Petition to rename IOT or merge it with NES

What to do with NES and IOT

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuka-sama

See ya! It has been a fun decade!
The Nesing exile unit is gone for the most part, IOT has a bunch of NESers. People who opposed the merger left anyway. Can we merge the Forums, or at least rename it? As a NESer who has been part of the change of IOT, I'd like to see "NES" somewhere in the title. Thank you :)

Votes will be counted as the following:

A vote to rename the forum will count solely as a vote to rename the Forum

A vote to merge the forum will count to both merge and rename the Forum

A vote for "Status Quo" will be a vote against both merging or renaming the Forum.

For the Rename to happen: Votes to rename+votes to merge>Votes for Status Quo

For the Merge to happen: Votes to merge>Votes to rename+Votes for Status Quo

---------

The poll will close in 10 days.

I voted option 2. There seems to be a consensus amongst IOTers and NESers who use CFC regularly that it is a good idea.

Get it over with, merge it!

EDIT: Nope.

NESIOTETC

but no how about just Mostly Strategy Games

But what's the other part that isn't covered by "mostly"? :confused:

How about
Really Awesome Games played by Cool People
?

I still stand by "Armchair Emperors".

(Hint: it abbreviates to ACE)

How about
Really Awesome Games played by Cool People
?
That applies to more than just the NES/IOT folks. Aren't the Civ players cool people? What about the chess players, the Scrabble players, the rest of the 'other games' gamers, and while Iron Pen isn't a game, it's certainly a competition, and these competitors are cool people as well.

Well, since I doubt there'll be any new NESes any time soon, I'd say that we should just make NES a subforum of IOT for archival purposes, so that on-going games can be still called IOTs and we won't have to make up some dumb name.

We should archive both forums, as well as Forum Games, and create a new forum where all 3 can take place.

IOT and Mafia used to be in forum games.

But what's the other part that isn't covered by "mostly"? :confused:

Sometimes there are games that aren't actually strategy games. Arya has a series where people play as TV producers and network executives, for example, and producers have to sell shows while execs have to make a profitable programming schedule. That's just one example off the top of my head.

i'm personally a fan of "Armchair Empires/rors" it also allows names to continue to be called IOTs or NESs IMO we don't have to rename the game to be ACE :p

Forum names should be descriptive, though, to give new people some idea of what they're about.

"ACE" doesn't really give any clues at all, other than maybe card games, and that's not at all what these are about.

Neither does IOT or NES. What does IOT or NES mean to an outsider? Does it mean more than ACE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom