Pre-Invitation to a long-term, epic, huge roleplaying game

Guys, I am sorry I was late in setting it up, but it was a whole 13 minutes late from when I said I would be. The game didn't register its 18th player (classical_hero) until something like 16-18 hours after that.

Whiplash, you were able to get in and registered regardless, did you not?

ToxoXI -- I will make an exception in your case then; please PM me with your email address and the username you will be using for your Civ Leader. I will manually set up your forum account and reserve a spot for you. If you have a leader/civ preference already picked out, send me that as well.

Sorry Cap - I was in the air by the time you posted this. I see the game is full. Oh well. Have fun! :goodjob:

Sonnybonds -- a position has opened up for De Gaulle -- please check your email and/or PM from your www.chaosciv.com account for details. Let me know if you are interested ASAP.

If I don't hear from you within 24 hours, the offer will be passed along to ToxoXI.

ToxoXI--sorry the timing didn't work out in this case. I hope your trip to Tibet was enjoyable at least! If/when an opening arises, you are next in line, if you still want it. :)

Yes - I want to hear about the trip to Tibet! Where did you go, and if an organized tour, who did you book with? :) (research!)

Waiting .....:)

JM - the trip was great - but somewhat physically demanding as result of the altitude. Don't underestimate the affect of altitude sickenss on us lowlanders.

The trip was booked through Intrepid Travel (via an adventure travel agent in Ottawa), who then hooked up with Royal Mountain Tours in Nepal.

Flew to Kathmandu, Nepal. Spent a few days there, then started with the tour (fabulous Nepalese tour guide and 14 travellers). Flew to Lhasa, Tibet via Air China (and saw Everest sticking up through the late monsoon clouds). Spent 5 days in Lhasa getting used to the altitude and seeing the various sites (Chokang Monastery, Potala Palace, Drepung Monastery, Sera Monastery, Ganden Monastery, and the Norbalinka (summer palace) (and apologies for any spelling errors). Then boarded 4 Toyota Landcruisers (4x4) for the overland trip to Gyantse (fort and Kumbum), Shigatse (A monastery and the Tashilhunpo Palace), Sakya, and on to Everest Base camp (5200m). Stayed in tents hosted by locals at Everest; had a beautiful evening, night and morning with lots of pictures. Quite an awe inspiring site. The 3 hour trek into base camp and back out again to the Friendship Highway (using the term Highway loosely here) was very much overland, and rough, and at times exhilirating. Thank god for good vehicles and superb drivers.

Then drove through to Zhangmu (through a very deep gorge at night - had to travel at night due to road construction. Road was equally rough as the Yak track to Everest). Crossed the friendship bridge back into Nepal on foot, and boarded a bus back to Khatmandu.

Took over 1000 pictures, and had a fabulous time. Altitude sickness took its toll on the Mrs and me, despite using Diamox (prescription drugs for altitude).

The Trip is called Tibet Unplugged and can be found on the Intrepid Website (www dot dot intrepidtravel dot dot com).

We went the Tibet route to base camp as the couple we travelled with, she is a school teacher, so the trip had to be in July and August. This is the monsoon season, so the Nepalese side was out of the question. In fact, one day in Kathmandu, we hiked out into the valley some 20 k, to a vantage point for seeing Everest, and all was cloud and fog.

As to cost - pretty reasonable all things considered. There was the cost of the trip through Intrepid, air fare (10 years worth of accumulating aeroplan points :) ), and then about another $2300 US per couple (that included sights, all meals, souvenirs, gifts, etc, and the odd bottle of Johnnie "Worker" Scotch - the Chinese rip off of the real stuff.)

Sonnybonds has taken the spot. If/When any other spots open, you have first chance at them now, ToxoXI.

Sounds like you had one heck of an awesome trip! When are you going to post some of those photos? :)

Sonnybonds has taken the spot. If/When any other spots open, you have first chance at them now, ToxoXI.

Understood. In fact, Toni Karayanev and I will be tag-teaming with his civ, so I am good. Thanks.

Chaos and Civ II

Congratulations to Levgree for winning a Space Race victory at 1710 AD. My hat's off to all of the excellent players who joined us--those who survived and those who didn't quite make it. It ended up being a very enjoyable and unpredictable game even to the final turns.

The epic Role-playing Civ game Chaos and Civility I has successfully completed, after 10 awesome months!

Interested in joining us for Chaos and Civility II?

Then let us know! We are going to be using a mod to increase the maximum number of players beyond 18 (mod is available for download here).

This is a great opportunity for you to join a stable, long-term Civ game with a focus on RP. The previous game lasted ten months (ending today) with very little downtime (measurable in HOURS, not DAYS).

The site is not sending me a registration email(and yes i have checked junk mail).

Hi Oyzar,

It looks like you are using Hotmail; very likely the activation email is being eaten by spam filters (there are two levels of spam filtering; one for "possible spam" which is what ends up in your bulk email folder, and one for "definite spam" which gets auto-deleted). Hotmail and Yahoo are notoriously aggressive with false-positives, or mislabeled email. You might consider changing to gmail.com which is generally much better with their filters.

In any case, I've activated your account manually, though you may find that your forum subscription emails will also be filtered, if you stick with Hotmail.

Welcome to Chaos and Civility! :)

You are right.. the mod does include solvers changes...

Yes, it's a mod which includes his changes, if I'm not mistaken. From my understanding, the only difference is that this one permits colonies to be formed.

Nah, there are a boatload of AI changes, quite some changes to colleteral(although not before very late in the game) and spies now longer get caught in vassals' masters territory... None of this is going to matter for our game though...

Looks like there is still room, so I have submitted my application in the Chaos forum (what is "Civility" anyway ... ?).

dV

Top Bottom