• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Orbis Bug Thread (Old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, tested, seems fixed. I ditched the part concerning gamespeed. I attached a file with the DLL to extract in your Orbis/Assets folder and there also is the CvUnit.cpp file for Ahwaric :)

Don't forget to back up your original DLL file!

Attachments

• FreeXPFix.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 66
Heh. Well, on the one hand it's obvious the barbarian and animal spam is way much right now. On the other hand, it's really kind of awesome that in my current game on Immortal difficulty as the Grigori I'm clearly in 1st place in terms of population and area, and holding my own in terms of research at turn 105.

How? Because my capital is pop 6 and I have a second pop 5 city a few hexes away... and none of the AI appear to have been able to found a second city in the face of relentless animal attacks. In fact, two of them have already been eliminated (the elohim and one other I forget) by either barbs or animals. Oh and my research which is doing okay is because I am getting 15 or 16 beakers a turn... at turn 105! And winning!

I'm currently trying to claw space for a third city away from the monstrous animal hordes... there was a stack of eight (!) giant spiders of strength 5-6 in one direction, and a strength 9 (!) giant spider with bear support in the other; both are about to fall.

What saved me in this one is turning the first Grigori adventurer into a scout... and somehow finding an artifact called an Athame which gives +3 poison combat right off the bat. So the level 11 scout with base strength 5, combat 5, flanking, etc is allowing me to stave off the griffons, spiders, and bears... for now. Because there's a massively upgraded wraith sitting off my fort and I dont know if I can stop him if he attacks, since he'll get stronger with every kill.

Like I said, kind of awesome. For a day or two. But not really tenable in the long term :)

Winning by having a combined pop of 11 and 15 beakers a turn on Immortal is interesting.

Huh? Your adventurer gained XP over time or did he gain XP because of combats? I played a game with Grigori and my adventurers didn't get any XP, hence my above post about no xp per turn...

I think related to a city captured crash, I've been experiencing crashes trying to loot goody huts (some, not all of them).

Also, when I pick up an artifact from a dungeon/lair, I don't see it displayed. I had to reload to see what I actually picked.

Here's a save with a goody hut crash.

Attachments

• Malakim Turn_0029.rar
    150.9 KB · Views: 51
Well, if you were on a slower than normal gamespeed you'll only see some every second or third turn, unless Ahwaric imported the decimal xp.
Didn't have any XP at all.

I too experienced goody hut loot CTD.

My adventurers from Grigori appear to be gaining XP as usual on Normal game speed. I haven't seen any difference. Can't say why my adventures have been gaining XP and yours haven't: I'm certainly playing Orbis 0.23.

I did completely uninstall all FFH2 related mods, including the base FFH2, before re-installing FFH2 through 0.41a and then Orbis 0.23 from scratch (except the hall of fame stuff which seems to have been retained... must not be saved in the game directories). Don't know why that would matter if the problem is some code in 0.23 itself, but certainly my adventurers seem to be functioning normally.

My beakers/turn is up to about 30 on turn 150 or whatever. The wraith attacked and almost wiped me out single-handedly, but I had a couple strength 10-12 bears I had captured which whittled him down and then my second adventurer I had turned into a warrior and then upgraded to combat 5, flanking, etc managed to kill him on about a 40% roll or my nascent empire would have been eliminated. I think the world is mine to conquer now as I am 1 turn from Tracking, and once my scout is upgraded to a hunter I should roll over everything.

Indeed they're working correctly. It just came up to my mind.

With the change I refer to above, the XP gained per turn is multiplied by 100/iGrowthPercent, which depends on game speed. iGrowth% for Normal speed is... 100. So the XP gained is multiplied by 1, which is fine. For Epic, iGrowth% is 150, so the XP gained is multiplied by 0.5, which is not fine since the value is not a float but an integer. As the Marathon value is 300 (so, 0.33) and the Quick is 67 or something, all speeds but Normal are broken.

The fix above fix that by ditching the multiplication thing :)

Thanks for all the help and bug reporting. Sorry that the problems are so big - I should have probably do more tests, but decided that it will be faster to just release and fix what you will find ;) Sorry again.

Good thing, I have managed to kill some bugs. The patch 0.23a is ready and does the following:

Divided by 100 amount of free xp granted to demon barbarians by AC (should limit wraiths, ira etc...)
Shadow Priest of Agroun replaces Mazatl Shadow, not Bannor one
changed order of gameoptions (in dll) to take into account firaxis hardcoding (should work fine now)
Fixed issue with xp gain for speeds other than normal (thanks Opera!)
Fixed angel of death art
Fixed CtD on demons capturing cities
Toned down animal spawn rate
Longer time needed for animal ehancments
Adjusted a bit what can be spawned by each barbarian faction

The patch breaks saves.

It still needs tweaking, but hopefully the game will be at least playable.
I will continue tomorrow...

Thanks! Sounds perfect.

I'm going to finish my current game though. Up to turn 200! At 75 beakers a turn, and finally met another civ. Kane and I are best buddies now, we're slowly grinding out a place for ourselves in a harsh, demon and monstrous animal dominated world.

Some more wraiths showed up and I've had to sacrifice unit after unit to grind them down, but I finally have a solution. I have a strength 13 elephant which I've given orthus' axe. He can defend my cities... he still would die on the first attack by the wraiths, but I can pull everyone but 2 weak warriors out, let one absorb the first attack, and then the elephant moves in and kills the wraith on the second attack. I guess he swings the axe with his trunk.

On the other hand, I can't seem to "release elephant" any more. Is there some requirement for this besides just having to do it inside my cultural borders? The option doesn't seem to come up.

Not to worry Ahwaric. The bigger the changes the bigger the bugs.

Thanks for getting a patch out so quickly.

Latest patch

I get "You have found an artefact of ages past" from exploring lairs with Divided souls and nothing appears on my unit or on the tile. It happened a couple of times. Once from a barrow and once from a griffon's nest.

Thanks for the toned down animals by the way. Still very nasty but somewhat manageable.

The toned down animals seem about right to me at first impression but will keep watching to make sure.

A big stack o' wraiths just appeared on turn 63 in my new game with the patch, though, and promptly wiped out my garrisoned border fort without breaking a sweat. I expect to be eliminated about as fast as they can march across my territory since they're like strength 9 and I now have 4 warriors and 2 scouts after they wiped out my fort guys. So the wraith thing is still problematic.

edit: not just wraiths, something is spawning big bads. I restored back a couple turns and instead of wraiths, two stacks of barbarians showed up: One stack of 4 mistforms and one stack of 4 aueralis. I guess that's better than wraiths but the aurealis are still strength 6!

Thanks for all the help and bug reporting. Sorry that the problems are so big - I should have probably do more tests, but decided that it will be faster to just release and fix what you will find ;) Sorry again.

Good thing, I have managed to kill some bugs. The patch 0.23a is ready and does the following:

Divided by 100 amount of free xp granted to demon barbarians by AC (should limit wraiths, ira etc...)
Shadow Priest of Agroun replaces Mazatl Shadow, not Bannor one
changed order of gameoptions (in dll) to take into account firaxis hardcoding (should work fine now)
Fixed issue with xp gain for speeds other than normal (thanks Opera!)
Fixed angel of death art
Fixed CtD on demons capturing cities
Toned down animal spawn rate
Longer time needed for animal ehancments
Adjusted a bit what can be spawned by each barbarian faction

The patch breaks saves.

It still needs tweaking, but hopefully the game will be at least playable.
I will continue tomorrow...
um yea, that was a problem, imagine my surprise...

Last stuff for me tonight: I'm not getting the reproducible just-hit-end-turn crashes any more, which is great. There are still more crashes than in the previous version but generally if I reload the game and just play normally they don't recur which doesn't bother me all that much. I think they must have to do with goodie huts or something as they seem WAY more common in the first 50 turns than after.

Most animals seem better. Definitely stronger than before but they don't seem to blanket the entire world anymore with monstrously strong super-beasts. Except for griffins which still seem to be all over the place. And they seem to have radar because I can see some griffins at the south end of my empire, move a single scout out from my territory like 20 hexes north of them, and watch the griffons all immediately make a beeline for the scout. They are insanely aggressive and all-knowing, where before 0.23 they would attack you and make life difficult but mostly just flew around being pests. Now they seem to be on a mission from god to eradicate anyone that takes a single step out of your territory even if they aren't anywhere near the griffin.

edit update: started over and have what is in most ways a GREAT starting position. I have contact with the Bannor and Ljosalfar (although, oddly, Decius as leader of the Bannor was evil by turn 30) but can seal off a large, abundantly stocked with resources area for myself using a fort or two. But a monster stack of minotaurs just showed up on turn 45. Five strength 8/11 minotaurs on turn 45! Think I'm gonna have to wait for the next patch!

I'm playing 0.22d version and Illian assassins remain invisible after the attack, don't know if it was fixed yet.

Playing 0.23a. Workers seem quite buggy. Buttons for cottages, yurts or forts disappear when worker is moved to a tile where you could build one. Heavy lag when ever a worker is selected on a tile with no improvements. Buttons are unclickable, shortcuts work tho. etc...

I've only run into a few bugs with the .23a so far. Not seeing any worker problems or very strong barbarians or overwhelming griffons so far (turn 80 | normal speed | noble difficulty). A theory: can the AI explore lairs and unleash pack leaders & other powerful monsters?

The few things I've noticed are: A normal bear I captured (not polar) has a bonus to ice movement, attack, and tundra strength. It looks as if Trolls might be spawning on Tiger lairs instead of tigers. Also, I've seen griffons spawning on troll lairs so lair spawns might need a looking at.

I've not seen any worker problems either. Definitely lots of overwhelming barbarians very early, and stlll a lot of griffins.

The strength of the griffins isn't so much the problem it's the fact that they seem to be WAY more aggressive than before. They chase down anybody that leaves my territory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom