[GS] (POLL) What will be the FOURTH first look?

What do you think the fourth first look will be?

• Sweden

Votes: 69 29.5%
  • Carthage/Phoenicia

Votes: 49 20.9%
  • The Inca

Votes: 68 29.1%
  • The Ottomans

Votes: 12 5.1%
  • Mali

Votes: 20 8.5%
  • Eleanor of Aquitane for France/England

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • Something else

Votes: 5 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the Inca. Llama on the shelf, as well as Mountains being dusdiscus next week per stream.
I was already inclined toward Inca before the mention of mountains next week, but now I'm quite certain.

Tunnels point more to Sweden than the Inca, IMO. In fact, if the Inca have unique mountain abilities (which they will), I would be surprised if they talked about them the same week as tunnels to avoid confusing people over what mountain things are Inca-specific, and what are for everyone.

I'm thoroughly convinced it's going to be Sweden:
  • Next one should be a returning civ, which Sweden is.
  • There hasn't been a female leader revealed yet. Check to Christina.
  • Said female leader's birthday is next Tuesday, the very day they'll release the next First Look.
  • They mentioned they'd be talking more about mountain tunnels. Mountain tunnels are made largely by use of dynamite. The inventor of dynamite, Alfred Nobel, was Swedish.
  • They also mentioned an upcoming civ that interacts with the international competitions... Nobel Prize, anyone?
The mountains could indicate the Inca, but they were specifically referring to the mountain tunnel improvements. The llama on the shelf is likely a nod to the Inca, but there's no reason to expect they're specifically next.

@ferretbacon Your arguments are convincing, but I will cling to the Inca until proven otherwise. :p

Good ol' Inca. Nothing beats Inca.

Also the llama in the background of the stream today was NOT spun at the end of it.

You guys are so gonna be disappointed....:p

Yeah that stuffed llama is making me think Inca. You could argue they’d show Sweden because Kristina’s birthday is next week but we have no guarantee that anyone on the marketing team is even aware of that.

I already said in an earlier vote I'd keep voting the Inca until they are up and I'll stay with that, but the Llama and mentioning of mountains convinced me it could really be them this time.
Of course the Llama could be a red herring and we still get Sweden (tunnels) or Phoenicia (crossing the Alps) as they could have some mountain thematics too.

Well based off of the livestream I'm going to vote Sweden.
Because next week they want to show off a Civ who gets bonuses for international competitions.
They are also going to show off mountain tunnels which is no relation to Sweden whatsoever.
They are trolling us with the llama.
It is Kristina's birthday next week.
I want to get one right.

If we are indeed getting Phoenicia instead of Carthage this time, I really hope they don't have some sort of hokey mountain walking ability. It was a bit silly for Carthage, but would be ridiculous for Phoenicia. And if anyone should be able to walk on mountains, it's the Inca.

Because next week they want to show off a Civ who gets bonuses for international competitions.
They didn't say next week; they said later on. We know Sweden will come at some point.

Well based off of the livestream I'm going to vote Sweden.
They are also going to show off mountain tunnels which is no relation to Sweden whatsoever.
They are trolling us with the llama.
It is Kristina's birthday next week.
I want to get one right.

Winning international competitions is very Nobel Prize-y, but as Zaarin said, that's later on not next week.

If we are indeed getting Phoenicia instead of Carthage this time, I really hope they don't have some sort of hokey mountain walking ability. It was a bit silly for Carthage, but would be ridiculous for Phoenicia. And if anyone should be able to walk on mountains, it's the Inca.
Considering we will be both Hannibal and war elephant free I doubt it.
They didn't say next week; they said later on. We know Sweden will come at some point.
I guess I just imagined it.

To be fair, saying "later on" doesn't exclude next week.
Agreed, but knowing that at an indeterminate point in the future "a civilization with bonuses to international competitions" (almost certainly Sweden) will be talked about isn't a specific argument that Sweden will be next week. (I'm not saying it won't be--your arguments earlier, as I said, are convincing--but I think the Inca still stand a chance also. They could easily load a later save to show off mountain tunnels.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom