• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

pre-SKNES

About the update:
I do not understand why "war" had any such a total effect on my missionary work? Since when do missionaries not function in time of war? Its not in the rules nor in reality, so at least give me back some of my economy? It was entirely spent on missionary and you just rubbed it off with "there was war so it failed". Uh? Failed why? The missionaries were killed? Returned? Weren't even allowed to enter? If its the latter two some of the economy spent should return...

Sorry, I saw this, then forgot to respond.
I had always thought that in times of war, missionary work ceased because it was too dangerous, especially if the missionaries were coming from a third party.
If this is not the case, I'll give you that 1 EP back.

Sorry, I saw this, then forgot to respond.
I had always thought that in times of war, missionary work ceased because it was too dangerous, especially if the missionaries were coming from a third party.
If this is not the case, I'll give you that 1 EP back.
1 is great :)

As for the idea. I think missionaries should have double the influence in times of war, when everyone are looking for god, and if someone is there to offer him... Best time to be a missionary ;)

I assume than that my economy is 4+ this 1, so 5 (and the tithes I'll collect this turn).

1 is great :)

As for the idea. I think missionaries should have double the influence in times of war, when everyone are looking for god, and if someone is there to offer him... Best time to be a missionary ;)

I assume than that my economy is 4+ this 1, so 5 (and the tithes I'll collect this turn).

Yes, you'd have 5.

I disagree. People are too worried about defense for religious conversions to take place. Furthermore when a city is sacked missionaries are also victimized.

I'm still thinking about that; I'll get back to y'all.

Unrelated, but would it help anyone if I went on #nes more often?

It'd help out if you had a AIM screen name.

Are you ever on?

He's not. :p

Also, it's a good idea to at least act a little bit in character. Just my $0.02.

HRE Kids check the Social group :)

@SouthernKing
I'm sorry, but I think I'm going to quit this NES. It's fun, and you're probably the most reliable Mod I've played under, but I feel like I don't have the time to fully invest right now.
I may try to find a NPC to re-join with if this continues into the summer.

@SouthernKing
I'm sorry, but I think I'm going to quit this NES. It's fun, and you're probably the most reliable Mod I've played under, but I feel like I don't have the time to fully invest right now.
I may try to find a NPC to re-join with if this continues into the summer.

Sorry to see you go, but I understand.
Thanks for the compliments though.

OOC: Of course, when I write out my atrocities actions I get backlash. In character that is the only story you will find: god smited them. All the Catholics are told that at Mass, the surviving Forn Sidr were told that when they wondered what happened. The Soldiers were told that they are the instruments of God's Smiting; if you asked if they are involved they will say that their prayers are involved, bu tnothing more. They are trained specifically for this job, to be done slowly and surely across the region so that the only news that can be heard is that God is smiting heathens left and right, and that there are no defense. Only the most radical are terminated, so I shouldn't have problems with how many there are: if there are 3 households, we kill three. If there are 50 and we cna only handle five, we handle five.

:p, I would totally expect counter orders or something like "Forn Sidr faithful arm yourselves!" but unless there is some other justification other than my stories, than it would be totally OOC knowledge. I could have kept it all secret and sneaky sneaky, but I wanted to show off and improve the culture of this NES.

I'll deal with everything tomorrow. I've been feeling a bit sick the last couple of days, and I haven't really been up to housekeeping this NES.
I haven't forgot about this, don't worry.

Top Bottom