1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch 7.4x Bugs

Discussion in 'Wildmana Modmod' started by Sephi, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Pohlmann

Pohlmann Warlord

genesis has no effect. python exception....
    quickfix?

2. graywarden

graywarden King

Testing as the Bannor now, Barbarian Skeletons are displayed as swordsman. Second load that I have seen this.
    I have a clean download of v 7.20 and patch 7.44 as of this morning just to make sure my next test was not effected by outside files from svn traffic.

3. graywarden

graywarden King

I may have to rescind that last post. Now I have a hyena displayed as a lion.
    I will delete and try another install

I may need to clean the coffeepot too while im at it....... whew

4. Econian

Econian Chieftain

Power calculation is way off

The Illians are showing as much more powerful than me. I only have 0.6 of their power on turn 224. I easily crush them in the next couple of turns. In WB they have much less than me, only 17 combat units. 4 chariots, 9 axemen, 1 frost maiden, 3 javelins thowers. They also have 7 workers and 3 hawks. I have 47 horse archers, 3 axemen, 1 disciple, 3 adepts, 1 adventurer, and 1 settler. I have 3 times as many combat units as them, but they are more powerful than me? Something is off here.

Attached Files:

5. graywarden

graywarden King

After another download and install as mentioned above, I still have skeletons posing as swordsman. I guess this could be the effects of a WILD MANA radiation or something.... haha

6. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

that's definitely the frozen animations player option, turn it off ;)

7. graywarden

graywarden King

Gekko,

I was just about to insert my reply when your post hit. No it wasnt the frozen animations option. I am not even sure where that is... haha....

Its a map issue. I downloaded this am the latest Erubus Continent map from Seven05 posted on the download thread. I got to digging after I started a game of FFH Vanilla and the same thing occurred. I found one version in my public maps folder and a different dated version in my mod private map folder. I am trying to figure out which one was the "corrupted" one right now.

I will post here and on the other thread soon as i figure out which is which.

8. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

I don't think a mapscript can cause an issue like that though... I'm using the latest ErebusContinent and everything's fine. very weird O.o

9. graywarden

graywarden King

I agree it is very wierd, and I didnt immedietely go there either, BUT after about 5 starts and seeing the same thing with the skeletons/hyenas, AND not remembering seeing it before. I figured it was probably something on my end here. The map download was the only other variable that i entered in the equation, so thats why i started looking there. I should know here in a bit if that was the case or not.

10. graywarden

graywarden King

Alrighty Then!!! Maybe its not as logical as it seems.. haha..
    Havent found any Skeleton/Swordsman or Hyena/Lions but I have found Stag/Horseman!!!

Time to try another Map all together to eliminate the map theory.

11. graywarden

graywarden King

Gekko,

Your guess was closer then mine. I had forgotten I had put my graphic settings on "low" a couple of nights ago. I was having terrible problems with the "memory allocation failures" with my Faerie test (save game was 1600k plus) and I had tried everything i could to keep the test going because I was getting close to the end of time, and completing the Luanotar Win. (though the sneaky sidar beat me with a cultural win)

I probably was not clear in that the bug was not an animation thing. the units were still (not a battle animation), the cursor display would label them as a skeleton, but the visual unit would be a swordsman. So that still in a sense is why would that occur, even if i had my settings on low like i did???

12. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

I'm running on low settings as well, and when you set them on low the "frozen animation" checkbox gets ticked automatically so I had to turn it off again. it's not surprising that you were having MAF issues with huge maps btw, those things are demanding :lol:

13. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

Frozen Animations reverts some of the earlier art to the units they were made out of; Not a whole lot to be done about it, without completely remaking all the art. Just keep that option turned off. ;)

14. Honor

Honor Immortal

Sorry if mentioned before, but this hasn't been fixed for a while so I thought I'd mention it: Workers get de-grouped when threatened by a nearby enemy unit. They also can't be set to sleep (i.e. fortified) in a city that is under siege (they will wake the next turn, again, de-grouped). Kind of annoying at times.

15. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

adopting Esus still kills ALL disciple units.

16. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

wasn't the Nox Noctis supposed to allow you to see what goes on in cities with Esus in them? that doesn't seem to work right now.

also, I founded Esus, built the Nox Noctis and I can't see which foreign cities have Esus. I have to check in WB when I don't remember where I spread it already, which is pretty annoying :lol:

17. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

is it intended that cult of esus enforcers are not able to see hidden animals? they also used to be invisible, but I guess that was removed for balance..

18. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

the "Unit Upgrades" category in the civilopedia doesn't work, this python exception appears:

19. scutarii

scutarii King

I dunno, is there a connection or not, but after this error my game crashed fatally:

Attached Files:

20. graywarden

graywarden King

Testing as Bannor and my first religion was ROK, I have Bambur. I also have Donld Lugh
    I ended up founding Emperian and Esus both
    My magic nodes are one nature and one enchantment
    and when I accepted the Cult of Esus, it disabled my enchantment spells and I can not train any more clerics.

wow I wasnt expecting all that.... haha..
    i have just crippled myself for one night watchmen

good thing I have two of the three stooges left to bash spies with.