[R&F] Poll: which are the last 4 R&F civs?

Which are the last four expansion civs to be revealed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Inca and the Ottomans seem like obvious picks, both probably led by men. As was mentioned, would need to have at least 2 more women leaders to have the men/women ratio be 5:4, which I assume is what the devs are aiming for, what with their message about inclusion and all that (which I wholly support). I suppose 6:3 isn't out of the question, but then their message would ring a little hollow. I don't see a Sub-Saharan kingdom with a prominent woman leader, unfortunately. I also don't see another civ in the Americas with the Maya out of the running and the inclusion of the Cree and probably Inca. Of course, Georgia and Tamar, meme or not, are good, legitimate candidates. As much as I'd like another African civ, I think the clues are stacking up in favor of Italy. A distant 5th would be a North African civ led by a woman (Carthage, Numidia/Berbers).

Inca and Ottomans (men), Georgia and Italy (women).

Inca is certainly one of them, being that it was listed as one of the civs for the tablet version.
Maya apparently cannot be in it due to Palenque being spotted somewhere for R&F, but they could be added later on in a second expansion or DLC.
Female leaders are a big focus in this expansion, so we will probably see at least a couple more. Probably Phoenicia (or Carthage, a colony of Phoenicia) with Dido, and we may see Boudicca leading the Celts again (hopefully this time she has her long hair). Perhaps we will see Portugal in R&F, but I'm thinking now that Portugal will come a bit later, because Spain and the Netherlands are both in the game, they can wait a little while before adding Portugal ~ might not make sense to everyone, but that's how I'm thinking.
Ottomans are very likely, and can have a female leader, so maybe them as well.

My prediction goes in this order of likelihood: Inca, Phoenicia (or Carthage, a colony of Phoenicia), Ottomans, Celts. That would mean that probably three of the remaining leaders will be female, and one male.
If you predict Inca and Ottomans and 3 female leaders, which would have a female leader though? AFAIK both were pretty much only led by men

If you predict Inca and Ottomans and 3 female leaders, which would have a female leader though? AFAIK both were pretty much only led by men
They could pull a "Theodora" and have Roxelana (aka Hürrem Sultan), but I personally think that would be a bad choice. But Yubnub said "two." ;)

I'd be very surprised if we saw another Graeco-Roman civilization (Byzantium) over the Ottomans, and even more surprised if we saw neither.

In that case I think we'll have the Ottomans... I doubt Byzantium will appear...yet.

As for Armenia, I wouldn't be displeased, but I'd be astonished if we saw them over such an obvious and popular female leader like Tamar.

Now you know how I feel about this [pissed] .... so I think you're stirring you punk! :hammer2::trouble:

I'm going to say Georgia, Ottoman, Inca, and Hausa (the last one being my long-shot pick).

I actually forgot about Canada. I think there is a good chance for Canada ~ for one thing a lot of people have been asking for a Canadian civ, but also they named Canada in the into for the Cree civ (that isn't a confirmation, but could be suggestive).

Inca is not in the iPad version. It was a typo.

Ok, can you confirm that?

Certainly Ottomans, who actually have a list of female leaders in their history: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sultanate_of_Women

Lisbon has been sighted as a City State, so Portugal is not in R&F.

Ah ok, thank you for that. I didn't think we would see Portugal yet, but I still think that for a 2nd expansion or DLC we might still see them.

Inca and the Ottomans seem like obvious picks, both probably led by men. As was mentioned, would need to have at least 2 more women leaders to have the men/women ratio be 5:4, which I assume is what the devs are aiming for, what with their message about inclusion and all that (which I wholly support). I suppose 6:3 isn't out of the question, but then their message would ring a little hollow. I don't see a Sub-Saharan kingdom with a prominent woman leader, unfortunately. I also don't see another civ in the Americas with the Maya out of the running and the inclusion of the Cree and probably Inca. Of course, Georgia and Tamar, meme or not, are good, legitimate candidates. As much as I'd like another African civ, I think the clues are stacking up in favor of Italy. A distant 5th would be a North African civ led by a woman (Carthage, Numidia/Berbers).

Inca and Ottomans (men), Georgia and Italy (women).

Agreed about the women. Over on the other civ/leader thread, I've been gathering a list of female African leaders. There are a bunch of options including Carthage, Ethiopia, Aksum, Ndongo, Palmyra and Ashanti.

I actually forgot about Canada. I think there is a good chance for Canada ~ for one thing a lot of people have been asking for a Canadian civ, but also they named Canada in the into for the Cree civ (that isn't a confirmation, but could be suggestive).
Given that they occupy the same space and would likely have similar abilities, I think the Cree rule out Canada.

Certainly Ottomans, who actually have a list of female leaders in their history: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sultanate_of_Women
Highly dubious. None of those were female leaders; they were queens-consort who influenced their husbands. That doesn't rule out including them--see Theodora or Catherine de Medici--but I wouldn't call them "leaders." I really hope they don't go down that route, though.

Highly dubious. None of those were female leaders; they were queens-consort who influenced their husbands. That doesn't rule out including them--see Theodora or Catherine de Medici--but I wouldn't call them "leaders." I really hope they don't go down that route, though.

Any who like CdM were the power behind the throne?

Agreed about the women. Over on the other civ/leader thread, I've been gathering a list of female African leaders. There are a bunch of options including Carthage, Ethiopia, Aksum, Ndongo, Palmyra and Ashanti.

And here I thought Palmyra was in Syria. ;)

They did technically absorb Egypt into their empire, but then so had Macedonia and Rome before them.

I wouldn't call Palmyra an African civilization.

Kosem was kind of like that. But she spent most of her energy just holding a strained empire together.

Then I would accept her. But no doubt there are many more deserving candidates.

I'm hoping for Mehmed II for the Ottomans. Janissaries for the civ UU and a unique bombard as part of his LUA. We haven't seen a new double UU civ yet.

I think there may only be one more female (that being the one who interacts with the Ages system). 33% seems like a decent share.

Carthage is another obvious contender for a LUA UU, if it were Hannibal.

The Steam blurb says there are 8 UU. Since there are 8 civs, that means none of the leaders are getting their own LUU.

The Steam blurb says there are 8 UU. Since there are 8 civs, that means none of the leaders are getting their own LUU.

Darn. That's true. That's a bit surprising. How many leaders offer an extra UU so far?

Just Teddy, Victoria, Harald, and Alexander, IIRC.

Still, fingers crossed for Mehmed II. They could have clashing agendas once Byzantium is added, like Tomyris and Cyrus have.

Stop crushing our dreams Eagle! :mischief:
Well. There you have it - no Ottomans or Carthage till later! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom