Pick the Civ5 Leaders (There's a Catch)

You mean the Netherlands. Holland is only one part of the Netherlands.

Lots of you say Jefferson for a us leader, i think not. As a president he didnt do anything. He is more of a speech wrighter. .......

On the contrary, I think Jefferson is strategic leader. The States' big country mainly dued to him.

India - Rajaraja Chola Dravidian Emperor; the Shiva bronze for Hinduism was created by his kingdom, the Cholas controlled a vast empire across India and South East Asia and the cultural achievements during his period is world renowned. Dravidian culture is mostly known as Indian culture, but the Dravidians were never represented by their great kings. Please Firaxis, do something about this. It's barbaric to give the credit of their achievements to Europeans. WE WANT A DRAVIDA KING.

France: Clovis, Vercingetorix, Francis 1st
Spain: Charles Quint
Vikings: Erik
Russia: Ivan - Rasputin - Nicolas
Egypt: Akhenaton -
Arabia: Al Mansur - Al Malik
Inca: Atahualpa - Viracocha
Polynesian: Kamehameha
Papuan: Rajapapua
Tupi: Cunhambebe
Arawak: Agueybana
Inuits: Angakuq
Haida: Koyah
Maori:Hone Heke
Moche: Sipan
Kongo:Nzinga
Belgium: Leopold

:mad::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: wtf i get INCA but wtf is it with kong,tupi,mapuche,papuan, or inuit......those ar just a bunch of ugly useless natives

Moderator Action: Please keep the discussion civilized
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

India: Chandragupta II of Gupta (Akbar would be really good too, but I prefer a non-Muslim for India)

And thus we come to the heart of the problem with making India just one civ. The Tigris Euphrates area is always treated as multiple civs. Imagine how we'd feel if the Vikings, Germans, Dutch, English, and Austrians all got lumped into one "Germanic" civilization.

French: (St.) Louis IX, or possibly Henri of Navarre
Germans: Adolf H*^@%$

A French civ led by Henri of Navarre would be a very different France. Good call! On the other hand if I was German you'd be on my "list" and I don't mean "Christmas Card List."
Moderator Action: Please do not attack other users
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Americans: Jefferson

Ugh. Imagine a US with agricultural and philosophical traits. What would even be the point in being American any more?

That really depends on what you consider the point of being American is.

America- Theodore Roosevelt
Arabia- Harun al-Rashid
Aztecs- Itzcoatl
China- Kangxi
Egypt- Khufu
England- Alfred the Great
France- Philippe Auguste
Germany- Frederick Barbarossa
Greece- Solon
Incas- Manco Capac
India- Chandragupta II
Japan- Meiji
Mali- Sundiata
Mongolia- Ogedei Khan
Persia- Abbas
Rome- Marcus Aurelius
Russia- Ivan IV
Spain- El Cid

What about some Lawerance of Arabia, i mean he was a military leader and he was very instrumental in the independence of many arab states

Turkish Empire: Mustafa Kamal Attaturk.
Mongolian Empire: Timur the Lame.
Polish Empire: Józef Piłsudski

:mad::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: wtf i get INCA but wtf is it with kong,tupi,mapuche,papuan, or inuit......those ar just a bunch of ugly useless natives

Moderator Action: Please keep the discussion civilized

I just discover this answer to my post ...:confused:

I don't make a difference between "civilization" and "natives". What you called "natives" are just civilizations that are less advanced on the tech tree (they don't have discover Gunpowder or metal casting, for example).

I'm pleased to have (and to fight) civilizations like aztec, inca, sioux or maya because I think that "age of discovery " with exploration and colonization of a "new world" is the funniest part of the game. That's why I think there are not enough "natives" in the game. I want more!

And some of them would filled some "always empty" areas on the world map:
tupi in amazonia, inuits on polar area, polynesian for the pacific area...

Apart from the various ancient greek states rulers, like Leonidas, Pyrrhos, Kassandros, Seleucos, Ptolemy etc there could be an industrial one, Eleutherios Venizelos. Associated with Greece doubling its size for a while tripling it.

Greece : Leonidas or Solon.
Byzantine Empire : Herakleios.
Cuba : Fidel Castro.
Germany : Adolfo Hitler.
Israel : Theodor Herzl.
Russia : Lenin.

I would also want to see some great peoples to have a bigger role and part in the game. Maybe one for each empire.
For example figures like Sokrates, Aristotle, Homer, Galileo Galilei, Einstein, Voltaire, Marx, che Quevara, Marco Polo and many more where also so important in human history as some leaders.

Anyway i cant whait any longer...bring out civ5..!!!

USA- Eisenhower, Ben Franklin and Obama
Scotland- William Wallace and Robert the Bruce
Denmark- Hans Christian Anderson
Cuba- Fidel Castro
Sweeden- Karl XII
The Hunns- Atilla
England- Edward Long shanks and Henry VIII
Cherokee- Ostenaco
Byzantium- Basil II
Celitia- Brian Boru
Canada- Trudeau
Poland- Sobieski
Rome- Nero
Russia- Nicholas The Conqueror
China- Han
Egypt- Khufu and Menes
France- Charles II and Rudolph
Germany- Adolf Hitler

in the expantion:
Romainia- Vlad the impaler
Israel- Herzl
Greece- Leonidas of sparta
Japan- Sujin
Italy- Mussalini

USA- Eisenhower, Ben Franklin and Obama
Scotland- William Wallace and Robert the Bruce
Denmark- Hans Christian Anderson
Cuba- Fidel Castro
Sweeden- Karl XII
The Hunns- Atilla
England- Edward Long shanks and Henry VIII
Cherokee- Ostenaco
Byzantium- Basil II
Celitia- Brian Boru
Canada- Trudeau
Poland- Sobieski
Rome- Nero
Russia- Nicholas The Conqueror
China- Han
Egypt- Khufu and Menes
France- Charles II and Rudolph
Germany- Adolf Hitler

in the expantion:
Romainia- Vlad the impaler
Israel- Herzl
Greece- Leonidas of sparta
Japan- Sujin
Italy- Mussalini

YES i absolutely think we need to see Hitler in this game! I'm sure the Civ-makers have been afraid of making him because he was a nazi and blah blah blah, but come on - Stalin and Mao weren't much better - so make him!

Top Bottom