1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] Poll: which are the last 4 R&F civs?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by WillowBrook, Jan 3, 2018.

Tags:
?

Which are the last four expansion civs to be revealed?

Poll closed Jan 5, 2018.
  1. Ottoman Turks

76.3%
  2. Mali/Ghana/Songhai

47.1%
  3. Kilwa/Swahili

5.0%
  4. Zulu

17.9%
  5. Carthage

22.5%
  6. Inca

83.8%
  7. Georgia

35.4%
  8. Italy

21.7%
  9. Byzantine Empire

12.5%
  10. Maya

8.8%
  11. Portugal

6.3%
  12. Celts (in some form)

6.7%
  13. Phoenicians

5.0%
  14. Other South America

1.7%
  15. Other Central America/Caribbean

0.8%
  16. Other North America

5.0%
  17. Other Africa

11.3%
  18. Other Middle East

4.6%
  19. Other Europe

9.6%
  20. Central Asian

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  21. Southeast Asian

1.3%
  22. Oceanian

4.6%
  23. Other

0.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CPWimmer

CPWimmer Chieftain

My votes:
    1. Ottoman
    2. Incan
    3. Carthage - if I were forced to choose one specific African Civ, I would go Carthage over Mali/Ethiopia/Zulu etc. due to era coverage (and chance that Dido is the "female leader who interacts with the Ages system"
    4. "Other European" - even though I made a choice for #3, i still voted with the generic "other" for number 4. I could see Italy or Gerogia or Celts, which are options, easily fill this slot, but I am not sold on any of those.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    agonistes likes this.
  2. Wielki Hegemon

Wielki Hegemon Chieftain

Inca and Ottomans are most likely. One spot for Africa and the last spot can be surprising.
    I really hope to see Cuba, Hungary, Maori, Venice or Morocco. All of them (beside Morocco) with a very low chance.

3. Zaarin

Zaarin My Dearest Doctor

Georgia, Ottomans, Inca, and a fourth civ, probably another surprise since otherwise Georgia is the sole newcomer (sure, the Cree are new, but we all knew there'd be a Native American civ).

Siptah, Ondolindë and Eagle Pursuit like this.
  4. nitedemon

nitedemon Chieftain

Why do we all assume the blurry headband figure is a female leader ? Can’t it be a headdress on say , an Inca male leader?

5. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Huayna Capac is on my list of suspects for that pic.

6. CivLuvah

CivLuvah Warlord

Inca, Ottomans, Italy (because I've been itching to have them in the game)... and for the sake of regional and civilization variety, the Swahili.

Although I would understand why people would want Georgia in the game. It's just that... I hope people would wait just a bit for it to come... :p

But who knows?

7. Returning Lurker

Returning Lurker Chieftain

I really, really, REALLY want it to be the Ottomans. But something deep down inside the darkest part of my shriveled up soul keeps whispering that they’re not going to show up this expansion and that they’re either going to be standalone DLC or that I’ll have to wait until next expansion.

I also want Songhai (or at least Ghana with future DLC adding an alternate leader from both Songhai Mali) but I admit that’s a little more far flung.

I don’t want Italy but I reluctantly accept the fact that they’re probably coming and I’ve mostly made my peace with it. Mostly.

Last I expect and I want Inca. If we get no one to contest Brazil this expansion I’ll be shocked and appalled, and if we see Eva Peron before a Sappa Inca I’ll be furious and shocked and appalled.

nzcamel likes this.
  8. eso12por8

eso12por8 Chieftain

I think Tamar is more fit for DLC to give it a unique spotlight instead of as a part of a packaged deal.

I ultimately chose Ottomans *begrudgingly, though the question wasn't about my personal desires, rather the likelihood of dev favorability. Also went with Carthage (still torn with Phoenecia), Inca & Mali.

CivLuvah likes this.
  9. Zaarin

Zaarin My Dearest Doctor

No need to be torn about Phoenicia: they're not going to happen in a game about big personality leaders. ;)

Olleus, eso12por8, Siptah and 3 others like this.
  10. Xandinho

Xandinho Warlord

I voted in Ottomans, Georgia, Carthage and another African, in the case, I think it may be Ashanti. My reasons:

1. Ottomans (they have been quite demanding, and I think we will have at least one Islamic civ);
    2. Georgia (possible clues in the trailer, and Tamar fits the mechanism of golden ages);
    3. Carthage (I think at least one ancient/classical era civ will be in);
    4. Ashanti (a civ from a region not yet represented, and they have an interesting female leader: Yaa Asantewaa).

I'm one of the few who think that the Incas will not be included in this expansion, I hope that I'm wrong.

Mayas and Portugal will not be in, because Palenque and Lisbon were seen in videos.

11. Aussie_Lurker

Aussie_Lurker Warlord

Portugal is unlikely to be in, as we saw Lisbon as a City State.

12. N7Zebracakes

N7Zebracakes Chieftain

In my mind, Incan are obvious. I put in Mali as well, for the new pink lake wonder. Also put in Zulu, to round things out in Africa- would have Mali, Nubia, Egypt, Kongo, and Zulu all there. I feel adding Morroco to that makes it over-crowded, but Europe is also a cluster****, so who knows.

Fourth- Ottomans seem obvious, Georgia seems like a stretch as they've given us Australia and the Cree as fan shout-outs now. I'd like to see a Polynesian civ, or even Venice.

13. Mr. Shadows

Mr. Shadows Nomad of the time streams Supporter

14. Futumch

Futumch Calm as a Coma

I chose Zulu, Inca, Byzantine and Carthage.
    It probably wouldn't be a stretch to have Ottoman instead of Byzantine, or Phoenecians instead of Carthage.
    The consensus seems to be that the Incas are a shoe-in for one of the last four spots, and some form of African civ (so I chose my favourite). The other two are chosen based on location and era. I don't know if I have seen the Carthage city-state in any of the new promotional material. They might end up being Phonecians.

15. Arianrhod

Arianrhod Chieftain

Ottomans are pretty much a lock and I think everyone's going to be surprised if they're not here. Assuming that both they and the Byzantines return, I don't see them wanting to put both in the same expansion, and Byzantium's pretty much out this time (as are the Hittites) so now's the time to get 'em in. Plus it'll put an end to all those comments demanding them.

Inca ought to be the next most likely, and they should be the most likely but I've got the nagging feeling that there's a nonzero chance that they could miss out. They shouldn't, though. Frankly they should already be here.

That leaves two more. I'd imagine we're getting at least one more newcomer -- which would probably either be from Europe, Africa, or whatever we're calling Georgia. The last is probably some standard expansion civ that hasn't been killed yet like the Celts or Carthage or whatever, probably from whichever of the two regions mentioned previously didn't get a newcomer.

CPWimmer and Zaarin like this.
  16. Greywulf

Greywulf Chieftain

Inca is certainly one of them, being that it was listed as one of the civs for the tablet version.
    Maya apparently cannot be in it due to Palenque being spotted somewhere for R&F, but they could be added later on in a second expansion or DLC.
    Female leaders are a big focus in this expansion, so we will probably see at least a couple more. Probably Phoenicia (or Carthage, a colony of Phoenicia) with Dido, and we may see Boudicca leading the Celts again (hopefully this time she has her long hair). Perhaps we will see Portugal in R&F, but I'm thinking now that Portugal will come a bit later, because Spain and the Netherlands are both in the game, they can wait a little while before adding Portugal ~ might not make sense to everyone, but that's how I'm thinking.
    Ottomans are very likely, and can have a female leader, so maybe them as well.

My prediction goes in this order of likelihood: Inca, Phoenicia (or Carthage, a colony of Phoenicia), Ottomans, Celts. That would mean that probably three of the remaining leaders will be female, and one male.

17. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

Inca is not in the iPad version. It was a typo.

CPWimmer and Ondolindë like this.
  18. TheSpaceCowboy

TheSpaceCowboy "Save a horse..."

I voted Byzantium, Carthage, Italy, and Other South American

More specifically, I suspect:

1. Either Byzantium or the Ottomans
    2. If not Carthage, than a Sub-Saharan tribe
    3. Italy due to the Rise and Fall theme, and the absence of their City-States
    4. Either Gran Columbia or Inca

19. nzcamel

nzcamel Nahtanoj the Magnificent

I suspect that the Ottomans, Mayans, and Portuguese will head up expansion 2. At least two of the three, with maybe the other being DLC.

I voted Phoenicia...but I take your point ;) Meh - same dif in the end :p

But how can we have Hannibal and not elephants? And will they include a third elephant UU?

I voted:

Inca
    Mali/Ghana/Songhai
    Phoenicia
    And 'other Middle East' for Armenia.

Zaarin likes this.
  20. Zaarin

Zaarin My Dearest Doctor

I'd be very surprised if we saw another Graeco-Roman civilization (Byzantium) over the Ottomans, and even more surprised if we saw neither.

As for Armenia, I wouldn't be displeased, but I'd be astonished if we saw them over such an obvious and popular female leader like Tamar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.