1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have selected the winners of the Old World random draw and competition. For the winning entries, please check this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] Poll: which are the last 4 R&F civs?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by WillowBrook, Jan 3, 2018.

Tags:
?

Which are the last four expansion civs to be revealed?

Poll closed Jan 5, 2018.
  1. Ottoman Turks

76.3%
  2. Mali/Ghana/Songhai

47.1%
  3. Kilwa/Swahili

5.0%
  4. Zulu

17.9%
  5. Carthage

22.5%
  6. Inca

83.8%
  7. Georgia

35.4%
  8. Italy

21.7%
  9. Byzantine Empire

12.5%
  10. Maya

8.8%
  11. Portugal

6.3%
  12. Celts (in some form)

6.7%
  13. Phoenicians

5.0%
  14. Other South America

1.7%
  15. Other Central America/Caribbean

0.8%
  16. Other North America

5.0%
  17. Other Africa

11.3%
  18. Other Middle East

4.6%
  19. Other Europe

9.6%
  20. Central Asian

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  21. Southeast Asian

1.3%
  22. Oceanian

4.6%
  23. Other

0.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greywulf

Greywulf King

I'll investigate...Thank you.

I seriously doubt that Canada and the Cree would share the same abilities, as they are entirely different cultures. Occupying the same region may be an argument, however it hasn't stopped them before. Look at the Byzantines and Ottomans, Holy Roman Empire and Germany, America and Iroquois...It's entirely possible for them to add a civ that shares a region with another civ.

EricTheGreat12 likes this.
  2. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

Mehmed the Conquerer Agenda: Respects those who take other civ's capitals. Bonus if you build your government plaza in that city.

Byzantine leader agenda: Dislikes those who takes other's capitals.

ChocolateShake likes this.
  3. DeepKing

DeepKing Warlord

1. Ottoman Empire, that's next. We need another Islamic civ and there's not much better choice than the expansive Ottoman Turks.
    2. Inca. Fan favorite and general phenomenal civ, terrace farms were so popular last time around that I expect them again.
    3. Italy / Georgia / Aram / ??? I'm not too sure on this one, though I'm leaning more towards Italy. This will be the true curveball - and I can see reasons why each would be chosen. Italy has none of its expectant cities as CS, even though they were prominent in Civ V; Aram and Georgia have Zenobia and Tamar who both fit the mold for "female leader who plays with ages" - both are popular, both would be a well-received curve ball however . . .
    4. Carthage. Since Hannibal is still a GG, Carthage will be led by Dido, the "female leader who plays with ages", and Firaxis will wait to reveal the reformed city-state last. Dido's inclusion greatly diminishes the chances of Georgia or Aram this time around in my eyes. I think she will be included and may have an agenda that clashes with Rome to make them often opponents, and may have an ability that references their salty fall via Rome.

4. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

1. Ottomans have to be in for sure. Unique Commercial Hub (Bazaar)
    2. Mali- I'm not giving up on them. Desert improvement (Mud Mosque)
    3. Inca- Missing from South America. Improvement (Terrace Farm)
    4. Would love Italy but maybe now should be saved for later maybe with alternate leaders so I went for Austria with Maria Theresa as the female who deals with the ages and has a unique building (Opera House)
    Not convinced that Georgia or Canada will be in yet.

DeepKing and Aussie_Lurker like this.
  5. Aussie_Lurker

Aussie_Lurker Deity

To clarify my vote. I am convinced we will get 1 African Civ-Zulu, Songhai, Mali or Morocco. I am also convinced we will get 1 South American Civ.....Inca being the most obvious, though maybe they will surprise us & give us the Olmec or Toltec ;). I am also getting more convinced that Georgia will get in, to fill in that gap between Europe & Asia (Caucuses). Lastly I think Polynesia will get in too.....though I am least certain of this one!

6. Gabhar

Gabhar Warlord

Ottomans, Inca, Scotland, and Georgia. Trust me my dad is the entire company of Firaxis itself.

7. Thormodr

Thormodr Servant of Civ Supporter

Considering they are adding reefs to the game in R&F, any thought to one of the Civs being Tonga or some other Polynesian Civ?

Aussie_Lurker likes this.
  8. AvianBritish

AvianBritish King

Ottoman, Mali/Ghana, Inca, Georgia are my guesses, but I hope for either Venice/Italy, Carthage or Canada to take Georgia's place!

Thormodr likes this.
  9. Wingednosering

Wingednosering Prince

Fair point. My geography sucks, and I have no real idea where the Asia/Europe/African borders are in that region.

10. anandus

anandus Errorist

Ottoman, Zulu, Inca and a Mesopotamian Civ, probably Babylon

11. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

Babylon is a new CS. Palenque and Lisbon don‘t rule out their civs 100%, since they might just be not replaced yet. Babylon as a new introduction is definitely out.

nzcamel and Aussie_Lurker like this.
  12. Nobody

Nobody Gangster

Zulu because they are meant to be in all civ games, Ottomans because it makes sense, Inca as well. And Polynesia because i like them.

Aussie_Lurker likes this.
  13. Wingednosering

Wingednosering Prince

I think they do after seeing their bonuses. Their strengths lie in grabbing lots of territory, peacekeeping and trading. If that isn't a Canadian civ bonus list, I don't know what is. Plus the territory thing. Granted, Canada's capital isn't directly in the line of the Cree, but a lot of Canada would overlap them. And in terms of civ bonuses, the overlap is just too intense. Byzantines and Ottomans have entirely different defining traits.

Canada could still be in XPAC 2 though (or in more DLCs, which I'm thinking won't happen). Once the UN is in place, I could see Canada having a different set of traits that could differentiate them.

Zaarin likes this.
  14. Proclo

Proclo Warlord

So far every civ in the trailer has been included in the xp. With this in mind we have a few scenes without representation yet:

The dam costruction.
    The gladiator fight.
    The mongol siege.
    The Black Death quarentine.

The dam costruction is pretty much the presentation of the Inca Empire define.

The gladiator scene maybe is just a representation of the rise and fall leitmotive of the xp but, it could be the presentation of a new civ, one which was defeated by the Roman Empire and whose warriors end up in arenas. Gauls, Celts, Carthaginians... I know the wolf was another symbol of the Romans but is it possible that it belongs to another civ?

Who are the defenders against the mongol attack?

The Italic Peninsula in the Black Death time period was a heterogeneus group of city states. If they are using that scene to show us Italy I'm pretty much sure we won't see the country unified 600 years later. Instead will have either Florence or Venice. I hope Venice.

15. Inlex

Inlex Warlord

Dordrecht, Netherlands / Tilburg, Netherlands
    Still HUGE gaps in Africa, North- and South America. Despite the recently revealed Cree. Asia is pretty much stuffed now, even getting extra leaders. And europe has always been stuffed (Despite the glaring omissions of a few major historical nations such as Portugal, Austria(-Hungary) and Switzerland. The gap between Russia and Norway might be filled, but I suspect that Firaxis marketing department feels there is little to be gained by adding Ukraine or Lithuania to the mix.

Picked Inca, Portugal (though unlikely), Other NA and Other Africa:
    NA: Would not be at all surprised if Canada would be added, to supplement the Cree addition into a (good) trading scenario with a touch of war. Similar to how Anno games are played. I don't buy the theories that there will be no scenarios. They will just focus on making less boring ones, I suppose.
    Africa: Given all the ancient nations currently in the mediterranean area, I expect a more modern civ there: Perhaps morocco or Nigeria. They will likely harbor the largest potential player bases in Africa, aside from South Africa, which is my best bet. South Africa also lends itself well for a scenario with a new civ: Netherlands, as well as England and perhaps even Australia. Since SA was a major 'refueling point' for ships on their way Down Under before the Suez canal was built. (Clipper route)

16. nzcamel

nzcamel Nahtanoj the Magnificent

Pretty sure it was Korea...

17. ChocolateShake

ChocolateShake Prince

I was thinking Palmyra might make it in based on the "blurred icon" being potentially a good match for Zenobia, but I think they might focus on Carthage instead and add a West African civ too. Palymra would be a good representative of rise and fall mechanics, so I guess there's still a chance, but I think it'll either be Carthage or Palmyra, probably not both.

It would be interesting to see Zenobia and a Roman leader in a future DLC.

I think Mali or another West African civ is as close to guaranteed as it gets, since we have natural wonders from that region and it's just too empty right now.

I would like to see Georgia. Armenia really also deserves a spot I think.

18. Stilgar08

Stilgar08 Emperor

Inca should be a must have, Mali /Songhai before Zulu, I think. I'd love to see the phoenicians so I voted for them. ;)
    And since they might think they can't go without one European Civ Marketingwise :crazyeye:they might go with the Celts...

19. Mr Jon of Cheam

Mr Jon of Cheam Prince

I think the hints to Georgia might be a massive tease.

At the moment I'm thinking Ottoman, Inca, Carthage/African civ, and my wildcard would be Italy. Not at all sold on Italy but it does seem very strange that there are no Italian city states, they must have something planned for Italy even if not for R&F.

luigilime likes this.
  20. Bechhold

Bechhold King

Inca, Ottomans, then who knows. Would like to see the Cherokee and Italy but doubtful sadly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.