However, if you enforce a majority on D1, you literally have the same problem, just on D2, unless cops/watchers/trackers get lucky N1, and frankly, cops shouldn't be solving the whole game for the town.

I mean, some might, but laying low and trying to avoid attention (what I did, more or less) is something I'd do as an actual doctor.

If I was a scum pretending to be a doctor, I would probably tell more than one person and try to get into the town network.
Maybe if they were under pressure.

God this would've been so fun to live through. And good job, Azza, you definitely improved your chances of winning by killing me but I'm still not sure why you did it :p

God this would've been so fun to live through. And good job, Azza, you definitely improved your chances of winning by killing me but I'm still not sure why you did it [emoji14]
Honestly, I dont remember why I killed you, except that on that night my first choice was spaceman and decided against that since the top 3 post counts in the thread would've been dead and I was number 4 at the time. I did zero networking, in part because I thought it would be harder to figure out who was killing and in part because it's more effort than I consider worthwhile, so it's not like I had any knowledge that would lead me to you. You just seemed like a good idea at the time.

Maybe if they were under pressure.

Like I said, some might, but I wouldn't. I try to make sure my lies are believable as mafia, usually by telling something that's reasonably close to true. And if I was going to pretend to be a doctor, I'd do more to make that claim look believable.

I would not just pull it out of my butt on Day 6.

Need I state that my death was unnecessary?

Top Bottom