1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Paradox Interactive games

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by Maniacal, Aug 4, 2006.

1. GamezRule

GamezRule Inconceivable!

I had HoI3 when it was still young. I have SF, but I lost interest in it before any of the other expansions came out.

2. Zack

Zack 99% hot gas

3. Civ'ed

Civ'ed I ain't gotta explain a thing

Lies and slander, only Ulm is Ulm, Russia is merely a weak substitute, even if it's really Ulm!

4. Angst

Angst Rambling and inconsistent

He's so hilarious, that guy :)

5. History_Buff

History_Buff Knight of Cydonia

Didn't he get kicked off the forums briefly? I seem to remember him saying something really dumb, but I can't for the life of me remember what it might have been.

6. NBAfan

NBAfan boss

He tried advertising Ulm T-shirts. His ban didn't last very long though.

7. Bowsling

Bowsling Deity

I actually failed to find that Russia thing all that funny. At all.

8. hoplitejoe

hoplitejoe Top fun-poster

I think it is good for what it is, half AAR half intro to the mechanics.

9. Ergo Sum

Ergo Sum Prince

New Victoria 2 something (expansion?) in the works. The devs have been updating their facebook page with 'clues' for the past 5 days, bits of screenshots of new features it looks like. Honestly I'll probably buy it.

10. WindFish

WindFish Class Warrior

Its a colonial xpac with some focus on congressing and naval battles

11. darkimpaler

darkimpaler Chieftain

From Paradox itself:

Victoria II: Heart of Darkness announced! The expansion focuses on the Scramble for Africa as you compete with other colonial powers and experience international crises which require Great Power mediation if the world is to avoid war.

- Experience a brand new colonization system: Use your navy to expand your empire, compete against other colonial powers and struggle to maintain your overseas control. Colonial conflicts can spiral out of control and become international crises where they will have to be decided by diplomatic negotiations or risk costly wars.

- Battle your enemies in the new naval combat system: Together with the new colonization system, your navies are more important than ever. We have revamped the entire naval combat system and made it much more detailed and exciting with a new system of gun ranges and maneuvering into positions for battles. New powerful battleships join the other classes of ships to bridge the gap to Dreadnoughts.

-Prepare for International Crises: Around the world international crises continually call on the Great Powers to mediate and compromise, with war always being the last resort. As one of the lesser powers, use your influence to stir up the local flash points so you can use fleet footed diplomacy to get the Great Powers to right the wrongs that have been committed against your nation!

- Follow the global events with the new newspaper system: You will receive reports on local and global events as well as the world's changing situation to keep up to date and get a greater sense of immersion. Over 60 newspapers, both historic and otherwise, periodically present you with the latest news reports of war, major events, royal gossip and other matters of interest.

And then, some interesting pics

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?662799-Victoria-2-Heart-of-Darkness&p=14957837&viewfull=1#post14957837

12. mechaerik

mechaerik Tuturuu!

http://www.paradoxplaza.com/games/crusader-kings-ii-the-old-gods

CK2 thing is also announced. Its pagans. Features include an 867 start date (but without the ability to choose a start between 868 and 1065).

Crusader Kings II: Old Gods
    Europe is in turmoil. The land has been fragmented into petty fiefdoms, the Emperor struggles with the Pope, and the Holy Father declares that all those who go to liberate the Holy Land will be freed of their sins. Now is the time for greatness.

Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods, the fourth expansion for the critically praised strategy/RPG, finally enables you to play as a Pagan or Zoroastrian ruler, with particular focus on the dreaded Vikings and their tradition of pillage and adventure. Crusader Kings II explores one of the defining periods in world history in an experience crafted by Paradox Development Studio, the masters of Strategy. Medieval Europe comes to life in this game of knights, schemes and thrones.

- Play as a Pagan chieftain and ravage your weak neighbors. If you remain at peace for too long, your people will grow restless...

- The new earliest start date is 867 AD: The Viking Rurik has founded the kingdom of Rus and the Great Heathen Army under the sons of Ragnar Lodbrok rampages through England.

- Play as a Zoroastrian lord and restore your ancient religion to prominence.

- Adventurers: Landless characters can gather armies and go off to carve out new realms on their own.

- Prepared Invasions: Declare your intention to invade and watch your armies grow with adventurers and restless warriors, but don't wait too long to start your war or it might all fall apart...

- Rebels with a Cause: Rebels are no longer a faceless menace – they are now led by characters with agendas.

- Loot and pillage provinces. Burn down their cities and take their gold!

- Sacrifice to Odin at the great Blot!

- Christians and Muslims can dispatch missions to convert the depraved heathens.

- New beautiful Pagan interface skin.

- New events and decisions: berserkers, sejdr, curses, omens, divinations, runestones and much more.

13. NBAfan

NBAfan boss

Awesome stuff

14. Maniacal

Maniacal the green Napoleon

Hell yes! An earlier start date will be interesting for all nations!

The only reason I ever wait too long is because the game doesn't give me a damn CB.

15. Zack

Zack 99% hot gas

Or because I have to wait fifteen years to properly utilize conquered provinces.

16. Civ'ed

Civ'ed I ain't gotta explain a thing

But... but... you can already play pagans...

17. mechaerik

mechaerik Tuturuu!

No you can't, not without modding them. Likely it will be the same as what they did with Sword of Islam; you'll be able to mod them playable again, but without all the pagan-specific features.

18. SouthernKing

SouthernKing crickety cricket

2 xps announced in one day, awesome.

In other news, we really need to organize/consolidate the Paradox-related threads in AOG a bit better.

19. Bowsling

Bowsling Deity

Sub-forum! Sub-forum! Sub-forum!

20. Optical

Optical The Fall of the Eleventh

I agree. There are AOG subforums that haven't been posted in this year. On the other hand, half of CFC seems to play Paradox games.