Pharaoh

mice

Moose
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=6024163&postcount=217All the saves as they occur;
Start location
3120 BC
1280 BC
First city
Second City
Third city
Wen Amon's war on France
Hakizamanabag II's war years and Save
Pawelo's conquest of India
Slobahotep's war on France
Cabldawg's war on Gilgamesh
Hakizamanibag's war on Russia
Second war on Russia,General Pawelo
Ramicesses war on Sumeria
Hakizamanibag"s Final war

Here's a concept that might work, it might not.
Spoiler :
It could go on the Strategy and tips forum as an RP challenge, as the save is not necessarily passed on as in an SG , as you'll see. However the players on this thread are open minded so here goes.

Pharaoh is the manifestation of the divine on earth, but he has to depend on governors in the far away cities of the empire. In this thread governors rule.

The idea ; I found a capital, and there after make decisions on only this city's builds and tile placement.

The "roster" is a collection of players, I think three to start , who become governors of their cites.

Governor 1 tells me exactly where to place his/her city. After that that governor tells me what to build and what tiles to work.

Governor 2 gets to place and run city 2

Governor 3 etc etc

The save doesnt get passed on ( not for a while anyway)

As Pharaoh I make decisions on; Civics, Resource trades, Slider.

One of the governors can be voted War Advisor. This player takes over the empire in the event of war.

One governor can also be Diplomacy advisor. I will follow the advice of the Diplo advisor to the letter.

A governor should place his/her orders for me to follow eg;
Builds; granary then barracks then axeman.
Tiles ; work the specials, then farm the grassland. Mine the plains hill first.
Request; an archer from the capital for immediate for defense

As Pharaoh I will post saves about every 20 turns ( Normal speed). You can go into the save and make your decisions , but only the Pharaoh can post a save.

As we expand by settling, a governor can be given another city. If the governor makes a settler then the new city will ( almost certainly) be bequeathed to that governor. The governor will then control a province, which could get quite big.
If we conquer land the cities will be gifted to governors at the Pharaoh's discretion. (possibly based on the military contribution)

I can change the borders and make up of provinces at will but will generally be fair .

I will post screenshots of the empire showing the provinces and who controls them.

In short, no fixed laws. As Pharaoh I will keep the governors guessing.

Governor could even decide to backstab the empire and gift his cities to the AI. In this event the extended family of the governor would be murdered and the governor would be very very unlikely to be gifted another city.

Shared tile disputes could be a laugh. We are not necessarily friends in this game.

As people don't have to play and report, just give orders , the turns can get done pretty quickly. I can't play on until all governors have given their orders, so I'm thinking of a time limit, 3 days to give orders, then I play on making my own choices if the governor is otherwise occupied.

Sound fun ? The AI is Prince so we can afford to stuff up a bit. Actually I would like us to stuff up a bit for RP fun. I'd rather have a fun RP game than play a hard serious game.

Victory. Domination would mean big provinces for the governors. Possibly take on more governors as we go. Space, could be boring for the governors because they just give build orders. Same for Culture. Not sure about that. We will see.

National wonders. You may have to plead with the Pharaoh. We may vote on it.

It may transpire that the Pharaoh dynasty is passed onto a 2 year old. in this case I would pass Pharaoh-ship on to another governor if it seems like a good idea.

Outside commentators ( lurkers) will be listened to and their ideas pondered.

Let the variant lawyering begin. ( KMad for diplomacy advisor !! )

As well as the victory we can see which governor has the best province as the game goes along.

I have chosen Rameses.

-Spiritual means civic changes to accommodate governors tile placements.
-War chariots could mean powerful provinces for the early govenors
-Industrious to help governors that want to build wonders - remember, it's YOUR choice what to build.

List of governors

Pharoah - Rammicees
Governor 1 Sloberhotep
Governor 2 Cabledawg
Governor 3 Metahu
Governor 4 Wen Amon

Throne room

pawelo
Hakizamanabag II.

Prince
BTS
Normal speed
Standard Continents
No Vassals

Attachments

• Pharoah BC-4000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    36.5 KB · Views: 397
Sounds cool! Count me in!

Under my govern, my province will have its golden age in the cultural aspects, such as wonders, philosophy, and of course, GOLD, the food of Gods!

You shall refer to me as Metahu, my Holy name!

< looking forward to roleplaying it and having fun, a lot of fun! >

Welcome to the Dynasty Cabledawg and Metahu. You have to fight over my other daughters. Twins , they both look like Gilgamesh.

So we have three governors and a Pharaoh.

I'll play the first 20 or 30 turns so that you can see the terrain.

I'll try to build settlers soon.

First city goes to Slobahotep , next to Cabledawg , next to Metahu.

I'll try to get you guys into the game asap. Till then just add advice.

Save and screenshots coming soon.

Any advice on the start?

Welcome to the Dynasty Cabledawg and Metahu. You have to fight over my other daughters. Twins , they both look like Gilgamesh.

So we have three governors and a Pharaoh.

I'll play the first 20 or 30 turns so that you can see the terrain.

I'll try to build settlers soon.

First city goes to Slobahotep , next to Cabledawg , next to Metahu.

I'll try to get you guys into the game asap. Till then just add advice.

Save and screenshots coming soon.

Any advice on the start?

Yes, settle in place. Doesn't matter how bad it looks. If it looks bad, then there is hidden resources on it! :p

And don't forget the religion! It is very important to please our Gods, or they might throw an earthquake or two on us!

And besides, religion is culture! :drool:

LONG LIVE THE PHARAOH!! :bowdown:

Are you to be a Pharaoh-God by the way? ;)

lurker comment:

Why not arid climate? Whoever heard of Egypt in the middle of a forest? I have a feeling the Pharaoh will insist that his governors build him a nice wooden pyramid so that he has some place to go when he is OOP.

Let's hope the Pharaoh emulates GreyFox, that should be fun to watch. :egypt: :gripe: :egypt:

lurker comment:

Why not arid climate? Whoever heard of Egypt in the middle of a forest? I have a feeling the Pharaoh will insist that his governors build him a nice wooden pyramid so that he has some place to go when he is OOP.

Let's hope the Pharaoh emulates GreyFox, that should be fun to watch. :egypt: :gripe: :egypt:

I do agree on the arid climate! And starting beside a river with floodplains would be cool too! :)

Maybe regenerate map until we are beside a river in a desert? :)

Not really necessary hehe, but fun!

Hmm, I wonder what that means. Greyfox is famous for.... Can you link me to some of his eccentricity?

Welcome rolo_1 . It may be a while before you get granted a city, but you'll certainly get some Pharaoh favor at some stage.

Arid eh ..... . No . First Pharaoh law . Map stands. and the reason will be clear very soon.

Hmm, I wonder what that means. Greyfox is famous for.... Can you link me to some of his eccentricity?

Welcome rolo_1 . It may be a while before you get granted a city, but you'll certainly get some Pharaoh favor at some stage.

Arid eh ..... . No . First Pharaoh law . Map stands. and the reason will be clear very soon.

OK, let's wait and see! :)

AFAIK Grey Fox is a, hum, creative SGer around here hehe.

^^You should play a SG with him :marx: It gives a whole new meaning to the :gripe: smiley..... Just a example:

What exactly is RB29 trick ... do I have to use the toes of my left foot to squeeze my noseswhile simultaneously clicking on the "Do Great Work" icon?

To Pharaoh Mice I : I humbly acept any favour that the Son of Ra gives me ( I hope that is sooner than later... ). Maybe a place in the Counselmans table?

Eygptians know how to fish. we dont need to live off the desert. Actually we didn't know how to fish, but that was soon fixed. Fishing in
Workboat started.

Our warrior scoures the ... harsh landscape , and finds a scout.

Good luck. we can reveal all the land available for the governors to fight over.

Scout finds .... Stone .

This was the second attempt. The first start had no tech brokering, and then I realized that that would make things too simple for the diplomacy advisor, who will be handling tech trades. So I started another game and this is it. Good luck. That's why I like this map.

After fishing

Dilemma , To whip out settlers for my governors. or build the 'mids. Advice and requests/demands will be heard.

Then the neighbors

Oh Dear.

Then we meet

and finally

Here is the lay of the land.

and these are the lands for settling.

We are at 3210 BC.

Governor Slobahotep start eyeing up your city. There's gold out there.

Metahu, if you like gold you may have to wait till we take some off Napoleon. He always gets gold.

Attachments

• Pharoah BC-3120.CivBeyondSwordSave
    56 KB · Views: 332
Pharaoh desires a monument in which to be immortalized.

But the Govs will get their settlers even if we have to :whipped:

r_rolo. You'll certainly be in the throne room. I don't have any more daughters.... yet.

We must use all our Egyptian skills of Immortality to survive the hot < inserts the word "temper" here > neighbor, and the other backstabber! We may even need to use the secret art of resurrection on some of our soldiers to survive it! But the Gods willing, the cultural mighty of the Egyptians may survive this world!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
The God's chosen!

Metahu is sleeping in his chamber, only accompanied of his nightmares about the neighbors of the Holy Egyptian Empire. Well, maybe not only nightmares, but ah, well.

All of sudden a voice, low, and yet strong, normal, and yet mighty, talks to him; "Metahu, you shall wake up now to hear the call of your Gods!"

Matahu wakes up in panic and yelling; "NOO NAPOLEON, YOU MAY NOT HAVE HER, SHE IS MINE, MINEEEEEE!!"
Then, sweating, he looks around and note a robed figure in his right side, and even though he couldn't see under his hood, he knew that its eyes were on him, his knowing eyes. He also couldn't understand what was wrong with this figure. It looked human, and yet...

"It is time Metahu. Time to lead your people to a cultural revolution! You shall, from now on, be known as Metahu Thah, Metahu the God's chosen! Do you accept this responsibility, Metahu?
< silence >
Finally, still very confused, Metahu, the future Metahu Thah, says: "Ye- yes my God."

"You pleases me so Metahu Thah. First, I require gold, stone, and a monument. No, not any normal monument! It shall be a wonder, of the world, in which from thousands of years to come, people shall still know about. But it shall be built in the capital of Egypt, which you don't control, yet. But your time shall come Metahu, your time shall come. Chosen of the Gods, I shall be back!

And with that, the hooded figure simply vanished. It didn't run, it didn't hide, nor did it dissolve. It just vanished and left Metahu in bed, thinking about his future the whole night.

----------------------------------------------

I want to build a wonder in the capital, a stone wonder! We gotta stone, it can't be hard! :D
And we need to build a city in the gold ASAP!

Governor pawa-ra reporting to the almighty holliness :bowdown: :egypt:

Will carry over any task your greatness will provide it with :worship:

Would like to marry your Boudica-like brother-in-law's daughter to cement it :love:

The God's chosen!
That's odd, I'm actually God and I don't remember that conversation.

I must have been out of body at the time.

But Metahu Thah, Metahu the God's chosen! There will be a monument.

But it shall be built in the capital of Egypt, which you don't control, yet. But your time shall come Metahu, your time shall come. Chosen of the Gods, I shall be back!

Scribes, make a note of this. They say keep your friends close, and your son-in-laws closer.

Pawelo, your in. Throne room advice at the moment, but governor positions are coming up all the time. You know, son-in-laws have chariot accidents sometimes.

Top Bottom