1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Paradox Interactive games

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by Maniacal, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Shadowbound

Shadowbound Incorrugible

The Civil War isn't starting in 1.3, I'm up to 1884 and all I've seen is a brief Confederate Nationalist revolt that dissolved when I sent three brigades down. My consciousness is approaching 10 because of the "Slavery Debate" adding 0.01 every month, 80% of the voting population is liberal, and the Democrats still haven't lost power.

Also, the Two Sicilies is being a dick and abusing luxury clothes factories.

2. Sonereal

Sonereal ♫We got the guillotine♫ Supporter

That's weird. CSA formed mid-1850s and the Civil War lasted for nearly a decade in my latest game.

Playing as the Papal States, impossible to build artillery, guards, or anything that requires liquor. I've taken Tuscany and Lucca. I keep trying to take Modena but Austria-Hungary keeps conquest-blocking me and Two Sicilians and I are both in France's SoI. So, France and I beat up on Greece.

The Americans built Panama and the Suez Canal. China westernized and has the highest score in the game (second is France). However, GB has the standard 3000 brigades thing going on. :lol:

Portugal keeps trying to take Setif from Algeria and keeps getting it's hand slapped by France. "The 4th War of Setif Concession" is only the latest.

3. madviking

madviking north american scum

1.3 is really, really broken. I am disappoint Paradox.

4. NBAfan

NBAfan boss

How? It might not be realistic but it works as a game.

5. madviking

A short list of my complaints
    - MASSIVE liquor and luxury clothes shortages
    - inability to raise an army (because of the reason before)
    - bogus industry score calculation
    - last health care reform gives 1.5% growth instead of 0.15% (loltastic)
    - immigrants never choose anything besides North and South America
    - British India becoming a giant recruiting base for Britain. Calcutta, population two million, becomes 80% soldiers by the middle of the game
    - colonies in general become op recruiting bases (ex. Dutch East Indies provided me with 80% of my army when playing the Netherlands)
    - just general lack of quality...PI focuses too much on fixing everything in XPs...
    - needs more features...

6. Maniacal

Maniacal the green Napoleon

Down with the bourgeois and devil's drink!

War is a horrible evil anyway.

Humbug, Enron is doing just fine.

I don't see the problem here (serious question).

I don't blame them, Africa and South-East Asia are kind of lousy for colonizing if you are a European.

I shall have to Sikh an answer to this.

Which will need more patches, but yes that sounds nice.

7. madviking

The first few HC reforms range from 0.025% to 0.10% or something. 1.5% is a typo.

Transvaal is sucks to play without any immigration; it's impossible to get a 2nd national focus since your assimilation rate sucks baby monkey crap.

Which reminds me...there needs to be a way to get out of Presidential Dictatorship. I seriously have half of the electoral reforms (up to Wealth or something) and they aren't calling for elections (I had to wait for Jacobin rebels [in, like, 1900] to force me out of it).

8. Thormodr

Thormodr Servant of Civ Supporter

This is the game I am excited about.

Pride of Nations by AGEOD is looking very promising. It will be coming out June 7th and will be a real bargain at only $20.

They are a small gaming company from France who have specialized in making excellent wargames. Truly some of the good guys in the industry.

The company was recently bought by Paradox Interactive and I believe is now called Paradox France.

Anyway, the game looks very in depth with a lot of historical detail. The military side of it will be top notch but the economic, diplomatic and colonial aspects of the game also look very strong. If you like deep, complex, fairly realistic games which will also teach you something about why history happened the way it did then this game is for you.

The game takes place between 1850-1920 and although the time period appears short, it is turn based and each turn is 2 weeks so it adds up to 1680 turns in total. There are also many shorter scenarios to play like the Sepoy rebellion in India or the Russian-Japanese War in 1904-1905.

Here is the forum page on Paradox Interactive:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ide-of-Nations

Here is the list of developer diaries and Daily Updates (they are even updating on the weekend. ):

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...itory-for-Developer-Diaries-and-Daily-Updates

9. Maniacal

You mean a number that actually looks like it has an effect?

10. madviking

Too much though. Your factory are never able to keep up with the influx of craftsmen.

Examples of opness:

- I had more national focuses than regions as the USCA (even after conquering Yucatan).
    - I turned Texas (without even uniting the Mexican half, so Texan Texas) into a great power by 1900.

11. Luckymoose

Luckymoose The World is Mine

And in Vicky 1 I put 200 million people into Uruguay without expanding.

12. west india man

west india man Immortal

That's more than 1 person per square km! :eek:

13. ZeletDude

ZeletDude The Lion

1 Person..? Gotta be more then that.. :rolleyes:

14. west india man

west india man Immortal

Uruguay is about 176 000 km².

15. Macha

Macha King

HOI 2 complete and HOI 3 are on sale on Steam for about the same price. Is it better to get the complete edition of HOI 2 or is HOI 3 just flat out better?

16. Maniacal

Get it on GamersGate instead, iirc there are problems with mods and the Steam version (or is that EUIII?). HoI3 has been on sale on GamersGate for weeks now for 40% off (and $17.99 for the Collection).

17. ZeletDude

ZeletDude The Lion

Uhh I don't see why you think 1/KM is that much.. The US has 33/Km and Uruguay's currently is 19/KM and it has a population of 3.5 Million so you did something wrong..

18. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Super Moderator

I think you'll find that's more than one thousand people per square kilometre!

Zelet, area is measured in squares, so square metres or metres squared. :)

19. ZeletDude

ZeletDude The Lion

No yeah I know, just too lazy to add the little 2. :p

20. NBAfan

NBAfan boss

You guys should try the Age of Colonialism mod for Vicky 2.
    They do a very good job of balancing the game. They also just focus on game balance and hardly add much.