Offcial Civ4 Site is Up

Belboz said:
Forgive me if this has been addressed somewhere else, but some units (e.g. Chariots, in the Greek Units page) have only two icons per square, not three. Does anyone know if this affects unit strength in any way?
It's in the pre-release info: 'Units’ strength will be represented by the number of units. At full strength, a unit will have three units, and when it takes damage it loses a single unit until it is destroyed.'
You can see it happening in the Immortals video.

GAMESTOP website said:
CD Soundtrack: Containing original compositions by Christopher Tin (http://christophertin.com/news.html) and Jeffrey Briggs (composer of Civilization II), as well as classical pieces throughout the ages.

Got my question answered!! :D :thanx:

darkdude said:
It's in the pre-release info: 'Units’ strength will be represented by the number of units. At full strength, a unit will have three units, and when it takes damage it loses a single unit until it is destroyed.'
You can see it happening in the Immortals video.

True, but there are only two chariots in the chariots movie and only one helicopter in the gunship movie. It's probably not significant, but I was curious if some units only have one or two icons per square even at full strength, and if so, if this changes the mechanics of combat for those units.

joethreeblah said:
Also there is a link under Community to this web site:

So... be good!
Of course :D

Did you notice the last line of that page under Coming Soon: 'CIV fans should keep visiting this portion of the site as there will be much more content coming soon including the official Civilization IV fansite kit.'

FANSITE KIT :crazyeye:

Volga Boatman music is BACK! #$&@ YEAH! Takes me back to old-skool Civ 1 days. Too bad Stalin dosn't come with it.

Lillefix said:
I love the music that comes when you click on "game info". It brings back so any memories from civ1
Yeah, the ol' civ1 intro

'in the beginning, the earth was without form...'

:D

Belboz said:
True, but there are only two chariots in the chariots movie and only one helicopter in the gunship movie. It's probably not significant, but I was curious if some units only have one or two icons per square even at full strength, and if so, if this changes the mechanics of combat for those units.
I assume the chariot and the gunship already had taken some damage from a previous battle so they started this one with less than three units in the unit.

Oh man, this website is a joke

I hope they don't have Franklin Roosevelt described as the 39th president in the game.

Though Jimmy Carter WOULD make a cool leaderhead...

joethreeblah said:
Since there are 3 units in the still shot, I would assume this is correct.
Wait, I don't think I ever saw more than one unit in a tank unit at the same time in a screenshot and also the still shots only give one unit in the unit for gunship and tank, so maybe my assumption was correct only for the chariot. Maybe the tank and gunship are depicted after all with only one unit in the unit. And looking back at some screenshots the workers always seem to come with two units in the unit.
So the next assumption is: explorer, scout, worker: two units in a unit; tank, gunship, icbm: one unit in a unit; Military units where you see bodies: three units in a unit.

There is a distinct lack of muzzle flashes for the modern units. The infantry just go *bang* and apparently shoot the guys directly in the face, but there's no real animation.

The galley battle is pretty lame too.

However, it all looks really impressive and I'm really excited! :D

Nice site. Hopefully this will be followed by a gone gold statement within the next few days;)

The new screenshots at the site are really nice. The one for the Eiffel Tower is particularly pretty, I think.

Awesome site. :eek: Hey, did anybody else notice that the Game Info page has background music from Civ I?? They upgraded that music with the flute instead of a MIDI synthesiser! I thought that was awesome. Oh yeah, the rest of the site is good, just needs the rest of the leaderheads. ;)

Not bad. My only problem is that they say Julius Caesar was the first Roman Emperor. This is not true Augustus(Octavian) Caesae was the actuall first emperor.

Top Bottom