Now that the saga is complete, which is your fave Star Wars movie?

Which Star Wars movie?

• Total voters

Darth_Pugwash

wobble wobble
Now that all is said and done, which episode of George Lucas's space saga is your favourite?

Is it episode one, "every saga has a beginning"?

Is it episode two, the ultimate cheesy love-fest?

Is it episode three, the darkest movie of the bunch?

Is it episode four, where it all began back in the summer of '77?

Is it episode five, the 'I am your father' moment?

Is it episode six, the final episode?

:D

I love Star Wars, for me it has the perfect blend of action, drama and comedy. It has great characters, a fantastic story and of course light-sabers. Also, the musical score is brilliant. As for my favourite episode, its between episode one and episode 6...I'll say episode 6. The first half drags on, but once they get to endor its all gold, especially the montage at the very end, probably my favourite film ending ever. The only one I don't like is episode 2, the saber duels are the worst of the series (well, apart Obi and Vader in eppy 4), the battle could have been better and the romance was pretty bad.

I'd say that I prefer the prequels to the earlier trilogy, becuase they make Darth Vader into a much more interesting character. In the OT he was a mysterious baddass bad-guy turned good guy, but the addition of the PT makes him into a tragic hero who allowed himself to be seduced by his emotions, and ended up losing everything that he ever held dear. It also enriches the character of Luke, who faces many of the same trials as his father, but takes quite different descisions. Basically it shows that Luke is the Jedi that Anakin always should have been. :(

Empire, no question

I like episode3,especially the story of the jedi council being in decline and corrupted,haviing no ability to represent the republic and not seeing the deception of Palpatine.

Yeah, you just know that Empire is gonna rule this poll.

And you mean IV, not III. ;)

Empire strikes back. The Hoth battle is certainly the best of the saga.

A New Hope. I love the pub scene on Tatonie (or however you spell that planet). The pub and the dialouge between Han Solo and any other character in general, and Portman in particular. :D

*fortifies next to TLC*

I liked the first orignal one after that they began to suck. The third one was also ok I guess.

A New Hope is the best closely followed by ESB. The rest are not that good. ROTJ would have been better without those annoying little creatures, the Ewoks. The name of those annoying little creatures eventually came to me.

Now if we were talking about the one that should have been the best, it would be Episode 3:Revenge of the Sith. While it is the best of the second group, there is still lots of improvement that could have been done.

This question could have been phrased differently to show the real nature of this question. "Now that the saga is complete, which Star Wars movie did George Lucas screw up the least?" That is basically what it boils down to.

Difficult question.. but Empire Strikes Back just beats A New Hope at the finish line. But they are all very good, apart from episode 2, which was decidedly iffy.

Ten years ago, I would have said RotJ, five years ago I would have said ESB, now I like ANH the best. Presumably I'll love RotS best in half a decades time :)

But I'm one of the few who loves the whole saga, so I don't really care.

Be Well
My favorite is episode VII. Though IX gives it really good end.

The Empire Strikes Back

Episode 3 by far was the best, as far as being the most interesting. Maddox might disagree with me on that one though...

Episode 7 - The One That Will Hopefully Never Be Filmed. :ack:

ESB, with ROTJ as a close second and only losing due to Ewoks.

Top Bottom