One City challenge

You cannot win an UHV victory with all civs with only one city. These are theoretically possible:

India, Babylonia, Greece, Persia, Ethiopia, Japan, Khmer, Dutch (if your capital is in Australia), Mali, Inca, Aztecs and America
You need Spices when you are the Dutch. I've done India, Babylonia, Greece and the Aztecs on OCC((Well, not really, the mode wasn't turned on but I only had one city throughout the game))

No. One city cannot cover that by itself.
The UHV for Persia is impossible to win without vassals on OCC. You need to control 8% of the world. That would be really hard because the most you can get from one city is 1.something %. The maximum culture is 50000. Look at my Roman spaceship just above.

Vassals don't count in the Persian UHV so it is impossible even in theory.

Dutch and America aren't impossible, vassals will trade you any resources you want..

True, though you won't have many vassals in an OCC.

They might be impossible, but in THEORY you can do it with vassals.
Let me explain Dutch/America: You can force capitulated civs to give you all their spices/oil. (These will be very hard)

My conclusion: Ok, you are right, these are IMPOSSIBLE to get, but thats why I underlined theoratically ;)

EDIT: I didn't know it doesn't count for Persia, sorry for that

I don't even know if such a thing is possible, vassals can break free if they reach certain requirements, I'm sure they meet the population and land requirements.

If they capitulated, yes. Voluntary vassals can break free after 10 turns, though I've never had a voluntary vassal break away from me in RFC. I have had a civ offer to be my vassal at least once in an OCC game (Mali during a recent Roman OCC space attempt).

How can you get the dutch capital on Australia? Do you have to move that galley all the way there? Its easier on DoC , as the Dutch spawn with East Indiamen.

Yeah, galleys. That's why it's mentioned as purely theoretical, because you usually get sunk by barbarian triremes around the Horn of Africa.

Probably not, because you can use the free barb wins on them, and triple promote a galley. To get many vassals and take 7 spices from them is a whole different story though.

Yeah, the barb wins will come in handy. But by the time you reach Australia you will be hopelessly backward in techs, which makes it very unlikely that a civ will vassalize to you.

An Arabian OCC UHV is also theoretically possible using a 3000 BC start but virtually impossible to actually pull off. To do it, you'd need Jerusalem to still be standing (and be the Jewish and Christian holy city), and Egypt and Carthage not to have collapsed. You'd need to use WB to delete any cities other than Jerusalem that would flip to you, of course. Then, you'd have to force Egypt, Carthage, and Spain to capitulate without collapsing them while generating between 1 and 3 great prophets. After all that, you'd have to spread Islam to 40% of the world's population without using your UP (and without any other civ winning in the meantime).

An Arabian OCC UHV is also theoretically possible using a 3000 BC start but virtually impossible to actually pull off. To do it, you'd need Jerusalem to still be standing (and be the Jewish and Christian holy city), and Egypt and Carthage not to have collapsed. You'd need to use WB to delete any cities other than Jerusalem that would flip to you, of course. Then, you'd have to force Egypt, Carthage, and Spain to capitulate without collapsing them while generating between 1 and 3 great prophets. After all that, you'd have to spread Islam to 40% of the world's population without using your UP (and without any other civ winning in the meantime).
Only 1 GP will be needed, as Jerusalem will have the Jewish and Christian shrine needless of whether it is the holy city or not.

Only 1 GP will be needed, as Jerusalem will have the Jewish and Christian shrine needless of whether it is the holy city or not.

That's only in the 600 AD start; I was talking about 3000 BC. With a 600 AD start, an Arabian OCC UHV really is impossible since Egypt and Carthage aren't around.

Top Bottom