Pre-ChaNES: Into the Void

Intrude: Wrong. It was occupied, after a coup and invasion in which Indonesia installed itself there, during which 100,000 to 200,000 civilians died, and finally a process by which Indonesia could extricate itself was worked out between Indonesia, Portugal, and America--with Indonesia's cooperation, I might add.

You both fail at describing history, and in avoiding repeating its mistakes, apparently. :p Well anyway, enjoy the inevitable guerilla war and wrath of the West and most of the rest of the world.

OOC: I was reading that on wiki and it seemed the extraction process wasn't really with Indonesia's cooperation because it resulted in another 50,000-60,000 civilian casualties as the Indonesian army reacted badly to the results of the pleblocite that said East Timor didn't want to be part of their nation. Or are you considering it that part of the pre-extraction process?

Intrude: Does it matter? That really just goes to prove what a terribly bad idea it is. "Hey, guys, we're coming back to occupy you again! Remember how fun the party was last time we were here? P.S. America and everyone else: thbbbbbppppttt!!!"

CNN recommends to all tourists thinking of going to Jakarta: don't.

Intrude: Does it matter? That really just goes to prove what a terribly bad idea it is. "Hey, guys, we're coming back to occupy you again! Remember how fun the party was last time we were here? P.S. America and everyone else: thbbbbbppppttt!!!"

CNN recommends to all tourists thinking of going to Jakarta: don't.

OOC: Yes, it probably is a bad idea. However, it is something the Islamic Confederation believes necessary to show its equal status to the other superpowers.

The Islamic Confederation should not show violence.

IT is a rule in the Quaran:

Do Not Opress,

But do not be Opressed.

After confirming that the planet Asgard is not home to a species of flesh-eating bacteria, I'm confirming my status as Valhalla's governor.

The Islamic Confederation should not show violence.

IT is a rule in the Quaran:

Do Not Opress,

But do not be Opressed.

This is an instance where it is more important to show we cannot and will not be oppressed by the United States and the other world powers than to necessarily not oppress a group of people. In our opinion, the small group of people on Timor are less important than all of the peoples of the Islamic Confederation, who will swiftly be oppressed if we do not show a strong hand when it comes to other nations interfering in our internal affairs.

Spoiler stats :
Chinese 021-047
System Rank: Inhospitable
Army Deployment: 20 Divisions
Navy Deployment: 1 Destroyer (Gong Zheng)
Population: 2
Planets (Economy): Kua Fu (+1)
Infrastructure: Decent
Safety & Health: Secure
Patriotism: Content
Overview: Though 021-047 is a rather minor system in and of itself, its strategic position is significant. The Chinese have expanded to it for this reason, and their settlement there has gotten quite large, quite fast.

I express interest as Governor of Chinese Kua Fu if niklas will accept my humble request though I'm afraid I will change the name if my application is accepted :(

And I'll need niklas or you Chand to take sometime out of your busy lives to bring me up to speed on the conditions and what I'm allowed to do/not allowed to do.

Notice I said DO NOT BE OPRESSED. THat is an important part. IF Al Qaida had attacked after the US invaded, it would have been justified by the Quaran and rules. However, what they did is unacceptable. You are not allowed to opress. But you have every reason to defend your self from being opressed. I know this sounds confusing, but bear with me.

Fuschia: Can I get a position as a governor in the Islamic Confederation?

Notice I said DO NOT BE OPRESSED. THat is an important part. IF Al Qaida had attacked after the US invaded, it would have been justified by the Quaran and rules. However, what they did is unacceptable. You are not allowed to opress. But you have every reason to defend your self from being opressed. I know this sounds confusing, but bear with me.

It makes perfect sense. That particular part of the Quaran has, however, been very flexible in the past. We could easily reason such a vague rule into supporting our actions in Timor.

Fuschia: Can I get a position as a governor in the Islamic Confederation?

This is certainly a possibility, as no one else seems to have presented any interest at all. Unless someone else does in the next day or so, you will get the position; if they do, I will have to flip a coin or something. ;)

Well, hopefully i have more insight into the ways of the Quaran than a lot of people here. (No one specifically.)

I am definately interested and since alex took the best available Chinese governorship, I would like to tentatively claim super duper interest on the next Chinese governorship that becomes available. Maybe 009-108? :mischief:

IF Al Qaida had attacked after the US invaded, it would have been justified by the Quaran and rules.

lurker's comment: I do not claim to have reliable knowledge of the Quran, but I'm pretty sure that attacks on non-combatants were strictly forbidden, Jihad or no Jihad.

Well the Quaran hasn't exactly been a helpful factor in preventing violence.

Neither has the Torah or Bible.

I do not seem to recall any other books that had, to any more appreciable effect than this. ;)

Fushicia I though you had repented of all the mistakes Indonesia had made and were going to make it a true democracy reconciling the deferent ethnic minorities to your government. This current invasion sounds like an exact repeat of the old government policies that caused massive dissent and unrest in indonesia. Also didn't you say something about including the Chinese business men in your government? If you did then they wouldn't be for the conquering and oppressing of a ethnic and religious minority because that could easily be turned on them.

I recommend the deployment of UN peace-keepers and the withdrawal of American troops from the island, otherwise this will probably end up being a nuclear war.

Not that I object to seeing Java and the East Coast reduced to radioactive slag, I don't think it'd be fun for their respective players.

Not that I object to seeing Java and the East Coast reduced to radioactive slag, I don't think it'd be fun for their respective players.
Intrude: If fiction goes anything like reality, it will be much, much more one-sided than that... ;)

Fushicia I though you had repented of all the mistakes Indonesia had made and were going to make it a true democracy reconciling the deferent ethnic minorities to your government. This current invasion sounds like an exact repeat of the old government policies that caused massive dissent and unrest in indonesia. Also didn't you say something about including the Chinese business men in your government? If you did then they wouldn't be for the conquering and oppressing of a ethnic and religious minority because that could easily be turned on them.

All true. But this is the Islamic Confederation, not Indonesia. Indonesia has yet to release an official stance, as it is, I would suppose, now and NPC rather than a PC. The Islamic Confederation is much different from Indonesia because nations like Syria, Egypt, and Pakistan get an equal say in what is done, therefore making this a very reasonable stance for the organization as a whole.

That being said, I expected Indonesia, being an NPC, to reject to such a stance and simply allow UN forces there but reject United States forces.

I recommend the deployment of UN peace-keepers and the withdrawal of American troops from the island, otherwise this will probably end up being a nuclear war.

The Islamic Confederation is against the deployment of United Nations troops anywhere within its borders, as they are nothing but an American puppet. We would not be adverse, however, to allowing Chinese and European Union troops in to protect the peace if they so wish.

Intrude: If fiction goes anything like reality, it will be much, much more one-sided than that...

If it ever moved on to a nuclear scale, I would predict something along the lines of a world-wide nuclear holocaust. The Islamic Confederation has more than enough nukes to devastate, if not completely destroy, the United States; the United States has enough nukes to keep up a one-day nuclear bombardment of every location within the Islamic Confederation. The fact is, the Islamic Confederation is such a large organization that nuking the entirety of it would have adverse effects to everyone, so I would suggest that the European Union and China intervene just a little to try and prevent it (see above paragraph).

Top Bottom