Project SYNTHESIS

I got a python exception during autoplay as Turkey (it popped up 2 times).

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 72
This is inherited from DoC. Should rectify when I update to the latest revision of DoC.

What do u mean it fits in perfectly; Look at the picture Tisfun is Baghdad.

Imo, bot Mexico and Canada should be in. If there is a lagging issue why not make one of them a minor civ.

Well.. I was thinking Tisfun will always be Ctesiphon ;)
It's actually a nice Idea when seeing Ctesiphon start with Zoro, conquered by Arab and become Islam Baghdad (Like Memphis >> Cairo, though not historical) and automatically become the Capital.. (or Dmashq could be the capital as well)

The city wasn't destroyed but abandoned for the newly built Baghdad.

Ctesiphon fell to the Muslims during the Islamic conquest of Persia in 637 under the military command of Sa'ad ibn Abi Waqqas during the caliphate of Umar. However, the general population was not harmed but the palaces and their archives were burned. Still, as political and economic fortune had passed elsewhere, the city went into a rapid decline, especially after the founding of the Abbasid capital at Baghdad in the 8th century, and soon became a ghost town. It is believed to be the basis for the city of Isbanir in the Thousand and One Nights.

Do you play with a foreign language? Try setting the language to English then.

I don't play in a foreign language, I'm playing in the language of my country! :mad:

Ok, it works. Any plan to add support in other languages?

Haha, sorry. Also probably best not to call it a foreign language.

When I was adding the TXT_KEYs, I didn't add those for non-English languages. What language do you speak? I can give you stuff to translate if you want to help out. I only speak English and some Spanish (plus an Indian language) so I didn't add other languages.

I don't play in a foreign language, I'm playing in the language of my country! :mad:
Haha, I was thinking the same thing when I saw what I had written. And I'm even not a native English-speaker myself :lol:

Well, if it is not *MANY* I can help. :mischief: I speak spanish.

BTW, there are plans to add new religions like orthodox? If there are catholics and protestants there should be orthodox.

Yeah.. the city wasn't destroyed..
That's why I suggested making it changed into Baghdad when conquered by Arab..
At least until we figured out how to raze a city and automatically built a city next to it..
If someone somehow figured this out,
we could make when Arab conquer Memphis, it's automatically razed and al-Qahira automatically built next to it..

Well, if it is not *MANY* I can help. :mischief: I speak spanish.

BTW, there are plans to add new religions like orthodox? If there are catholics and protestants there should be orthodox.

Yes, we discussed that some time back. I plan on doing that :)

And thanks for the offer of help. I'll PM you some text soon.

Yeah.. the city wasn't destroyed..
That's why I suggested making it changed into Baghdad when conquered by Arab..
At least until we figured out how to raze a city and automatically built a city next to it..
If someone somehow figured this out,
we could make when Arab conquer Memphis, it's automatically razed and al-Qahira automatically built next to it..

That's easy enough to do in python, but isn't renaming better?

Also guys:

I was adding missionaries and this occurred to me. So I implemented it:

Dynamic missionary spawns:
Spain, France spawn with Christian missionaries in the 600 AD game and the missionary of Rome's state religion in 3000 AD
England, Germany get France's SR's missionary
Russia spawns with Byzantium's SR's missionary
Vikings get Russia's SR in 1000 AD
Portugal spawns with Spain's SR missionary

Testing it out now.

That's easy enough to do in python, but isn't renaming better?

Also guys:

I was adding missionaries and this occurred to me. So I implemented it:

Dynamic missionary spawns:
Spain, France spawn with Christian missionaries in the 600 AD game and the missionary of Rome's state religion in 3000 AD
England, Germany get France's SR's missionary
Russia spawns with Byzantium's SR's missionary
Vikings get Russia's SR in 1000 AD
Portugal spawns with Spain's SR missionary

Testing it out now.

1) There's no point in destroying cities and rebuilding them. It just makes everything more difficult.

2) The only problem I have with the Missionary thing is with the Vikings. I think that a delay of 400 years to the spread of Christianity might lead to the spread of Islam or Buddhism in the region. On the same note, if u are going to add Orthodoxy it might make more sense to give Vikings the German state religion. I mean Vikings and Early Germans were in close contact as seen by the formation of the Hanseatic League. Also i think it might have been the Early Germans that spread Christianity to the Baltic States and Scandanavia

Top Bottom