[POLL] More Wonders for VP

What exclusive Enlightenment Era World Wonders you would like to see added in this mod (max. 3)

• Wat Pho (Thailand) (around1688) tied to Economics

• Buckingam Palace (England) (1703) tied to Navigation

• Paro Taktsang (Bhutan) (1692) tied to EE-Flintlock

• Bell Rock Lighthouse (Scotland) (1810) tied to EE-Wargames

• Yellowstone National Park (USA) (1872) tied to EE-Wargames

• Arc de Triomphe (France) (around 1830) tied to EE-Wargames

• Bastille (France) (from XIV to late XVIII) (but as a prison) tied to EE-Fortifications

• Taman Sari (Indonesia) (1765) tied to EE-Fortifications

• Stone Town (Tanzania) (1830-1840) tied to EE-Fortifications

• Bolshoi Theater (Russia) (1776/1825/1856) tied to EE-Romanticism

• other (suggest in the thread, please)

• Canal du Midi (France) (1681) tied to Navigation

• Fontanna di Trevi (Italy) (1776) tied to Economics

• Modlin Fortress (Poland) (1806) tied to EE-Fortifications

Results are only viewable after voting.
Looks like something has changed about mercantile CS. I have 2 MCS as allies by the end of Ancient (having killed barb camp - one for both, gifted slinger and made a TR for quests). They both gave me a caravan next turn after allying. I have 2 caravans and I haven't discovered a Trade yet. Seems like probability to get a trade unit is too high, also may be we shall consider a TR limit? (because I have limit 0, and I don't know how many caravans I'm going to get.
Reporting to the wrong thread, but whatever

I am not sure am I updating it right, but with v0.17.1,
the terrain requirements of most (maybe all, I didn't check) wonders are all gone,
that everyone can build every wonder where ever they please.

edited: example attached
I cannot reproduce. Everything is ok on my side. Can you post logs? Maybe some mod conflict?

Anyone having similar problems?

I cannot reproduce. Everything is ok on my side. Can you post logs? Maybe some mod conflict?

Anyone having similar problems?
Thanks for the reply, while I don't know which files in the log folder I should upload, it seems disabling N.Core's latest updated Bare Necessities fixed the problem.

attaching my modlist anyway.

Attachments

• modlist.jpg
    modlist.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 65
Thanks for the reply, while I don't know which files in the log folder I should upload, it seems disabling N.Core's latest updated Bare Necessities fixed the problem.

attaching my modlist anyway.

Ahh, Bare Necessities has 4 Neolithic Wonders which I partially incorporated into MW (Skara Brae and Ggantija). Civ 5 doesn't like duplicates.

Next time prepare database.log and lua.log files. Instruction how to enable them are on the web.

Ahh, Bare Necessities has 4 Neolithic Wonders which I partially incorporated into MW (Skara Brae and Ggantija).
No, I moved it to CBPMC mod. Neolithic Wonders are not there anymore.

Hmm... I wonder what caused it. Can you send me the entire log folder?

1669821382911.png

I tried it with Bare Necessities enabled, it's fine on my end, used IGE to research all techs from Ancient to Medieval.
I don't know what caused that bug.

Last edited:
I... am sorry, but after updated VP to 3.0.4, and reinstalled every mod in the mod list provided in my last post, I can not reproduce the bug.

Read the op.

I think the boost provided to production cost by old Wonders by 20%, while in base by 5% is just too much, I think by 10% will be OK, it still twice more. By EE especially if you conquer some Wonders from AI (those you didn't want in particular) production costs skyrocket. I like to play on large maps with 12-14 AI, and still costs of Wonders with money investment and use of GE 20+ turns in my capital.

I think the boost provided to production cost by old Wonders by 20%, while in base by 5% is just too much, I think by 10% will be OK, it still twice more. By EE especially if you conquer some Wonders from AI (those you didn't want in particular) production costs skyrocket. I like to play on large maps with 12-14 AI, and still costs of Wonders with money investment and use of GE 20+ turns in my capital.
To be honest before VP 3.0, costs for MW WWs were even higher because last stage was at level 30 afair.

That's the point of that. Easy WWs by conquering means high cost rise, so you must wait for the next era for them to drop. It's quite unfair that players could get WWs easily just by grabbing cities instead of building them on their own and yet still be able to build another ones. Now it should be slightly nerfed. Now either conquer or build your own. The advantage gained from conquered ones is often a huge boost. It's also hard decision, because you could just simply spam WWs instead of building base buildings, but now it's not so obvious.

Another nerf is because not all WWs are in the capital. In base VP when you conquered a capital of a nation that built tons of WWs in it - that was almost insta-win.

Cost rise also means you must plan their construction more carefully. You cannot spam them.

This also means you are simply not able to build all of them in one game. And with such an inmense number of available WWs, and with lighter requirements that were demanded by the community, this had to be done to avoid the yield inflation.

BTW, do you play on Hard reqs? How do they perform? Did you compare them with light version maybe? Can you post some screenshots?

Of course I can think of changing those values, but I'm curious how many WWs you have comparing to other civs? Remember that all civs have same problems. Also this means weaker civs have a chance of building something.

Last edited:
I always play with hard reqs because I think they interesting to play with, you have to plan some of settling spots. Especially as I like Terracota you have to choose nice productive spot with no water, at least with 2 hills (I play with only Domination victory, because I don't like short games, and I usually have most votes in WC and very high tourism so before my games were over too quick).
And I didn't play with light, so can't really compare them.
I mean that sometimes I have no choice but conquer some cities, because AI can be very annoying, aggressive or city has some Natural Wonder, strat resources or location and it just happen that those cities have some Wonders.
For example in current game as China - it's overpowered civ right now, because of it's new UI and I got very lucky with start location - lots of flat land without many hills or features I have built 20 wonders, and leading AI's have 8-10 Wonders. I took cities that had Pyramids, Macchu Picchu, Borobudur, Medicine Wheel, Skara Brae, Plain of Jars. I have conquered all Greece, but the city Argos, which has 4 Wonders, because Alexander declared war twice and was very aggressive with taking over my CS allies.

But what I mean is that before 3.0 Wonders more then 2 eras before didn't count at all and now they are counted forever with +20% increase in production costs. And that is a lot, before, I could plan that when I enter new era production cost will go down and now seems they don't go down at all.

Attachments

• 8930_20221207170636_1.png
    8930_20221207170636_1.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 32
  • 8930_20221207173006_1.png
    8930_20221207173006_1.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 32
  • 8930_20221207170626_1.png
    8930_20221207170626_1.png
    3 MB · Views: 43
I do plan to take Argos, because Alexander votes against me in WC, still take my CS as allies, but I think these 4 Wonders will make my building new Wonders almost impossible.

I already lowered Production cost increase from old Wonders (more than 2 eras earlier) to 10%. This my city (one among the best after capital) were I build Wonder for 9 turns and I have still 39 to go.
I work all available engineers.

Attachments

• 8930_20221207174807_1.png
    8930_20221207174807_1.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 46
I think we should change theming artifacts for Golden Dragon Pagoda. It has been more than 2 eras as I've built it, but still half an era to archaeology. I think it 'd be good to switch to GWoA.

I think we should change theming artifacts for Golden Dragon Pagoda. It has been more than 2 eras as I've built it, but still half an era to archaeology. I think it 'd be good to switch to GWoA.
Consider it as a long-term investment. Tell me how it performs when filled, because I did a buff recently but got no feedback on that.

Top Bottom