Orbis 1.0 Bug Thread

I also have a reproducible game-stopper. It's not a crash per se, I suppose, but when you hit "end turn" the little globe never stops spinning and it never advances to my next turn. The app doesn't stop responding, though, and I have to end the process with Task Manager.

It seems like it has something to do wth Flauros because if I use the World Builder to erase all his buildings the game proceeds normally. But I can't figure out what (he creates a great person but that doesn't seem to be it since I can erase the city making the GP and it still hangs).

Is it worthwhile to post my save as well? I dont know if you can figure stuff out from it. This is the first game stopper I've encountered in a long time thankfully.

Is anyone else able to play a game as the Sheim following AV?

I've started two games, and once I adopt AV I can't load the save any longer. It immediately crashes to desktop. Other civs and religions play normally. An art problem?

I also have a reproducible game-stopper. It's not a crash per se, I suppose, but when you hit "end turn" the little globe never stops spinning and it never advances to my next turn. The app doesn't stop responding, though, and I have to end the process with Task Manager.

It seems like it has something to do wth Flauros because if I use the World Builder to erase all his buildings the game proceeds normally. But I can't figure out what (he creates a great person but that doesn't seem to be it since I can erase the city making the GP and it still hangs).

Is it worthwhile to post my save as well? I dont know if you can figure stuff out from it. This is the first game stopper I've encountered in a long time thankfully.

try clicking on the minimap

Is anyone else able to play a game as the Sheim following AV?

I've started two games, and once I adopt AV I can't load the save any longer. It immediately crashes to desktop. Other civs and religions play normally. An art problem?

Using Orbis 1.0b and the Elemental Unity hotfix, I've been playing a Sheim game with AV for quite some time. My continent is entirely hell terrain and covered with independent demons, so yeah... Dunno why yours isn't working.

Using Orbis 1.0b and the Elemental Unity hotfix, I've been playing a Sheim game with AV for quite some time. My continent is entirely hell terrain and covered with independent demons, so yeah... Dunno why yours isn't working.

I had similar issues with Sheaim. It looks like corrupted save, don't know why. As long as I play, everything is ok. Usually when I load game, it's ok also, but I can't load some saves. If I load earlier one and go on from there, everything is ok.
Also had this kind of problem with Elohim and Balseraphs (once each only).

It's strange. I see people posting about Sheaim games, but it just won't let me load games with them once I've adopted AV. Also, it eventually reaches a point when I can't load any of the autosaves either. The game itself never crashes - it's just the save that seems broken.

How do I install the elemental unity quick fix? Do I just drag the entire folder to python?

I had a Embers AV game which got corrupted too. Couldn't open it, it crashed while loading.

EDIT : I also got corrupted saves in base game, so is it tied to orbis ?

Hey, I just installed the mod and I am loving it so far, but my workers seem to only build yurts when they're automated. Did I mess something up in the installation? :crazyeye:

Hey, I just installed the mod and I am loving it so far, but my workers seem to only build yurts when they're automated. Did I mess something up in the installation? :crazyeye:
Are you sure they're able to build anything else? Orbis changes a lot about the placement rules for improvements - cottages need fresh water, for one; mines are only allowed on resources - quarries are the replacement hammer improvement.

It can take a bit to get used to, but it ends up being much more realistic. Also, automated workers are pretty unreliable in most versions of FfH and its modmods.

Yes, I was handling them myself and usually only automate workers near the middle of the game when I get fed up with them, so I had farms, cottages and a plantation on a silk resource.

Since I was at the start, I figured I'd automate them to see how they'd handle and they started chopping down all forests and replace all of my improvements with yurts. As soon as they replaced the plantation with a yurt, they went straight to work to replace it. When that plantation was done, they started replacing it with another yurt again. :crazyeye:

I also haven't noticed any restriction about needing fresh water for cottages and I seem to be able to farm hills. Is that intentional too?

Yes, I was handling them myself and usually only automate workers near the middle of the game when I get fed up with them, so I had farms, cottages and a plantation on a silk resource.

Since I was at the start, I figured I'd automate them to see how they'd handle and they started chopping down all forests and replace all of my improvements with yurts. As soon as they replaced the plantation with a yurt, they went straight to work to replace it. When that plantation was done, they started replacing it with another yurt again. :crazyeye:

I also haven't noticed any restriction about needing fresh water for cottages and I seem to be able to farm hills. Is that intentional too?

Aha. Go into your options menu and select "workers leave existing improvements" and "workers don't chop forests". That will solve 90% of your problems.

As for fresh water/cottages; maybe that's only for plains. I've only played a few Orbis games, so the rules aren't crystal clear for me. Farming on hills is intended (see: terracing), but only grasslands.

A game with the Illans and the White Hand like state religion : the universalism civic doesn't work for building religious units without temples.

I had a Embers AV game which got corrupted too. Couldn't open it, it crashed while loading.

EDIT : I also got corrupted saves in base game, so is it tied to orbis ?

Besides AV games in Orbis, I've never had a save corrupted by BTS or any mod.

I am getting this same Python error every turn:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvEventInterface", line 23, in onEvent

File "CvCustomEventManager", line 75, in handleEvent

File "CvCustomEventManager", line 86, in _handleDefaultEvent

File "CvEventManager", line 2653, in onCityDoTurn

UnboundLocalError: local variable 'iiY' referenced before assignment
ERR: Python function onEvent failed, module CvEventInterface

See save game below.

Edit: I believe that there is a missing

"for iiY in range(iY-2, iX+3, 1): "

above the "for iiX " line in CvEventManager.py

Attachments

• Load.CivBeyondSwordSave
    423.7 KB · Views: 145
Getting the following Python Error (patch 1.0b).
Erm.. nevermind.. didn't realize the hotfix wasn't a part of the patch. Ignore me.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    162.4 KB · Views: 120
Erm... why is basium invincible? I'm in his city.. and can't capture it =(

Attachments

• Malakim Orbis.CivBeyondSwordSave
    746 KB · Views: 122
  • Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    207.1 KB · Views: 154
I have hit a very obscure bug in Orbis 1.0b with Element patch:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvSpellInterface", line 27, in cast

File "<string>", line 0, in ?

File "CvSpellInterface", line 2914, in spellScorch

RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception
ERR: Python function cast failed, module CvSpellInterface

The bug is in the Scorch code when a Jungle Defender is created (5% chance).
To test this bug, first change the %chance to 100 by altering CvSpellInterface.py line 2906 to

"if CyGame().getSorenRandNum(100, "Jungle Defender Spawn") < 100:"

then load my save game below.

First try using scorch with Chalid. Works fine and a jungle dweller should be created in one of the squares next door.
Now, reload. Hit w (wait) 3 times to cycle through the ship, the vicar and back to Chalid. Now try scorch. It comes up with the above error.
For the life of me I cannot figure out the cause of this bug :(

The Bug only seems to trigger when I make Chalid wait BEFORE casting scorch AND the jungle dweller code is triggered.

Attachments

• a.CivBeyondSwordSave
    448.7 KB · Views: 104
Killing hell terrain spawned Demonic Liches is causing CTD's. I can kill Sheaim Liches safely however.
Snake Pillars - can keep a destroyed civilizations ownership, which is unfortunate as they can't be destroyed and can be extremely resistant to Sanctify.

Top Bottom