Platy's Peculiar Pleasant Posh Python

Isn't there a vertical one working already? :D

Mastery Victory
Fixed City Names with weird chars.
Figured out why, cannot save the City Name and reuse elsewhere.

Thank you very much, now it works with Orléans (João displays fine as well)!

Since you mention it, I never had a problem with Portuguese cities in BtS except for Braga and Braganza which seem to confuse the game (Domestic Advisor) with their same beginning letters.

@ Xyth: thanks, I use these codes all the time.

Hey Platy, would you by any chance be considering a Python version of the "city growth alert" feature from one of those big DLL mods (BUG, IRC)? Because that would just add more icing of awesome atop this great cake of awesome :D

What is the purpose of it...

Those messages to inform you XXX city is growing next turn, or culture expanding next turn, I don't really see any benefit.

1) Added Dummy entries to empty spaces in No State Religion to avoid python error when pressing them.

2) Added Buttons to None or Unknown for Holy Cities just to align the text.

Havent figured out why pressing on these empty spaces lead to python errors in these 2 screens, so currently they rely on dummy widgets to avoid them.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 332
I've been using your Religion advisor screen to teach myself tables and have adapted it for History Rewritten. Table format works really well for the city info panel(s) too in my opinion (I allow the first two columns to scale to fit their contents). Thinking of using that empty space below the religion table for shrine information or something. What do you think?

Also, how do you make table columns sortable?

Attachments

• Religion Advisor.jpg
    Religion Advisor.jpg
    337 KB · Views: 782
Just copy from Domestic Advisor
screen.enableSort( "CityListBackground" )
Of course, replace with your table name.

Well frankly speaking, I never found the date founded information important.
You might as well just replace it with the shrine.

P.S.
If the city info is done in table form, you may have a problem when the string is too long, such as no state religion with many religions in the city.
The string will be truncated.

Faith

Features:
1) Every Religious Building (Temples, Monasteries, Cathedrals) of your State Religion generates 1 Faith Point
2) Every Religious Wonder of your State Religion (Shrines) generates 5 Faith Points
3) When Faith Point reaches a Faith Threshold, gains a new Faith Benefit

Faith Benefits:
+1 Happiness, Health, Yield or Commerce to Cathedral of that Religion in All Cities.
This applies to all of them, whether built or to be built, or current cities or new cities.

Religious Buildings of State Religion generate Faith Points

Gains a benefit upon new Faith Level

Faith Points reset but Faith Threshold remains when State Religion changes.

Notes
1) It is designed this way because I wanted Faith Points generated to only benefit things of that religion, and not all religions, so the only way is to add benefits to certain buildings of that religion. Cathedrals are the obvious choices, since there is only one shrine, and temples/monasteries are too common.

2) List of Buildings, Wonders are hard-coded so add additional ones into the Faith File yourself.

3) Faith points per Building/Wonder and Threshold are customisable, all in the Faith File.

4) Uses Player Script Data. Good luck merging with other mods using that script.

Faith Updates
1) Fix wrong event definitions for all religions except Buddhism
2) Changed bar color to light grey

Golden Faith

I know it is gonna be a headache merging Happy Golden Age and Faith due to both using the same script data, so there you go.
Charity once in a blue moon.

For simplicity sake:
1) All 3 bars inactive during Anarchy
2) Faith Bar inactive during no state religion
3) Golden Age Bar now continues growing even during Golden Age
4) Shorter bar lengths compared to standalones

Added as a separate folder in Faith download

GREAT :D

I have another idea if you want.

BAr similar to GP points but ads +1 point per each combat unit build. When threshold is reached you can choose free promotion for each new builded unit (of one combat class).

Example if i build a lot of archery units and only few melee than for ex i have 90% chance to get free promotion for archery and 10% to melee (after reaching threshold of course). This free promotion can be provided by special pseudo bulding

I want his to similate some kind of civ specialization. It is obvious that enginers learn how to build better weapons thanks to their expirience.

Training Center

Features
Units gained extra XP based on number of same type built.
1 XP per 10 built.

1st 10 Archers built will gain no bonus
11th to 20th Archers built will gain 1 extra XP
21st to 30th Archers built will gain 2 extra XP

Notes
Set the ratio yourself.
Based on same unit TYPE, not unit COMBAT TYPE.
Thus, building alot of archers will only generate XP for future archers but not crossbowmen.

P.S.
I should probably start a donation box, $1 per request :D

@platy

You are fast as lighting bolt :D

Thank You and please start your donation box :)

You can check whatever you like, but there is nothing via python to change the art

I've been using your Religion advisor screen to teach myself tables and have adapted it for History Rewritten. Table format works really well for the city info panel(s) too in my opinion (I allow the first two columns to scale to fit their contents). Thinking of using that empty space below the religion table for shrine information or something. What do you think?

Also, how do you make table columns sortable?

Xyth, please start a SVN, is better for follow your changes and learn with you too.

Top Bottom