[NFP] Portugal is the last NFP Civilization confirmed. Also... Zombies??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you want the regular watermill effects on the Palgum? It wouldn't be unique if it didn't have different bonuses.
Sorry. I just didn't notice the misspelling. @AriaLyric and @Zaarin have guessed that right. Babylon could have something better and more interresting instead. Palgum can be a bit powerful in the early Eras, but it's not that interresting for Babylon as a Unique Infrastructure.

I think they actually used Jayavaraman's model and animations for the base of Kublai Khan. Their idle animations and body shape are very similar but it's clear the idle animations were edited slightly.
They actually used both, apparently. Or maybe I'm mistaken.

Especially since it (the Tanh) isn't a specialty District anymore. I really like how it works, but I think there are better options for a UI for Vietnam that could represent it's culture. It would have been ok if Vietnam got the (regular) Encampment work like that (as a Bonus to the placement restriction of specialty District - like the Culture Bombs for Gaul beside the UD) + a new Unique Infrastructure.
As for the Palgum: you're completely right. It's effects should have been the regular Effects of the Watermill.
Oh I agree it wouldn't be my first pick. A Water Puppet Theater would definitely fit more of a unique infrastructure for Vietnam, being a cultural building or improvement, but I don't mind how the Thanh plays out.

No, they're saying an ordinary Watermill should already do what the Palgum does. And Babylon should have gotten something more interesting than -- well, literally everything it got. Maya should have gotten a Mesoamerican Pyramid and let Babylon have the Observatory.
I was hoping the Maya would get a "Mesoamerican Pyramid Complex" as a unique Holy Site which could of had the Great Pyramid and the Great Ballcourt represented in the district similar to where the big Russian Cathedral is located in the Lavra. Not to mention Mesoamerican graphics for the Shrines and Temples.

Sorry. I just didn't notice the misspelling. @AriaLyric and @Zaarin have guessed that right. Babylon could have something better and more interresting instead. Palgum can be a bit powerful in the early Eras, but it's not that interresting for Babylon as a Unique Infrastructure.
Probably my least favorite unique infrastructure in the game. Really was hoping for a unique library for them, or a unique library for a civ in general.

Last edited:
Notre Dame is a good pick. I feel like we are also missing a Dam Wonder. I think it's obvious what it's bonuses would be if you have GS but not sure what they could do with it for people that only have the base game or R&F.

A Hoover Dam or Three Gorges Dam or whatever wonder could presumably still give Industrial Zone bonuses even in Vanilla/R+F, while fulfilling the role of a Dam District in addition to those bonuses in GS, no? Like, if it powered all cities within 6 tiles with Hyrdoelectric Power or whatever, that would work from the beginning, but it could also mitigate floods for GS players.

A Hoover Dam or Three Gorges Dam or whatever wonder could presumably still give Industrial Zone bonuses even in Vanilla/R+F, while fulfilling the role of a Dam District in addition to those bonuses in GS, no? Like, if it powered all cities within 6 tiles with Hyrdoelectric Power or whatever, that would work from the beginning, but it could also mitigate floods for GS players.
Yeah I do like the idea of how in Vanilla and R&F it could actually act as a regional Entertainment Complex and Industrial Zone giving cities within six tiles amenities and production.
But for GS it could do the same in addition to automatically having an Hydroelectric dam powering those cities too, and obviously mitigate floods along the river it's built.

Last edited:
Oppidum looks pretty meh but the Hippodrome has the whole special stadium...
Wait the Hippodrome has special art for the stadium but not the zoo and arena? Or are you talking about the little racing track in the bottom left of the district?
If the Hippodrome has a unique-looking stadium but not a unique arena or zoo, that's somehow even more disappointing. Like oh yeah, we're gonna give unique art to a standard building in a unique district in the NFP pass, but it'll be an Atomic Era building for a civ that focuses on domination/religion, and so will probably win before you even unlock the option to build it.

Oppidum looks pretty meh but the Hippodrome has the whole special stadium...
The Oppidum doesn't look appealing but it makes up for the fact that you basically get another encampment for firing. But yeah the Hippodrome does look nice early game.

Wait the Hippodrome has special art for the stadium but not the zoo and arena? Or are you talking about the little racing track in the bottom left of the district?
If the Hippodrome has a unique-looking stadium but not a unique arena or zoo, that's somehow even more disappointing. Like oh yeah, we're gonna give unique art to a standard building in a unique district in the NFP pass, but it'll be an Atomic Era building for a civ that focuses on domination/religion, and so will probably win before you even unlock the option to build it.
No they don't have any special art for any of the buildings, though I agree if anything it should be the arena that would get the special art. But the hippodrome graphic in the bottom left corner at least stays throughout the whole game. :)

Iroquois Longhouse as a library replacement to symbolize their extensive and storied oral tradition. It woulda been lit.
Was that pun intended? Lit=literacy. :mischief:
I don't know about that. At least I don't think of a longhouse as a library replacement inside a Campus, no more than it would look out of place in an Industrial Zone despite it being a workshop replacement in Civ 5. A granary or unique Neighborhood seems more fitting.

Though I do like the idea of a Cherokee getting a unique library to portray their rapid literacy growth if they would get in.

Was that pun intended? Lit=literacy. :mischief:
I don't know about that. At least I don't think of a longhouse as a library replacement inside a Campus, no more than it would look out of place in an Industrial Zone despite it being a workshop replacement in Civ 5. A granary or unique Neighborhood seems more fitting.

Though I do like the idea of a Cherokee getting a unique library to portray their rapid literacy growth if they would get in.

I just want more interesting mechanics tbh I think the NFP has definitely broke some boundaries regarding that (Maya, Ethiopia).

More unique districts would also be cool, bit unique buildings I appreciate, such as the Polish Sukiennce. Unique Improvements are a mixed bag, because either they're really good, or they're not worth it. It doesn't help UIs test to require tiles you'd want to slap a district in.

Iroquois Longhouse as a library replacement to symbolize their extensive and storied oral tradition. It woulda been lit.
Everyone has storytelling traditions. The Iroquois were exceptional orators, but if anything that lends itself to a unique Amphitheater rather than Library. Neither is really ideal, though--personally I'd make it a Unique Barracks or a Unique Improvement, I think.

Everyone has storytelling traditions. The Iroquois were exceptional orators, but if anything that lends itself to a unique Amphitheater rather than Library. Neither is really ideal, though--personally I'd make it a Unique Barracks or a Unique Improvement, I think.
Not to mention the whole oral tradition idea, and amphitheater replacement, was given to the Maori.

A unique barracks would be interesting. That never crossed my mind.

The real question everyone should be asking is what food will Joao be offering the player in his delegation. I just made Flan and I need to know

This tonight's meal, ladies and gentlemen, featuring delicacies from Portugal. :mischief:
  • Peixe Grelhado
  • Sardinhas
  • Bifanas
  • Francesinha
  • Amêijoas à Bolhão Pato
  • Açorda de Marisco
  • Cozido à Portuguesa
  • Bacalhau

Not to mention the whole oral tradition idea, and amphitheater replacement, was given to the Maori.

A unique barracks would be interesting. That never crossed my mind.

The Iroquois were rather effective at expanding and their warfare tactics were rather devastating. It would be interesting, but I don't think it screams "Longhouse".

The Iroquois were rather effective at expanding and their warfare tactics were rather devastating. It would be interesting, but I don't think it screams "Longhouse".
Yeah to me a unique granary would make the most sense. I would say the next best thing would be a unique neighborhood unlocking early but that seems to similar to Kongo, or a unique improvement. However a second unique improvement that provides housing for another North American tribe would be too similar to the Cree as well.

TBH the best option would be an early Neighborhood, but like @Alexander's Hetaroi said that's really infringing on Kongo's thing. An accurate Iroquois civ is going to be an aggressive Domination civ, which means they'll want Encampments anyway, and Barracks already provide Housing and Production; add a little extra Housing plus some Culture and some Food and I think it works.

...It could be a replacement for the Preserve.
Only if their leader is Iron Eyes Cody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom