[R&F] Poll: which are the last 4 R&F civs?

Which are the last four expansion civs to be revealed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would argue that Korea has a little culture going for her in Seondeok's ability but that's about it. This might sound too Eurocentric but both Italy and Austria come to mind at least as cultural Renaissance/Industrial era powerhouses, they will probably be saved for later.
The Inca I can see going in all different directions, with some adjacency bonuses with mountains for districts that wouldn't normally have it, similar to the Netherlands and their river bonus, along with building farms on hills earlier.
Ottomans I could see go in different directions as well with military/naval and economic bonuses. Culture may play in if Suleiman is the leader as he was a patron of the arts and a poet himself.
I'd love to see the Ottomans given some culture bonuses instead of just being a pure naval military civ. I was hoping for the same with the Mongolians, hoping they'd be led by Kublai Khan, but alas, +1 pure warmonger civ. :(

Let's forget about historical , personal or geographical considerations. If we were to only consider gameplay mechanics. "What is currently missing/underused by the current known civs as a game mechanics or which game time period lacks empowered contestants (we know early game is full of powerfull civs for instance, what about renaissance, industrial or modern ? " , surely the devs asked themselves this question at some point. If we can arrive to a credible list of underused mechanics/time period maybe we can guess which civ would fit the bill ?

With regard to time period, I compiled this list of pre-R&F time periods, by leader not tech level
Ancient: 1
Classical: 9
Medieval: 6
Renaissance: 6
Industrial: 2
Modern: 1
Atomic: 2

Here's the time period (by leader, not tech level) of known R&F civs
Classical: 1
Medieval: 3
Industrial: 1

So, you can see they've pretty much achieved parity between the Classical and Medieval eras thus far. It seems less likely that they will add any more of those. The Renaissance has received no love in R&F, and will probably get some. The Industrial might as well.

With regard to time period, I compiled this list of pre-R&F time periods, by leader not tech level
Ancient: 1
Classical: 9
Medieval: 6
Renaissance: 6
Industrial: 2
Atomic: 2

Here's the time period (by leader, not tech level) of known R&F civs
Classical: 1
Medieval: 3
Industrial: 1

So, you can see they've pretty much achieved parity between the Classical and Medieval eras thus far. It seems less likely that they will add any more of those. The Renaissance has received no love in R&F, and will probably get some. The Industrial might as well.
Still hoping for an ancient leader.
...I can't even begin to describe how ecstatic that would make me. :D

Can they get someone who actually knows something about Punic to do the dialogue this time, though? The Punic/Phoenician language is rather scantily attested (thanks, Scipio Aemilianus), but not so scanty that we have to resort to quasi-Hebrew. (Especially since Modern Hebrew has lost its emphatic consonants, which was rather jarring in Dido's dialogue. Especially since Phoenician's emphatic consonants would have been ejectives like Biblical Hebrew, Akkadian, and the South Semitic languages, not pharyngealized like Aramaic and Arabic.)

The biggest standout to me is that none of the new R&F civs have culture bonuses. On the other hand, we have had quite a few of those in vanilla and DLC. :dunno:
And for more Science focused civs.

Still hoping for an ancient leader.

And for more Science focused civs.

Maybe the Celts or Carthage? :p Unless William Wallace is the actual Celtic leader for Civ6.....

Carthage is classical, even with a Magonid ruler. Celts too.

So what options do we have left for an Ancient ruler, then? :think:

So what options do we have left for an Ancient ruler, then? :think:
Babylon (ruled out by city-state), Judah (unlikely), Elam (would make me ecstatic, but I'm not holding my breath), Mitanni (see Elam), Urartu (see Elam)...

Babylon (ruled out by city-state), Judah (unlikely), Elam (would make me ecstatic, but I'm not holding my breath), Mitanni (see Elam), Urartu (see Elam)...

We basically only have Middle Eastern options for an Ancient leader then.....:p

Why is Cleo the Egyptian leader, WHYYY! :cry:

Famous ancient civs:
Babylon (out)
Assyria
Hittites (out)
Minoans (unlikely)
Mycenaean (more Greece!)
Akkadians
Some Canaanite/Syrian civ based on CS

I like how all these options are clustered into the same geographic area. :p Oh wells.....
Assyria seems unlikely at this point, Gilgamesh is the "warmongering Mesopotamian".
Minoans is impossible without a Rosetta Stone for Linear A. People would complain it is a Greek/Hellenic Civ though. :crazyeye:
No to the Mycenaeans, as much as I find them interesting. I wouldn't want Agamemnon as a leader. He deserved to get killed by Clytemnestra!
Akkadians is less likely than Assyria and Babylon.
I guess the "Canaanite/Syrian" Civ would be difficult to do. Any notable leaders for that?

I like how all these options are clustered into the same geographic area. :p Oh wells.....
Assyria seems unlikely at this point, Gilgamesh is the "warmongering Mesopotamian".
Minoans is impossible without a Rosetta Stone for Linear A. People would complain it is a Greek/Hellenic Civ though. :crazyeye:
No to the Mycenaeans, as much as I find them interesting. I wouldn't want Agamemnon as a leader. He deserved to get killed by Clytemnestra!
Akkadians is less likely than Assyria and Babylon.
I guess the "Canaanite/Syrian" Civ would be difficult to do. Any notable leaders for that?
We know many Bronze Age CS leaders from their correspondence with Hittites and Egypt (and among themselves). But I don‘t remember someone really standing out.
We would probably lose Jerusalem CS in favor of Urusalim :p

We know many Bronze Age CS leaders from their correspondence with Hittites and Egypt (and among themselves). But I don‘t remember someone really standing out.
We would probably lose Jerusalem CS in favor of Urusalim :p

Does Mari count as ancient? or Yamhad? or Ebla?

Firaxis probably wouldn't consider to make those Civs though....

But he doesn't like and want to collect great works of writing/ or a bunch of great works in general? Who better to represent this than Ashurbanipal. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom