Predictions for 2015

Nikolai II

King
These are my (extremely glum) predictions for the coming year. What are yours?

(1) IS will gain foothold and continue their ethnic and religious cleansing. The West will not intervene in any meaningful way.

(2) Turkey will continue its slow descent into authoritanism and Islamism.

(3) Israel will get into another semi war with its neighbours.

(4) Russia will continue its slow empiralism.

(5) The EU will get into a crisis that will either mean consolidation or "shelling" of some of its members.

(6) Star Wars VII will turn out be surprisingly good.

(7) Obama will continue to be extremely divisive, and end up forcing through decrees to try to make headway in the direction he wishes.

(8) Oil prices will rise sharply due to the spread of violence in the Middle East.

(9) One or more major natural disasters will again shock the world.

(10) The Middle East will see new and surprising political alliances emerge.

(11) Mexico's problems with the cartels will escalate to the point of civil war or coup.

(12) China's economical growth will slow down considerably, but their influence elsewhere will continue to grow.

I actually suspect we will see a form of alliance form between Iran and Turkey. Perhaps not this year, but some time it will happen. Turkey want influence in the ME, so does Iran. I think some kind of uneasy alliance will form at one point. Saudi arabia is Arabic, both the others have problems with Arabians historically. Iran also due to sunni/shia divide.

(1) The U.S. economy will flounder, either remaining stagnate or dropping into a shallow recession. The same can be said for the economies of the EU, of Russia and of Japan.

(2) This year, although China will get into a few tussles, it will still not get into an all-out shooting war.

(3) ISIL will lose massive amounts of territory.

(4) Obama's initiative to move towards normal relations with Cuba will succeed despite GOP resistance (e.g. an embassy will be established in Havana despite GOP threats not to fund it). Any attempt to lift the embargo will fail.

(5) Venezuela will change governments to one which is much more friendly with the U.S.

(6) If a terrorist attack is carried out on U.S. soil, it will be by a lone wolf (or a very small domestic cell, e.g. the Boston Marathon bombing). Nothing like 9/11 will happen.

(7) Assad will be forcibly ejected from office.

(8) Star Wars VII will be the biggest box office success of the year.

Will they ever open to my proposal to introduce Calvinball, or they'll just watch a Congress hearing?

Oil prices will continue to crash for a while, damaging the fracking industry, and will spike once they are mostly out of business.

Solar/wind will slow in demand before rapidly accelerating.

Israel will kill an American civilian.

The KKK will be deemed a domestic terrorist organization.

Kurdistan will pass a resolution for independence, which will be respected by Iraq.

Louisiana will elect someone less insane than Jindal.

Kansas will be insolvent for the year.

I think that 2016 is a good year for a massive world war :)

R16 will do good to recall again that red tree prophecy :mischief:

PS: No, R16, it is R16, not r16. And R=20 in the language of the ancient conspiracy you are unwillingly part of and echoing and will pick up pace soon :)

A celebrity will die from drug abuse at age of 27.

So true. Skrillex or Rihanna?

My predictions:
Ethiopia's Grand Renaissance Dam due to finish in 2017 gets more complex with Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopia, non state actors and Saudi Arabia all involved with China in the background. Sabotage attempted.

Jordan's water crisis causes internal conflict and ISIS activity. Air strikes begin.

California gets El Niño helping drought conditions. Mudslides destroy Malibu homes.

Social Security disability funding debate hits mainstream as the fund is on track to reduce benefits 80%.

Ruble (62.67/$1) reaches 54/$1 at some point this year.

Sanctions are loosened on Iran. Oil prices drop.

Windows 10 is released. No one wants to use it.

Carteret Islands are abandoned by humans. Sad day for humanity.

Queen Elizabeth II lives past Sept. 9th to become the longest reigning monarch in Britain. The women continue their reign of terror.

Eurasian Union formed. Dugin's master plan on track.

Trans-Pacific Partnership goes through. Clinton and dems distance themselves from Obama.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Things will happen.

I'll also win the Clairvoyant of the Year reward.

I foresee that in 2015, a Bulgarian known to be a troublemaker and a fan of Fallout performs dissappointlingly in the Clairvoyant of Year rewards, having become a runner up.

Skrillex or Rihanna?

Why not both?

Really, your go-to examples for celebrity drug addicts are Rihanna and Skrillex?

Really, your go-to examples for celebrity drug addicts are Rihanna and Skrillex?

Got any better 27 year olds because 27 is THE age musicians take themselves out. Adele? Jessie J? Big Sean?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/27_Club

I'm posting predictions so Godwynn (who I will have lunch with next week btw) can skewer my picks.

Got any better 27 year olds because 27 is THE age musicians take themselves out. Adele? Jessie J? Big Sean?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/27_Club

I'm posting predictions so Godwynn (who I will have lunch with next week btw) can skewer my picks.

No, I don't expect any particular 27-year-old celebrity to die from drugs. Were you expecting Philip Seymour Hoffman to die that way? What 46-year-old actor are you expecting to die from drug abuse? Because 46 is THE age actors take themselves out.

Man, there are some high-risk ones here, like the Mexico coup, Eurasian Union, or the independent and recognized Kurdistan.

I've never heard of the 46 club but the 27 club has plenty of huge names on it.

Top Bottom