NyNES: Might of the Pen

Well except for the fact that I'm a robot so I don't think mental abilities will effect me.

My lodgings are on top of the Ferris Wheel, where I give offering to Mars.

The Battle:

Germanicus stared at the list, trying to figure out this strange writing, muttering to himself, "The greatness of Rome does not seem to affect this strange island. Still they should know that Latin is the most widely known language in the known world." He found his name with difficulty, and attempted to crack the enigma of his opponents name. "An Icekommonder it seems." Germanicus had no idea who this was so he sat back and watched as people looked at the lists, Germanicus studied each movements and reactions, finally when a tall guy approached, that appeared to be freezing everything in his path, Germanicus watched his movements and when he noticed that his eyes pierced that single line, Germanicus raced off to the wheel and climbed up. Once again he would pray to Mars for protection and assistance in battle.

As Germanicus prayed, a relevation came to him, 'To beat cold, you must stay warm.' Germanicus sat down confused, going over the phrase in his mind, 'if cold, stay warm.' He thought back to his times in Briton, during the cold harsh nights, his legions would hunker down and light campfires and huddle close by. Suddenly Germanicus jumped up, he smiled. "A campfire, I will build a large campfire and stay close to it. But where to get the wood?" Germanicus grabbed his gear and scrambled down the wheel, once at the bottom he spotted a shack, it appeared abandoned, but then again everything else was abandoned as well. Germanicus crept close and peered inside, there were strange boxes with the markings 'Warning: Fireworks' but he did not understand the language and determined it to mean more combustables for his fire. Germanicus grabbed his pack and found his flint, taking his knife and striking it, he managed to get a fire going. Germanicus stood up and smiled, he had accomplished what Mars told him to do. Suddenly explosions rocked the island, and something shot out of the shack and blew up in the sky. Terrified Germanicus fled back to the Wheel and hid.

Once the explosions ended, Germanicus crept back careful to watch for the ice man and seeing that he was not in the vicinity, Germanicus sat down and prepared for battle. He would dart out and strike blows before retreating back into the safety of the fire where the ice will melt. A perfect solution to his problem. Now to wait for the Ice man to come.

OOC: I pictured a fight against Cabera to be partially taking place in a mental battlefield, as he invades your mind in the midst of a physical fight.

Also, for some background, where are the lodgings, and should we skip straight to the fight, or should we write a bit of settling in first?

Oh, and are the fights simultaneous?

Find a place to sleep :p

You can start by getting jumped or develop your character some more...it is your call.

Fights are more or less simultaneous, yes.

My battle-stories, in most cases, will alternate between Cabera using his mental powers and him fighting you with his sword. He will not invade your mind unless you force him but he will use his presence to block your attacks and wear you down. You CAN fight and drive Cabera out as he is reluctant to use the full weight of his powers unless forced. He is a very philosophical man who likes a challenge, that's why he is here. He does not wish to drive everyone crazy and smash anything in his way, he just wants new experiences and to see how this new form of blood sport compares to duelling and the gladiators of Rome etc. A story will be awkward at the moment as I have an exchange partner and exams to juggle next week and the week after. I will request an extension if I need to but I thought I should let you know in advance.

Well snap! First round and I am against The Amazing!! The colossal! The uber of penguintasticness! His Lordship Lord Iggy!

Its been fun people but the odds are clearly stacked against me.

Well snap! First round and I am against The Amazing!! The colossal! The uber of penguintasticness! His Lordship Lord Iggy!

Make him earn it ;)

My battle-stories, in most cases, will alternate between Cabera using his mental powers and him fighting you with his sword. He will not invade your mind unless you force him but he will use his presence to block your attacks and wear you down. You CAN fight and drive Cabera out as he is reluctant to use the full weight of his powers unless forced. He is a very philosophical man who likes a challenge, that's why he is here. He does not wish to drive everyone crazy and smash anything in his way, he just wants new experiences and to see how this new form of blood sport compares to duelling and the gladiators of Rome etc. A story will be awkward at the moment as I have an exchange partner and exams to juggle next week and the week after. I will request an extension if I need to but I thought I should let you know in advance.

OOC: And then of course, a player named 'Shadeslayer' will stab a red sword throught his heart with a cry of 'Brisingr!'

IC: Steven looked through his glasses. He sighed, and went to his small tent... it was smaller than Jeifin's reproductive organs. He snuck in and dreamed...

He wandered freely, as if he was alive, suddenly, he saw a person trying to get to his tent. He dreamed that he poked the person then he woke up.

"What the! I thought he was in the tent!"

Um, I'm honoured. Let's write some stories, and see how things turn out! If I write about Nolan in a manner which you disagree with, feel free to point it out, so I can edit my writing. :)

No editing for you! But feel free to describe Nolan as you wish. He is emotionally disabled so it shouldn't be too hard.

OOC: Just noting that I will have to write two more introductions, one medium-sized in which he arrives at the city, and one short in which he arrives at the island, before joining up to face off with Charlesteven. Just sayin' it. I will write a big, fat, BATTLE ONE header above my face-off story, and its parts; also BATTLE TWO if I make it so far, etc., in order not to get you people confused with context stories and important context stories. :p

After I have written out the first medium-length story (Which is necessary for Charlesteven to battle me), I will write out some kind of background sheet for Tok-Tok with an overview of his abilities, his personality etc. with the few words I know in English. I suggest people do that. :) It's mostly like filling out stats in a regular NES anyways.

I am sorry to say I do not have the time or commitment to actually play in this NES; FlyingChicken, feel free to smack my character about until he dies, and then advance.

Apologies for the chaos I might've caused :(

I am sorry to say I do not have the time or commitment to actually play in this NES; FlyingChicken, feel free to smack my character about until he dies, and then advance.

Apologies for the chaos I might've caused :(

Sorry to see you go. :(

Well, Luckymoose, you could always take his slot, assuming flyingchicken doesn't object too much. Would that be agreeable to the two of you? I would provide an extension if necessary.

OOC: We still have two whole weeks to get this stuff done. That should be plenty of time, even if you're a perfectionist. ;)

Also, if it appears as though I'm not being especially active, it's because I'm going to try and post all my stuff at once, probably sometime next week.

I still need feedback on filling Diamondeye's slot. Luckymoose, are you willing to join?

:bump:

Just a reminder that once again, round one entries are due Saturday, June 20 at 12:00 A.M. (Midnight)

Also, as a clarification: Since no one has stepped up and Diamondeye has dropped out, it counts as a forefeit (which is not far off from what would happen if you turned in your entry late without a very good excuse or previous discussion with me ;) ) and flyingchicken will thus proceed to the next round. However, he will still be required to submit something. Any further drop outs will be treated the same way.

OOC: {

I figured that, since I'm ajudge, you would all want to know at least a little bit about MY GRADING CRITERIA. Maybe you are picturing a Jane Schaffer-esque writing method in which I have specific things that I wish to see you include, or maybe a little rubric that I tally up, nice and objectively.

You would be wrong! No, I am going to entirely BS this. There is nothing you can do to give yourself a better chance, except to try to hit the things that I subjectively "like" or hit an issue that I connect to.

So go ahead and write your brains out! The only thing that I'll like consistently is spelling/mechanics. :p

}

Top Bottom