Now that the saga is complete, which is your fave Star Wars movie?

Which Star Wars movie?

• Total voters
ESB/ANH are tied for me, then ROTJ. The other 3 aren't even worth acknowleging.

And of all the Star Wars movies isn't ESB the movie that Lucas had the least amount to do with?

Smellincoffee said:
It's between ANH and ESB for me, although I really love Trade Federation droids from the prequel triology. If those were in the original triology, it'd be be perfect. ;)

A requisite for 'perfection' in a film is usually a script that hasn't been written by a 12-year-old palsy victim.

My fave is Empire, second is New Hope, third is Revenge.

Empire Strikes Back is by far the best of them.

ESB and Episode 3.

Anyone watched in ESB with German voiceovers?

Darth Vader:Luke,Ich bin dein Vater.

Luke:NEEEEEEEEEIN!!!!!

:lol: :rotfl: :lol:

Gr3yL3gion said:
Neither, my favorite is when playing the game KOTOR 1 & 2.
Yeah KOTOR was amazing. Way better than the new trilogy. Hopefully there'll be another game out sometime soon. But this time they had better not rush it for Christmas. They should at least make it a trilogy, it seems to be tradition afterall when it comes to Star Wars.

The Last Conformist said:
Refering to SW as sci-fi is vilest heresy.

'Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.'

Fantasy and sci-fi are the same friggin genre. :p

Yes when nanotech arrives...we will all be so screwed.Maybe I should open a thread on it?*goes out and ponders about it*

newfangle said:
'Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.'

Fantasy and sci-fi are the same friggin genre. :p
The difference isn't in the technology portrayed, but in the attitude to it.

Return of the Jedi, followed by Revenge of the Sith.

Mainly for the space battles :drool:

newfangle said:
What in the holy hell does that mean?
Science fiction is, or is supposed to be, a genre exploring the possible impacts of conceivable future technologies. Doesn't mean it has to be "hard" SF, or that it must be geeky-techy to the exclusion of human interaction, but the science and technology has to matter.

In SW, starships and lightsabres are just paraphernalia - it would make no difference, except visually, if they were replaced with dragons and magical swords.

A personal pet peeve about SW - the total lack of a sense of scale. Space travel seems to take whatever time the scriptwriter finds convenient for the plot. Planets seems to have less variety than any self-respecting national reserve - Hoth is icy tundra, Coruscant is downtown, Endor is forest, Tatooine is sandy wasteland.

SW may be fun to watch, but I just don't understand why so many people like it so much and take it so seriously. Let's face it - the plot sucks, the characters suck and the dialogues are unqualifiable.

Star Wars has as much depth as Rambo or some Chuck Norris movie.

Hey Rambo has depth,he kills people with guns and Chuck Norris kicks people.

The original Star Wars I liked the best, the one they call A New Hope. The latest three just got worse and worse, and its a wonder the same guy made these and the original three. Of course destorying the franchise wasn'g good enough for Lucas and he had to destroy the original films also by changing them. I am patiently looking forward to Lucas' death for they can rerelease the classic Star Wars films.

Return of the Jedi. I loved the huge battle scene at the end and it was the absolutele climax of the conflict between Luke and Vader.

Episode 1-3 are dead to me.

Top Bottom