Project SYNTHESIS

Well..
Never mind then

Dont get me wrong; didnt mean to put u down. Ur idea is more suitable when a city is right next to a more important city. So suppose when Arabs conquer Babylon (in 3000ad), the city is destroyed but Baghdad is founded a tile East. Or when the Egyptians build a city of Per-Waget and the Roamans or Greeks conquer it then Alexandria is founded a tile West. Or when Romans or Byzantines conquer Hattatus, Konya is founded.

(These are just examples; if u guys think this is too deterministic then u can reserve this kind of thing for only a few special cities which are founded in a really messed up spot and will be a bother for human players later on)

2) The only problem I have with the Missionary thing is with the Vikings. I think that a delay of 400 years to the spread of Christianity might lead to the spread of Islam or Buddhism in the region. On the same note, if u are going to add Orthodoxy it might make more sense to give Vikings the German state religion. I mean Vikings and Early Germans were in close contact as seen by the formation of the Hanseatic League. Also i think it might have been the Early Germans that spread Christianity to the Baltic States and Scandanavia

Historically Christianity didn't spread to Scandinavia for a long while. Thinking about it, I suppose it makes sense to give them a missionary from Germany instead (but at the same date). But wouldn't adding paganism as a religion help prevent odd religions from spreading? I just took a look at the religion spread code. Basically I'd make the game take into account the distance by number of plots as well as the type of plot. Not easy which is why it won't be anytime soon, but after I finish the C++ tutorial I'm doing now.

Dont get me wrong; didnt mean to put u down. Ur idea is more suitable when a city is right next to a more important city. So suppose when Arabs conquer Babylon (in 3000ad), the city is destroyed but Baghdad is founded a tile East. Or when the Egyptians build a city of Per-Waget and the Roamans or Greeks conquer it then Alexandria is founded a tile West. Or when Romans or Byzantines conquer Hattatus, Konya is founded.

(These are just examples; if u guys think this is too deterministic then u can reserve this kind of thing for only a few special cities which are founded in a really messed up spot and will be a bother for human players later on)

No, this sounds like a great idea. But better yet, for the AI it should be some random chance, and for the human an option via popup.

Also I just reworked this:
Dynamic missionary spawns:
Spain, France spawn with Christian missionaries in the 600 AD game and the missionary of Rome's state religion in 3000 AD
England, Germany get France's SR's missionary
Russia spawns with Byzantium's SR's missionary
Vikings get Russia's SR missionary in Oslo in 900 AD (40 years after Russian spawn)
Portugal spawns with Spain's SR missionary

On a related note, what do you guys think of birthing the Vikings in Copenhagen instead of Oslo?

On a related note, what do you guys think of birthing the Vikings in Copenhagen instead of Oslo?
Leoreth already discussed this, if the Vikings spawn in Copenhagen, this would lead to expansion to way too much expansion in Germany. But on a related note, can u make it that the Vikings found Copenhagen more often or even that Copenhagen flips to them. Another city which I would like the Vikings to found Riga to show their influence around the Baltic. Riga could really fuel the Russia-Sweden Wars.

Another thing that Ive seen is that cities in Scandanavia grow way too big, I saw a city 3 tiles away from the North Pole which had a pop of 13 in the Middle Ages; this was more than London, Baghdad or Constantinople. Can u make it that the Vikings are more productive and less Growing.

Leoreth already discussed this, if the Vikings spawn in Copenhagen, this would lead to expansion to way too much expansion in Germany. But on a related note, can u make it that the Vikings found Copenhagen more often or even that Copenhagen flips to them. Another city which I would like the Vikings to found Riga to show their influence around the Baltic. Riga could really fuel the Russia-Sweden Wars.

Another thing that Ive seen is that cities in Scandanavia grow way too big, I saw a city 3 tiles away from the North Pole which had a pop of 13 in the Middle Ages; this was more than London, Baghdad or Constantinople. Can u make it that the Vikings are more productive and less Growing.

Maybe some plains up north as opposed to grassland?

On the start screen, when choosing a civ, all GPs are listed as UUs regardless of the choice.

What about spawning an independent Copenhagen in AD 500 (preplaced in the AD 600 scenario), then letting it flip to the Vikings?

That and some Tundra can solve the problem. Imo most resources in Sweden should be concentrated in the Stocklohm-Olso Cross.

-Just to give some prespective, the population of Sweden ins 1580 was 900,000; while the population of France 20 million and the population of constantinople (city only) was 140,000.

On the start screen, when choosing a civ, all GPs are listed as UUs regardless of the choice.

Thats a DOC issue, I believe

Ya the Indie Copenhagen idea sounds good.

As for your second idea, I was just in the middle of adjusting free population boni so I put that in immediately. Viking cities no longer start with 2 population, but rather 1. In addition I'll change the terrain up in the north.

-Just to give some prespective, the population of Sweden ins 1580 was 900,000; while the population of France 20 million and the population of constantinople (city only) was 140,000.

Thats a DOC issue, I believe

Thanks for those facts. I'll work on it.

And Alexius- refer to what J. Pride says above. Although I haven't confirmed it- I'd have to boot up DoC and I'm too busy modding right now.

Also, guys, could I get some Shia wonder suggestions?
Are u looking for something besides the ones already present in SOI; which are:
Iman Reza Shrine
Iman Ali Mosque
Shah Mosque

Or else:
Imam Husayn Shrine
Al Kādhimiyya Mosque

As for your second idea, I was just in the middle of adjusting free population boni so I put that in immediately. Viking cities no longer start with 2 population, but rather 1. In addition I'll change the terrain up in the north.

I dont know; that might have unintended consequences. I suggest, inaddition to the terrain thing u should move the resources to Olso-Stocklohm. Also if u are going to add Copenhagen as an inde make sure Vikings conquer/flip it or else France usually conquers it (tried it in the mod). U can also modify their settler maps so they are more likey to found Stocklohm, Riga and Copenhagen and less likely to settle near the North Pole.

Ya, I only needed non-SoI ones. Although SoI already has three, which seems sufficient, which enough, so I might just go with those.

And I like your Viking idea better, I suppose. Will do that, then.

Nah, it's alright..
I don't get it wrong or something else hehe..
Actually, since my English weren't really good, I was a bit confused to get the English translation for this Indonesian phrases oh yaudah gapapa. Then I was thinking either No Problem or Never Mind that only suits well.. And I choose never mind because it seems more polite :rolleyes:

U can also modify their settler maps so they are more likey to found Stocklohm, Riga and Copenhagen and less likely to settle near the North Pole.

I think Viking should settle north pole too, it's why they're unique, to Iceland and Greenland.. but they have to settle at Denmark, Latvia and the Baltic countries as well..
In the reality, Viking cities should be less populated since it's way too cold, IMO :lol:

I'm unsure whether this has been reported or not, but here goes:

I've now played 2 games up to 1505 AD on Marathon and both times they've ended in CTDs on that very turn and do so every time the game is loaded up again. Is this a known issue?

Ya the Safavid crash. I don't think it happens every time but I'm not sure what causes it.

I'm trying to play as the Romans, but twice so far the game would crash after a few turns. I'll re-download it and try again just in case it's a minor error, however.

Just letting you know there could be a problem.

Also, I have a question. Does Carthage(city) automatically raze when conquered?I want to keep the city but it auto-razes every time.

1) Hmmm.... screenshots, or a savefile?

2) If you declare war early, chances are the population is only one. Cities with only one pop are autorazed.

If you declare war early, chances are the population is only one. Cities with only one pop are autorazed.
Not if your culture is present in the city, which influence-driven war seems to introduce whenever you win a battle.

By the way, could we use this for the civ-specific GP names to get rid of the clutter I mentioned before? It transfers the names from Assets/XML/Units/Civ4UnitInfos.xml to its own XML file in Assets\XML\Text.

Top Bottom