Project SYNTHESIS

Saw you were back in IOT, good to see you :)

Thank you all.

As I am setting up my computer for modding once more (installing various things), I have decided to take a different approach to this. I think it might actually be easier to start from scratch with the latest version of DoC and add stuff into it rather than taking the current version of Synthesis and trying to add eight months of DoC back onto it. So that's probably what I'll do.

Thank you all.

As I am setting up my computer for modding once more (installing various things), I have decided to take a different approach to this. I think it might actually be easier to start from scratch with the latest version of DoC and add stuff into it rather than taking the current version of Synthesis and trying to add eight months of DoC back onto it. So that's probably what I'll do.

Thats sounds fantastic especially since Leoreth already added (into DOC) half the stuff found in Synthesis.

Ok. I'll be honest. I'm baffled as to what to add. Leoreth added so much stuff to DoC already that was in Synthesis or I intended to be. What else was I supposed to add? I can't seem to remember.

Alternative stability maps? Specifically immigrant maps across the board?
So it's not just Rome, Germany & Japan that get them over all the others.

That's not an idea I'm a fan of. I like the current way of determining stability maps.

The two major things I can think of that I could add here are:

1. BUG
2. K-Mod AI improvements/ Global Warming overhaul

It also occurred to me to redo random events so that they don't just occur in random places- i.e., earthquakes will happen around the Pacific, hurricanes in the Caribbean, etc. Also desertification of the Sahara and some other regions. Do you guys have any ideas with respect to that last one? What events should be modified/ added?

Ok. I'll be honest. I'm baffled as to what to add. Leoreth added so much stuff to DoC already that was in Synthesis or I intended to be. What else was I supposed to add? I can't seem to remember.

Conditional Respawn of Post Mongol China, Islamic Egypt would be nice. Another idea would be the semi-random events in the other thread. It would be really cool if suppose the French Revolution was represented in a realistic yet random way. So suppose the first European civilization to become democratic becomes extremely unstable and cities go into revolt with many European nations declaring war on it (but it cannot collapse in the volatile environment). In the aftermath it receives a great general and an army to turn the tide. You can also represent the struggle between Communism and Capitalism by having a random events which asks every country with each if they want to form an alliance, if the alliances are successful the two camps receive a -8 to -12 against the other thus escalating the Cold War. I mean these are just ideas I came up with right now but as long as you are creative and rational, I'm sure there's lots left to add (or remove for that matter).

P.S I posted this before reading the last 2 posts.

What events should be modified/ added?

New Civ: The Central African Empire
Starting date: 1960
Leader: Bokassa I (Charismatic, Imperialistic)
UHVs:
  1. Switch to autocratic monarchy civics by 1976
  2. Have -8 relations with every civ by 1980
  3. Get invaded by France and exiled to Mali by 2000 :lol:

On a more serious note, I absolutely hate the way volcanoes work in regular civ. RFC is all about realism, and having random mountains exploding isn't very realistic. Why not make certain mountain tiles near awesome city spots (i.e. "Mt. Rainer" or "Mt. St. Helens" near the Vancouver tile, "Mt. Vesuvius" in southern Italy, or "Mt. Fuji" near Tokyo/Edo) have a low chance every turn of "erupting", which in turn destroys improvements near it with the chance to reduce city population, or very rarely wipe the city off the map altogether? Also, if the city has a nuclear reactor, eruptions/hurricanes/etc could increase the chance of a meltdown, ala Fukushima.

I know its a strange suggestion, but it would nerf certain OP city spots somewhat in some games in a way that I personally find far preferable than making resources all across the map disappear after a set number of turns. Also, it would make SYNTHESIS more unique and would set it apart from DoC.

Also, take out the Seljuk civ and make the Seljuks a scripted Babylonian respawn in Persia so we can experience the beautiful irony of watching AI Babylon finally dominate the middle east :cool:

That's not an idea I'm a fan of. I like the current way of determining stability maps.

The two major things I can think of that I could add here are:

1. BUG
2. K-Mod AI improvements/ Global Warming overhaul

Why don't you work with Leoreth on the base mod to help him implement those since he already wants to have those two implemented in base DoC? :)

On a more serious note, I absolutely hate the way volcanoes work in regular civ. RFC is all about realism, and having random mountains exploding isn't very realistic. Why not make certain mountain tiles near awesome city spots (i.e. "Mt. Rainer" or "Mt. St. Helens" near the Vancouver tile, "Mt. Vesuvius" in southern Italy, or "Mt. Fuji" near Tokyo/Edo) have a low chance every turn of "erupting", which in turn destroys improvements near it with the chance to reduce city population, or very rarely wipe the city off the map altogether?

Razing the city with those random events seems to be too harsh. Removing city improvements would be a more forgiving alternative. Also, why not add more chances for the city's lighthouse/harbor/customs house to be removed when the triggering tile is also coastal, and disable the city's airport for a turn in all cases?

Razing the city with those random events seems to be too harsh. Removing city improvements would be a more forgiving alternative. Also, why not add more chances for the city's lighthouse/harbor/customs house to be removed when the triggering tile is also coastal, and disable the city's airport for a turn in all cases?

Agreed, that definitely makes more sense as far as gameplay goes, especially if there are wonders in the city/it's a holy city. I was just thinking of Pompeii and a few towns in southern Washington state that got obliterated by St. Helens. Also I'm biased because I'm disappointed that there's no way to completely obliterate cities in BTS like there is in A New Dawn.

New Russian UU: Tsar Bomba
Replaces the Tactical Nuke
Takes twice as long to build as an ICBM
Any cities in its blast radius disappear from the map entirely
If it is dropped on land, turns the tile it is dropped on into a saltwater lake or coast tile.
:joke:

Why don't you work with Leoreth on the base mod to help him implement those since he already wants to have those two implemented in base DoC? :)

I was going to ask the exact same thing. DOC and Synthesis has been approaching each other in these latests months, and instead of trying to come up with something that has to be different from DOC, for no other reason than to keep this going, why not join forces with Leoreth instead? You seem to have a lot of good ideas and knowledge about modding, so it seems a shame to not see the 2 of you working together :)

Linkman, how about you set up a 1700 scenario?

Hey, I just recently saw this mod, it looks really epic, and difficult as hell, but, I have a question, do the Incas rebirth as Peru? Because if you ask , for example, an Argentinian, if the incas are their ancestors, they would simply said no. Apart of that, the Capital of the Tawantinsuyo was Cuzco, and it was in Peru, and all their important buildings are also in Peru.

Unfortunately, it seems Linkmans return was only temporary.

Top Bottom