Post your AI benchmark score

I have a question guys, as I don't have time to do this yet, how does benchmark test work? You select it and launch normal game and check times, or is everything done automatically?

Done automatically. Select Benchmark and the benchmark test you want to run. The game auto-launches a late era game save and runs the test autonomously -- you just sit and wait for the results.

Uh? I found it weird that the GS related AI results (bottom) were that high...

Results(Benchmark_C6+GS).png

The other (GFX) stats seem okay for this kind of PC;

PC-HWinfo.png

PS; Unless, it's the actual code that requires higher timing for the GS script!!?!

PS2; Correction.. i had the Firefox browser (locked into this page!) running simultaneously to triggering the Benchmark testing ingame. DUH!

Last edited:
How is it possible that you guys have so much stronger machines than my PC and yet I get approximately 9 seconds average AI turn time in this benchmark? Is it because I test it on base game (no GS yet)?

My PC:
Intel Core i5-7300HQ
8 GB RAM
GeForce GTX 1050 iirc

Or maybe turn time is impacted so much by hard drive tech? Because despite my not-that-powerful laptop specs it has particular type of very fast SSD.

Or maybe its because I have quick move and combat? :p But such main menu benchmark test shouldnt be derailed so easily...

Last edited:
How is it possible that you guys have so much stronger machines than my PC and yet I get approximately 9 seconds average AI turn time in this benchmark? Is it because I test it on base game (no GS yet)?

My PC:
Intel Core i5-7300HQ
8 GB RAM
GeForce GTX 1050 iirc

Or maybe turn time is impacted so much by hard drive tech? Because despite my not-that-powerful laptop specs it has particular type of very fast SSD.

That's the new normal for non GS AI benchmark (6.5-9 secs). I get ~8 secs with an i7 4790 (used to be 14 secs pre GS)

Oh, okay. I am still very satisfied with those results then :)

What are your results in graphics benchmark test? I get 29ms average on all settings ultra (13ms on lowest but still 1920x1080 resolution)

Oh, okay. I am still very satisfied with those results then :)

What are your results in graphics benchmark test? I get 29ms average on all settings ultra (13ms on lowest but still 1920x1080 resolution)

That heavily depends on settings, but everything max I tested last Sunday and I got average 22 ms and 99 percentile 39 ms. Not bad for a GTX 760. From there I decreased settings to the point where I got excellent performance without noticing the decrease in quality; there I get avg 14 ms and 99 percentile 22 ms. Settled for those settings, don't notice any decrease in my 24 inch 1080p screen.

Does quick move/combat setting have an affect on this? I would think it has to based on some of these scores declared.

EDIT: Doesn't seem to make a difference, must be graphic settings related.

EDIT: Oh god, you're all talking about the non-GS benchmark. I get 30 seconds in the GS one and 7 seconds in the other. World's different...

Last edited:
hi,gs benchmark has problem
I can not finish the ai test benchmark with gs dlc,just showing please wait
e3 1230 v3
8G
anyone like me?
how can i do?

Anyone with Ryzen processor playing Civ, could post his results as well ?

CPU Ryzen 7 2700x (have not bothered to overclock yet, it's been 1 day since upgrading after FX-9590 finally died)
GPU GTX 1060 6GB
RAM 32GB DDR4

With graphics set to absolute max settings, I'm getting:
Avg Frame Time: 7.976ms
99th Percentile: 12.576ms
AI Result: 7.75 seconds

First of is my little laptop. A Huawei Matebook X running windows10
Intel I7 8550U
16gb DDR4
512gb SSD
Geforce MX 150

AI benchmark times:

Average time: 9.19

Then it is my old desktop running Ubuntu 18.10

Intel I5 2500K @ 4ghz
32GB DDR3 with aggressive timings
256gb SSD drive
Gtx1070

Same test:

Average turn time: 12.55

I could not find the log file ;p

So this means that my tiny, new laptop is faster than the old beast! This is kind of a shock to me... Could it be that Ubuntu is just very bad at running games? Or maybe Ubuntu is not as good at using the CPUs turbo function? Look into this I will...

Could it be that Ubuntu is just very bad at running games?
Windoze has done a ‘dodgy’ job of managing threads is the likely answer.
I do enterprise performance on something called SAP and the published benchmarks thrashing a high end server, same DB, same hardware, just different OS... Windows is outstripping Linux, especially with multi thread turned on.

Windoze has done a ‘dodgy’ job of managing threads is the likely answer.
I do enterprise performance on something called SAP and the published benchmarks thrashing a high end server, same DB, same hardware, just different OS... Windows is outstripping Linux, especially with multi thread turned on.

sounds like I will have to try setting up some dual boot arrangement then... I do not want to play on the laptop. The little fans inside go real fast and loud when it is pushed ;)

The little fans inside go real fast and loud when it is pushed ;)
Dual boot is not hard and you then have the perfect test, I would be interested in the results, Civ may play a little different to SAP but SAP is still quite single threaded so ...
The fans seems like an issue regardless... I personally think it’s the new particle graphics they introduced... Look at the @Zyxpsilon post above.. more meat, just not as spikey.

About the "GS" benchmark being higher, it makes a lot of sense. Just look at the map between the two, one has just a few cities, 50 at most, the GS one has hundreds. One has the world in fog of war, the other fully visible. The GS is not working "worse", it's a new one they made for a more intensive test.

Light AI test: 7.47 s
Heavy AI test: 35.02 s

RTX 2080
i5 9600k
32 GB

I was really interested to see this feature, as I've just bought a new gaming laptop and have installed everything up to and including GS (after being restricted to the base game + DLC on my iPad for the last month or so).

Intel Core i7-8750H 2.2 GHz
GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
16 GB DDR4

Light AI benchmark: 7.51 s (very happy with that - the AI turn times on my iPad were painful, even with a tiny map and a vanilla game!)
Heavy AI benchmark: 44.17 s (interesting that it's a fair bit longer than Elhoim's result above, even though our light tests were comparable - probably due to my having less RAM?)

I calculated an average of three tests for both benchmarks.

Last edited:
ASUS ROG laptop from 2014
i7-4700
16gb RAM
GeForce 880m

Light AI benchmark: 8,65
Heavy AI benchmark: 59,23

Just ordered a new MSI Titan laptop, with 8750 and GTX1070, should speed up things a bit.

Hi all, this thread is very usefull. I was wondering if i needed to upgrade my computer then i saw your benchmarks and i changed my mind and will keep my comp and upgrade later.

Here is my conf : i5 3470, GTX 970, 8Gig of RAM and an SSD drive of course
Graphic ultra :
frame rate : 20ms (that's 50FPS)
AI : 8,5 sec/turn
Graphic minimum :
frame rate : 8ms (that's 125FPS)
AI : 8 sec/turn

I was planning to upgrade to a i5 9600K with 16Gig of RAM but seeing Elhoim results i won't spend 500$ for almost nothing :)

Great thread, thanks all.

ps> heavy AI test is around 50 sec/turn on graphic ultra and 45 sec/turn in graphic minimum

Hey there, just leaving here my little report

Ryzen 5 2600
2x16gb Kingston
SSD Samsung 970
RTX 2070

Ultra settings overall running 75hz with vsync on @1440p

Light AI test: 8,30 average.
Heavy AI test: 37.53 average

Top Bottom