[R&F] Poll: which are the last 4 R&F civs?

Which are the last four expansion civs to be revealed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just really hard to pick an Ancient leader/Civ for this expansion, because they are either ruled out (Babylon), or their Civ was already added to the game in the vanilla without an ancient-era leader (China, Egypt, Greece, India, who else am I missing?).

The events/biographies of the years before 500 BCE is murky for the most part. That's the nature of time/history.

We basically only have Middle Eastern options for an Ancient leader then.....:p

Why is Cleo the Egyptian leader, WHYYY! :cry:
Well, that's what happens when you're the first to develop writing and record-keeping. :p
I like how all these options are clustered into the same geographic area. :p Oh wells.....
Assyria seems unlikely at this point, Gilgamesh is the "warmongering Mesopotamian".
Minoans is impossible without a Rosetta Stone for Linear A. People would complain it is a Greek/Hellenic Civ though. :crazyeye:
No to the Mycenaeans, as much as I find them interesting. I wouldn't want Agamemnon as a leader. He deserved to get killed by Clytemnestra!
Akkadians is less likely than Assyria and Babylon.
I guess the "Canaanite/Syrian" Civ would be difficult to do. Any notable leaders for that?
Zenobia. But she's Classical. :p As Siptah says, we know some names from the Amarna letters and other sources, but none of them really stand out as big personalities.

Does Mari count as ancient? or Yamhad? or Ebla?

Firaxis probably wouldn't consider to make those Civs though....
Ebla would be interesting, but I'd put them in the same category as Elam, Mitanni, and Urartu. :(

Probably are best hope for more ancient civs are: an alternate leader for Egypt (in the future) and Babylon (in the future), or maybe Assyria (but I'd be really surprised to see them in R&F--or at all, with how Assyrian Gilgy is). I'd be stoked to see one of the peripheral Mesopotamian powers like the Elamites or Urartians, but watching people whine about Georgia, I can just imagine how they'll be received. :rolleyes:

From what I've seen Carthage was seemingly founded in the Ancient Era, although what we know of them today is the powerhouse they were in the Classical Era. So Dido could work in that regard as an ancient leader, yet classical Civ similar to Egypt and Nubia but opposite with regards to leader era.

From what I've seen Carthage was seemingly founded in the Ancient Era, although what we know of them today is the powerhouse they were in the Classical Era. So Dido could work in that regard as an ancient leader, yet classical Civ similar to Egypt and Nubia but opposite with regards to leader era.
I still don't want her. Her name (Elissa) may be Phoenician, but she's attested only in Greek and Roman sources. I'm very skeptical that she was a historical personage. Plus, they already had her in Civ5 (which Firaxis is avoiding nine times out of ten) and there are much bigger personalities in Punic history, both among the Magonids and the Barcids.

Remarkable that we should be left begging for representation from the ancient Near East, a region that served as the very cradle of civilization. (!)

Perhaps if we beg heartily enough, they will give us two civs from that area, like they did with Southeast Asia?

If we are hunting for Ancient Near Eastern civs of some note, I'd be game for some Nabateans or Sabaeans for interesting desert trader play, a la Civ5 Morocco. If not for the greenery, I could have swore the first scene in the trailer was the construction of the Marib Dam in what is now Yemen...

Honestly, I would rather they focus on making mid- to late-game more engaging than adding early-buff Civs. Maybe Gilgamesh turned me from them.

If we are hunting for Ancient Near Eastern civs of some note, I'd be game for some Nabateans or Sabaeans for interesting desert trader play, a la Civ5 Morocco. If not for the greenery, I could have swore the first scene in the trailer was the construction of the Marib Dam in what is now Yemen...

Honestly, I would rather they focus on making mid- to late-game more engaging than adding early-buff Civs. Maybe Gilgamesh turned me from them.

I would love to see Morocco or some other desert trading Civ. I've always enjoyed making scads of $$$ in Civ games and I like trying to make the desert bloom, so this really appeals to me. Mali could work, too. Mansa Musa of Mali would be great, as well. Better yet, both. :)

I would love to see Morocco or some other desert trading Civ. I've always enjoyed making scads of $$$ in Civ games and I like trying to make the desert bloom, so this really appeals to me. Mali could work, too. Mansa Musa of Mali would be great, as well. Better yet, both. :)

Sounds like you should just play Outback Tycoon. :)

Or Australia in general.

Controversial opinion alert: I hate to say it (and I certainly won't be annoyed if I'm wrong) but I think those who think that Netherlands and Georgia will be the extent of Europe's representation in Rise and Fall are likely to be disappointed.

Looking at Civ V's expansion packs, they added 5 and 3 European Civs respectively. I really can't see that we're not going to get one more, especially when the last two DLC packs were Europe-free.

We could still get an African Civ (hopefully not the Zulu) but in my opinion they will come at the expense of the Ottomans, not a European Civ. I think Inca should be safe.

I wish I could be as positive as a lot of the people here when it comes to the Inca. They're #1 on my wishlist, but I fear we won't see them in R&F...

Controversial opinion alert: I hate to say it (and I certainly won't be annoyed if I'm wrong) but I think those who think that Netherlands and Georgia will be the extent of Europe's representation in Rise and Fall are likely to be disappointed.

Looking at Civ V's expansion packs, they added 5 and 3 European Civs respectively. I really can't see that we're not going to get one more, especially when the last two DLC packs were Europe-free.

We could still get an African Civ (hopefully not the Zulu) but in my opinion they will come at the expense of the Ottomans, not a European Civ. I think Inca should be safe.
Aren't the Ottomans somewhat European? :mischief:
The only European Civ I could see at this point right now would be the Celts though with a unique improvement since the unique buildings are already taken. And that could mean that leak was true. I mean worst case scenario would be Celts, Zulu, Inca right?

The only safe bet is the Inca I think.

I would *hardly* call them a safe bet when Machu Picchu isn't even in the game.

Unless it's a unique replacement for the Government District, it would be an odd omission to leave out a wonder so intrinsically tied to a civ.

Honestly, I wouldn't place my bets too high that every continent will get representation in R&F. I mean, between Civ V's two xpacs, Assyria was the only "Asian" civ we ever received.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom