Preview: ICNES II: A New Order

Icmancin

WSNR Pte
ICNES II: A New Order

Rules

Just read 'em. When yer done, you can post.

Setting

This is set in an altered version of history. During the Six Years War[1] many things happened that would later have a massive affect on the planet. An Austrian victory at Leuthan was the first of said happenings which changed the course of the European front for the next few years. Prussia lay ultimately defeated as Austrians and Russians drank their beer and slept with their women in Berlin. Prussia was forced to accept heart breaking terms which would limit her for eternity. Frederick could not bear it. He commit suicide just hours after signing the Treaty of Danzig in 1760.

In North America the war continued still. French victory, Briitsh victory there seemed to be no end in sight. But the British invaded Louisbourg capturing, suffering more losses than intended due to an unexplained surge of French patriotism and the fact they attacked with a smaller force than they would've liked. The French victory at the Bay of Quiberon was a large factor in this and it would have a lasting effect. Especially when the British attacked Quebec. The small French naval force put up a steady fight but was ultimately doomed. However, Montcalm kept a hold of himself. He was not known to make premature actions ad this would be no different.

Amid the diesease and famine inside the city Motcalm stood strong. He played his cards successfully. His force, although larger, was not well trained and since the British invaded in June they would not have brough Winter supplies. By November, the interior of Quebec was in ruins; diesease, hunger and wreckage obstructed the Quebecoise will to continue. But Montcalm rallied them and he would not give in. It would be over soon he reasoned. And amazingly, it was.

In November the Quebec Winter began. The frost, diesease and lack of supplies made the British abandon their goal of Quebec. They swallowed their pride and sailed back to Europe. But they left 2 000 behind, dead in the snow. Dead of return fire from cannon and snipers and from scury and frost. The French cheered and rallied to Montcalm's side. The French had won in Europe and they were going to extend that to the Americas.

Emboldened by her successes Spain joined her side soon after. Louisbourg as retaken. The Mi'kmaq in Acadia began a campaign, a pro-French campaign and soon enough Acadien, Quebecois and Mi'kmaq militia had reclaimed Acadie. But the next phase soon began as the Thirteen Colonies themselves came under attack. The Spaniards in the south began border skirmishes and General Lévis moved out from Montréal and into America. The end was in sight.

And thus the Treaty of Bordeaux is signed. Britain has given France her former possesions back, Spain has taken British ones and France has some of he English colonies and India. This power shift which has brought France and Spain up/Britain down has opened a new field of contest. A New Order has begun. Not Prussian or British. A New Order has begun with no decisive leader. Yet.

[1] Originally Seven Years War but ended a year earlier than in OTL.

Introduction

ICNES I was great. It was unrealistic but that is what I thought kept it going... and killed it at the same time. Sooner than expected I posted a preview for a very inaccurate NES that was to be my second. Well, I modified it A LOT, gave it a new name and here we are. I was planning on a 1900 NES but Symphony D. is currently working on converting the map (I think) so I decided to do this instead. This will only start after July 29th because I get home from camp on the 28th and I will be in no mood to start NESing right away.

There are a few nations. Quite a few. So I can have a lot of people and a lot of plots that can make the updates take a while. But I'll try it. After ICNES I, I'm nearly ready for anything. But not really.

Have fun!

This timeline show the main events of the Six Year's War and the important events that follow into 1764.

Spoiler Timeline :

May- Great Britain declares war on France, French victory at Minorca
August- Prussian armies cross into Saxony
October- Prussian army victorious against the Austrians in the Battle of Lobostiz

May- Narrow Prussian victory at Prague. Schwerin and Winterfeldt killed in the action. Frederick orders retreat.
June- Austrians under Daun defeat Prussians at Kolin, lifting seige of Prague. Austrians advance from Bohemia towards Prussia.
August- French capture Fort illiam Henry from the British
September- British attempt to assault Rochefort but abandon the plan
November- Prussian victory at Rossbach. However, Prussian lose a significant amount of men.
December- Austrians victorious at Leuthan, after catching wind of the real Prussian attack plan.

February- Austro-Saxon armies retake Saxony from the Prussians. Fierce fighting occurs as the Prussians attempt to counter-attack into Bohemia
June- French victory at Krefeld. French march across the Rhine, British fail at Cancalle Bay
July- French crush British at Ticonderoga
August- Slim victory by the Russians at Zorndorf, Austrians push into Silesia, British raid Cherbourg
September- French beat off the British at St. Cast and Fort Duquesne, in North America
October- Prussian victory at the counter-attack at Bautzen

June-July- French fight to the death at Lousibourg, but lose the Fortress; Seige of Quebec begins
July- Prussians crushed at the Battle of Kay. Russians charge Prussian positions over whelming them; French lose at Fort Niagra
August- French defeat at Minden, Austrians retake Bautzen, massive Prussian defeat at Kundersdorf
September- Stalemate in Silesia
November- Austro-Russian force begins seige of Berlin; Snow begins to fall in Quebec; narrow French victory at Quiberon
December- British begin aborting the seige as supply runs low and diesease runs rampant. The situation is the same in the city itself, but Montcalm orders to stand-fast

January- Russians help Austrians relieve Silesia; British have retreated from Quebec, suffering some two thousand dead by diesease and frost
March- Swedes capture much of Pomerania
April- Austro-Russians capture Berlin, Hannoverians defeat French at the Rhine but do not cross it
May- Spain declares war on Britain, France rallies soldiers in New France and retakes Louisbourg, albeit with heavy losses
July- Prussian Army surrenders
August- Hannoverians defeated at the Rhine, Hannoverians surrender due to Prussian surrender
September- Treaty of Danzig: Prussia and Hannover partitioned: Saxony receives Prussian land south of them and hannover, Swedes receive Prussian Pomerania, Russians take East Prussia and some of Western Prussia, Austrians take Silesia. Saxony recognized as a Kingdom
November- Skirmishes along the Spanish-Briitsh colonial borders, some 29 British killed, French move towards mainland Acadia

January- French army under General Lévis attacks New England from Montréal; makes some headway. Austria cedes Belgium to the Wittelsbachs in the Palatinate in return for Bavaria.
March- Small Spanish Army advances from Florda into the thirteen colonies
April- Stalemate in mainland Acadia
June- Stalemate is broken by Mi'kmaq warriors joining the fray on the French side. The Palatinate (with Austrian backing) annexes future Wesphalia.
October- British Army leaves Guyana. Spanish are surprised as they had no intention of an attack there, but capture the colony after the British blunder.
December- Acadia recaptured. General Lévis halts his advance. Spanish become bogged down.

February- Negotiaitons for peace begin.
May- Treaty of Bordeaux: French regain Acadia and hold onto New France. British forced to cede some land from the Thirteen Colonies to France and a small piece to Spain. Spain holds British Guyana. France reclaims the Hudson Bay area save for Islands within the Bay which remain British. France regain her sugar trade Islands in the carribean; Spain annexes British carribean islands. British retains Newfoundland. Britain cedes Gibraltar back to Spain. France regains her Indian colonies.

November- Russia comences annexation of Polish Commonwealth. Poland-Lithuania fall apart as Russians converge from two directions.
December- Austrians hastily join the war

February- Poland-Lithuania ceases to exist. Galicia ceded to Austria while Russia consumes the rest

Players, stories, orders, NPCs, barbarians, updates, map, countries

Players - unlimited. Please only join if you trully have the time to PARTICIPATE, and that doesn't simply mean telling me to "grow economy" at every turn.

Stories - not necessary, but very encouraged. For good (and FULL-LENGTH, i.e. two-three lines will not be considered one) stories, I will give out story bonuses (but not as generous as in ITNES I). Don't forget that stories create atmosphere like nothing else (apart from good, precise, in-depth updates perhaps, but that's not my specialty I'm afraid).

Orders - orders in a list. Ideally, they should be precise and easily-understandable, because I'll have to deal with lots of them; naturally, they will probably be quite long anyway because you people rarely trust your buerocrats and generals for some reason. In democratic and other councillary forms of government (such as Feudalism), you'll have to take the opinion of your council into account; sometimes, depending on your nation's constitution, it might even take matters into its own hands altogether. This, by the way, is one of the reasons for you to send orders a day before the deadline, so that I have time to inform you if the council disapproves of any parts of your orders; the other reason is that it just makes things easier for me. Oh, and note that some of the actions you order might inadvertly have sideeffects, positive or negative.

NPCs - lol, considering they’re NPC, I will play them, kinda. Same as the NPCs in all other NESes of late. Some will roll over rather easily, some will be harder to fight than PCs...

Barbarians - as not all of the world is civilized yet (most is), the barbarians will be there. Not innovatively, they will be light gray and have no stats. They will have their names written on them, unless I forget to do that. And many of them are likely to attack you and try to eat you; others only want to be left alone, and when somebody tries to change that they will... well, they'll try to eat whoever tries that too. The barbarians are NOT to be underestimated, some of them could bring out a horde of ferocious warriors five times larger then your army (okay, maybe not).

Updates - Updates on Saturday. If I get orders soon enough I can update on a Friday which was the case for most of the ICNES I updates. I live in Atlantic Canada (GMT -4) so try to get updates by noon Friday so I can start the update that night and have it up Saturday or Sunday.

Map - I will use the current version of the collectively-improved "Jason map". I will put in cities (black circles), fortifications (line of black squares) and rebellion areas (dark gray area within nations). A capital is a city with white borders; an economic center is a city with red borders (a capital economic center will have a combination of the two). I must thank Insane_Panda for posting a preview of his map in his preview thread. I thank you SO much! Half this map is a modified version of it. Thanks a bunch!

Countries - pick a NPC or start a rebellion or just clamour incessantly for independence (hey, it worked in OTL...). Also, please read your nation background, and don’t act uncharacteristically. There are no alliances at the start, but there are some traditional allegiences, as mentioned in the nation backgroudns; to go against these allegiences is sometimes necessary, but is almost certainly an unpopular thing to do.

NATIONAL TEMPLATE
Nation Name
Capital:
Ruler:
Government:
Centralization:
Tech. Level:
Army (Training):
Navy (Training):
Economy:
Treasury:
Size (points required):
Leadership (Military/Civilian): /
Infrastructure:
Education:
Living Standards:
Culture:
Confidence:
Projects:
Nation Background:

Government

Government - is your form of government. Now note that I DON’T want the “Sheep2’s [insert nation ever played by Sheep2 in a non-Fresh Start NES here]” syndrome in this NES. You are free to change your government, and explain it how ever do you want, but that can piss off followers of the previous governments, and might lead to nation-wide riots, or even a civil war. Also, keep it historical. That is, you could invent your own government, but it must make sense for YOUR nation of THAT time. You could consult me about that.

Centralization

This is one of the most important issues of politics historically and today. A centralized state is, on one hand, more stable, and can command its resources more efficiently; but, on the other hand, it is very vulnerable to attacks on the center and is unlikely to be popular among the various minorities, whereas a decentralized state is less stable, less united, but is harder to destroy from within and indeed is more defendable.

You usually (barring random events or unforeseen consequences of your actions) could change your centralization "slider" once per turn, and ofcourse only move forward or backward a level. However, do know that changes are unlikely to be welcomed by those who like the way things are AND ofcourse those who want to move in the opposite direction...

League-Loose Confederation-Confederation-Loose Federation-Federation-Tight Federation-Unitary with Exceptions-Unitary-Uberunitary-More Unitary-Overcentralized

Technology Level

Will use the age system. It is the same as in other NESes of other people, ofcourse the ages are not identical. They will advance at their own pace, though nations with higher education are likelier to advance to the next age. This, for the most part, begins in Early Industrial Age, but on the bring of a breakthrough.

Also note that though I brought up analogical technologic levels of OTL, they aren't entirely identical, and ofcourse there is a chance that technology will advance faster, slower, or even in a different direction than in OTL.

Late Enlightened Age: approximate analogy in our world is 1760-1790 Europe.
Early Industrial Age: approximate analogy - 1790-1840.
Middle Industrial Age: approximate analogy - 1840-1880.
Late Industrial Age: approximate analogy - 1880-1916.

Military

That will, as of now, consist of army and navy (later to be joined by air force). These will be number-based as it gives more versatility. These will be represented in divisions and squadrons (at a later date, I might also add "capital ships" as a separate part of the navy).

What will you have in it? Anything that you can have in it, according to your tech level; if you aren't sure about something, just ask me for clarification. If you just invented some sort of a weapon, you will have to invest some money to re-equip your army/navy with it; the training will also probably drop, due to the unfamiliarity of the weapons. Each “stat-growth” will increase any part of military by 5 (however, there could be exceptions). But know that if you have too large an army, your economy will probably suffer, as will your confidence; ofcourse, both could be, sometimes, restored by succesful military campaigns, or perhaps campaigns of propaganda back at home. If you grow your military too fast, your training, and later your military leadership, will suffer.

UUs - one per nation, but can be changed at any point (though the newly-“demoted” UU units will not be happy). I will keep a list of them, somewhere. Could be land, sea, or air at a later point. They will be separated from other units in the stats. They are grown as normal units. Remember to keep them REALISTIC. If the amount of UUs exceeds the amount of regular units, they will begin to drop in quality, morale and also in loyalty as their commanders, often being rather arrogant and ambitious (hey, they aren't commanders of an elite unit for nothing), will probably try to use their power base in one way or another.

Irregulars - local militias and simple civilian population that, for whatever reasons, took up arms - most often in rebellion or to defend against an invader, though there are exceptions - they aren't good for much that isn't guerrila warfare, though they can also be a neat diversion, and professional cannon fodder. They aren't too reliable, and often are rather hard for you to control; then again, they are also best left uncontrolled - they fight even worse when away from home, and, on the other hand, if at home they'll probably know what to do better, with their knowledge of the situation and the terrain.

Training - it is done in levels. There are separate training stats for army, navy and fleet, and it is grown with eco. points. UU is assumed to be one level higher then the average training level for its branch. If your army grows too quickly, there will be a chance of training level lowering.

None-Rabble-Semi-Rabble-Tolerable-Normal-Better-Good-Very Good-Professional-Elite

Conscription will give you a certain amount of conscript divisions that you could specify if you want; ofcourse, conscription, especially in democratic countries, tends to be quite unpopular, especially the large-scale variety...

As a certain Corsican once said in OTL, an army marches on its stomach. Logistical support is necessary for any real military operations, so you will probably have to invest 1 eco. point into each such operation, whether offensive or defensive; if involving a particularily-large army (or navy), or if taking place in a difficult territory with little chances for local resupply, you might have to invest more than one eco. point. And if its a large army somewhere far away in the middle of a desert... things get interesting.

Economy

The ICNES II Economy System is really the NES2 VI Economy System except with one change.

Economy levels still play the vital role. However, the amount of economy points that you have differs from level to level (if you get a negative amount of them, I will decrease a random stat per negative point); it is also influenced by random events and by economic centers (cities that are either trade centers, industrial centers or capitals of agriculturally-rich provinces); each of the latter provides one eco. point per turn to whoever holds it at the time (i.e. if it is on occupied territory, the occupier receives the eco. point). To grow economy (i.e. to advance from one level to another), you have to a) not spend your eco. points, apart from those received from eco. centers, on anything else that turn and b) to point out what exactly are you going to do to grow it (note that eco. growth might not always be succesful, depending on what you do and how things fold out).

Eco. points could (and should) be spent on growing military, miscellanous stats (see below), logistical support for the military and on continuing projects. Speaking of the latter, you could also invest a whole eco. level into a project to speed it up by two turns.

Eco. points can be banked. They go to the treasury, where all eco goes if not used. This is where players that don't send orders have their money go, usually.

Eco. levels still could be "sacrificed", i.e. converted into 6 eco. points each. Only two eco. levels could be sacrificed per turn.

Creation of economic centers also requires the investment of at least one eco. point into some specific development programs, most of the times anyway.

Depression (-2)-Bankrupt (-1)-Recession (-1)-Very Poor (0)-Poor (0)-Not Bad (+1)-Normal (+1)-Good Enough (+2)-Growing (+2)-Rich (+3)-Very Rich (+3)-Richer (+4)-Richest (+4)-Economic Powerhouse (+5)-Monopoly (+6) (after Monopoly, you get Monopoly+x (+6+x), where x is the amount of economy levels beyond Monopoly)

Size

As proposed by Disenfrancised, though somewhat altered by das. The larger your country is, the more money you will have to spend to grow any particular stat. You could invest money into stat growth over time if your country is large enough; in that case, the stat will still increase, but only in some, probably central, parts of the country.

Small (1)-Medium (2)-Above Medium (3)-Large (4)-Huge (5)-Gargantuan (6)-Half the World (7)

Note that training and military leadership do NOT depend on the above country size. They depend on army size. You need one eco. point per a full 20 divisions to grow army training; 1 per 20 squadrons for navy training; 1 per 20 divisions OR 20 squadrons (so the total amount of eco. points needed is determined by the sum of both the divisions and the squadrons) for military leadership.

Miscellanous Stats

Those four/five stats below are all grown with eco. points, but, like with growing economy itself, you are supposed to point out what exactly you are doing.

Leadership

Whether military or civilian, leadership is an important factor. Competent military leaders will succesfully carry out plans or will even attain some successes on their own without orders; competent buerocrats will greatly help all government programs and assist the development of the land. But incompetent generals will even with the best plan stagger and blunder, while incompetent civilian administrators will embezzle funds and otherwise will be corrupt. So, this is quite crucial, and cadre preparation thus should be an important priority. Note that sometimes it is best to give specifics when growing this stat (meaning, how EXACTLY are you training your new leaders - what military doctrines should be emphasized, for instance, what stance should your buerocrats take on the various rebels, et cetera). When you expand your army radically, your military leadership will suffer; when you expand your territory, the civilian one will.

None-Imbecile-Moronic-Stupid-Incompetent-Barely Tolerable-Tolerable-Competent-Better-Good-Brilliant

Infrastructure

Roads, bridges, boats - all things used for transportation of goods and men - are listed under infrastructure. The higher is your infrastructure, the easier it is to move your (or enemy) troops across your territory; also, infrastructure could sometimes slightly grow economic benefits from trade centers, and it is a must for maintenance of a high culture level in large empires, as well as actually maintaining your grip on faraway provinces.

None-Dirt Paths-Pathetic-Barely Tolerable-Tolerable-Improving-Good-Efficient-Very Efficient-Great-Excellent

Education

This is just how your people are... educated, I guess. Obvious enough. With a good education, you have better chances of receiving a “miraculous invention”. You could design better walls and siege engines, and ships for that matter, with higher education. The higher education, the more chances you have to develop some technology.

Once someone reaches Enlightenment education, he becomes much more likely to reach the next age as soon as it becomes possible at all. When he does, he loses two education levels.

None-Dumb-Illiterate-Tolerable-Literate-Educated-Well Educated-Perfect-Academic-Enlightenment

Living Standards

This is pretty simple. The higher your living standards are, the happier your population is; the lower, the tougher it is, because of the tougher life. Living standards drop easily, due to economic weakness and war; they are raised as any other economic stats are raised, but the more they are raised the more greedy your people get for more. To create a classic revolutionary situation, raise the living standards somewhat and then neglect them and let them drop.

None-Slums-Very Low-Low-Barely Tolerable-Tolerable-Normal-Higher-Very High-Splendid

Culture

NOTE: NO LONGER CAN BE GROWN BY ECONOMY DIRECTLY.

This is how culturally strong, patriotic and unified your nation is. A nation with strong patriotism is less likely to fall into a civil war, and it’s people would resist most invaders and otherwise help their government. This also influences army morale. A nation with weak patriotism is unlikely to be as resistant to outside threats, there will often be rebellions and defections.

None-Divided-Untrusting-Average-Strongly Cultured-Devoted-Patriotic-Hyperpatriotic-Jingoist-Uberpatriotic

Confidence

NOTE: NO LONGER CAN BE GROWN BY ECONOMY DIRECTLY.

People can be fiercely unified and patriotic, but they will not necessarily like their ruler - in fact, a strongly
cultured nation with little confidence in its leaders can, in its cultural unity, lynch the rulers and fire their remains from cannons. Into the huge pot filled with boiled sharks. Not that the rulers will care by then...

Lynching-Hateful-Resentful-Barely Tolerating-Tolerating-Respecting-Admiring-Loving-Nation Personified

Investments

Wait! There is even more stuff you could waste your treasury on! Particularily, you could invest it, in the form of eco. points, into all sorts of programs - for example, you could invest them into the development of some technology (NOTE - it MUST be something conceivable for this time. You probably will have to consult me about this too... :sigh: ), though the success will depend not just on the amount of money invested, but also on your education level and on chance. Sometimes it could take quite a while. Or maybe you could invest it into a colonial venture. Or into some nice idea that you have, such as a jungle-clearing program that might increase infrastructure, and, in long-term, economy. This is also one of the few ways you could increase culture and confidence using money.

Note - in no case is success - or, at least, complete success - guaranteed. But its possible.

Detirioration

Over time, all your stats will detiriorate. This can be sped up by many factors, such as war, rebellion, neglect, low economy (not just with a minus eco. point, though the lower the "better"), et cetera. You could delay this by investing money into maintaining your current stats, the more money the less your stats will detiriorate.

Projects

Local equivalent of wonders (that name is inappropriate in most NESes, as these are often modernization programs, national revival and other PROJECTS, not just huge and magnificent buildings). You tell me what it does, I tell you how long do you build it. You will have to invest an eco. point once each turn for the work on the project to continue You can sacrifice an econ. level to speed it up by THREE turns, or invest 2 additional eco. points to speed it up by one more turn. Note that there is a limit - you can only invest one eco. level per turn, and accordingly only 6 extra eco. points per turn. The exact time it takes to build a project will depend on too many factors to list here.

Nation Background

To better fit in as the ruler of your country, you will have a brief history of each country here.

Nation List

Spoiler Nations :
French Empire (Applicants: silver2039)
Spanish Empire (Applicants: Cuivienen, Israelite9191)
Great Britain (Applicants: JosefStalinator, Wubba360, silver2039)
Kingdom of Prussia
Habsburg Empire of Austria (Applicants:tommy_toon)
Empire of all the Russias (Applicants: Alex994, silver2039, Israelite9191))
Ottoman Empire (Reserved by KrimzonStriker)
Most Serene Republic of Venice
Portugeuse Empire (Reserved by JosefStalinator, Swissempire)*
Republic of the Seven United Netherlands (Reserved by Wubba360)
Duchy of Baden
Duchy of Wurttemburg
Kingdom of Saxony
Palatinate of the Rhine (Reserved by The Farow)
Duchy of Hesse-Kassel
Duchy of Hesse-Darmstadt
Duchy of Nassau
Duchy of Saxe-Weimar
Duchy of Mecklenburg
Most Serene Republic of Genoa
Kingdom of Sardinia-Piedmont
Duchy of Milan
Papal States
Duchy of Modena
Duchy of Parma
Kingdom of the Two Sicilies
Empire of Fez and Morocco
Beylik of Tunisia (Ottoman Dependency)
Beylik of Tripoli (Ottoman Dependency)
Beylik of Algeria (Ottoman Dependency)
Kingdom of Denmark-Norway (Reserved by tommy_toon)
Kingdom of Sweden (Reserved by Azale)
Empire of Kanem-Bornu
Bambara Empire
Kingdom of Abysinnia
Kingdom of Merina
Kingdom of Kartl-Kahketi
Khanate of Azerbaijan
Zand Shahdom of Persia (South)
Safavid Shahdom of Persia (North) (Reserved by Alex994)
Sultanate of Oman
Khanate of Afghanistan
Khanate of Pujab
Kingdom of Rajputana
Kingdom of Nepal
Maratha Confederacy (Reserved by ~Darkening~)
Kingdom of Mysore (Reserved by Israelite9191)
Kingdom of Bhutan
Qing China (Applicants: ThomAnder, Alex994)
Kingdom of Annam
Kingdom of Siam
Kingdom of Myanmar
Tokugawa Shogunate of Japan (Reserved by Kentharu)

*If Josef gets britain, then Swiss will get Portugal. If Josef does not, then Swiss gets nothing

The following nations need applicants, and I'll choose who I think is best to play them:

Great Britain
French Empire
Spanish Empire
Empire of All Russias
Qing China
Habsburg Empire of Austria

Map is below

Thanks again Panda, you helped tons!

Spoiler Map :

You do know all three of those are done by the applicant process? You guys should have back-ups.

I will apply for britain like i did before

otherwise i am reserving netherlands if i do not receive Britain

Much better. But still, I promised destructive criticism, haven't I? ;)

France is given Belgium and Westphalia.

Why? France wasn't promised anything, while Austria already had better plans for the Austrian Netherlands (specifically, they planned to switch it with the Wittelsbachs of the Palatinate who would've created a "Kingdom of Burgundy" there in exchange for Bavaria going to the Austrians; in OTL this was prevented by Prussia). Also, Westphalia was neutral.

May- Spain declares war on Portugal and Spanish armies attack Portugeuse held Brazil.

Again - why? Spain still had economical problems and still struggled to reform its own colonial empire; administrating it was hard enough without any wars with Portugal, especially as all the territorial disputes were settled a while ago by the Treaty of Madrid.

Spain is given some of Southern New France as a token of appreciation from the French government.

What's the point of that? Spain, as already said, had its own problems.

its rather unlikely that Britain would've lost SO MUCH ground - I could imagine the 13 Colonies being limited to the coastal and nearby areas, but nothing beyond that, it simply makes no sense for the French and the Spanish to try and take over so much English-populated ground, especially for the French who have trouble populating their own territories.

On the map, why is Galicia Austrian? And Crimea Russian?

India is very strange. Why can't you leave it as historical pre-Seven Years War? Britain with Bombay and Bengal, France with the Carnatic regions and Pondicherry (southeastern India).

I need some help. Can somebody show me whih states are which on the map:

Palatinate of the Rhine
Duchy of Hesse-Kassel
Duchy of Hesse-Darstadt
Duchy of Nassau
Duchy of Saxe-Weimar
Duchy of Oldenburg

I know all the other German states. Those are just so damn small and I don't have any references. If somebody could help me that would be great.

Eh, i'm not particularly interested in any other nation, i'll just lurk otherwise then :)

Who owns that pink island next to Greenland? I'm fairly sure it's not Nepal, which is the only country with the same color...

Okay das. I've fixed all the stuff. In the timeline nad the map has been updated.

@The Farow: You are aware that Prussia is really weak in this NES? Read the intro: she's been reduced to a moderate-minor power.

@Jalapeno_Dude- That was Denmarks old colour. Fixed.

@das- There was a block of land there controlled by Prussia. I asumed it was Westphalia. I'll fix the Belgium thing once I figure out what that block was.

Taiwan should belong to Qing China, it was seized by Coxinga after the fall of the Ming Dynasty and later by the Qing Army.

Don't you think giving Spain Georgia, the Carolines Virginia and Maryland is overdoing it? I mean, they were all British Colonies with British populations and the fact that Spain would know better then to bite off more then they could chew... :(

I'll cast my ballot for Empire of All Russias (of course, das will probably take it :p) but failing that I'll take either Safavid Shahdom of Persia or Qing China :)

EDIT: I also know you hate me ;) But I have to point out the huge territorial gains in New England the French got with well... no potential profits or resources the French wanted...

I fixed the map so it shouldn't be too bad. I'll push the borders back some more if needed.

Fixing Taiwan. It'll be up in the morning.

Actually, take Russia alex, it will be fun to watch what you do with it.

Palatinate of the Rhine

I think its the green state in West Germany, notably enough ruled by the Wittelsbachs.

Duchy of Hesse-Kassel

Black (or very, very dark) Central German.

Duchy of Hesse-Darmstadt

Dark blue just to the southwest from Hesse-Kassel.

Duchy of Nassau

Northwest of Hesse-Darmstadt.

Duchy of Saxe-Weimar

Between Hesse-Kassel and Saxony.

Duchy of Oldenburg

Is SUPPOSED to be Danish at the moment. ;) On the map, that lavender northwestern state with a trade center.

Top Bottom