Punts. Like them or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MWA

I. hate. hippies.
Lemme hear!

You Irishmen will get a kick out of this I'm sure. Have fun...let's party.

Football punts?

I'm in favor on 4th and long from ouside the 50. Shouldn't this be in the sports forum?

Well, a punt is also a boat... and a bet... Still, do you like them?

Originally posted by puglover
Football punts?

Now who doesn't like them? Those are cool.

Okay, let's make this interesting and senseful for the discussion's sake and remove the 'T' at the end of the word - what do you get then? And do you like them?

Sports forum! :)

Anyway, I hate them. If its inside the opponents 40, go for the field goal! Its worth a shot. And I think on 4th and 1, inside the opponents 50, you should go for it, especially if you have a good running back.

This all varies by situation, though.

CG

Dont ask any of the Giants special teams players to punt or try to make a field goal. They'll probably hit it the wrong way or miss the ball. If you've seen the last couple of games, you'd know why ;)

This coming from a Giants fan.

Originally posted by WildFire444
Dont ask any of the Giants special teams players to punt or try to make a field goal. They'll probably hit it the wrong way or miss the ball. If you've seen the last couple of games, you'd know why ;)

This coming from a Giants fan.

Don't remind me. This coming from a New Yorker. :wallbash:

CG

Boo! Jets suck! ;)

I like punts of the team is behind the other teams 35. I am glad the NY Giants special teams can't kick. (This coming from a San Franciscan). However I am not glad that the Bucs ar3e better than the Niners, but I am glad that the Jets can't play agame without turning it over multiple time. (Coming from a Raiders fan)

My favorite punts are "quick kicks" done by the quarterback on 3rd down to surprise the opponent and restore field position. THe most famous- a whole wonderful book called "No medals for trying" was written about it- was by Randall Cunningham of the Eagles against the Giants in 1989. The Giants had pinned the Eagles back near their own goal and third and hopeless Cunningham kicked a 90 yard punt which in turn buried the Giants in their endzone and eventually won the game for the Eagles. I've done similar in Madden video games.

i have no idea what a punt is and please dont refer to them as football punts as football is not american football which is for americans who cant take the pain of rugby :D.

Originally posted by Ancient Grudge
i have no idea what a punt is and please dont refer to them as football punts as football is not american football which is for americans who cant take the pain of rugby :D.
Heh, we paralyze and kill more of our "American" football players than any sport on Earth - you can't claim that rugby creates more pain.

Punts work in any kind of football. You drop the ball and kick it before it touches the ground. As distinct from a drop-kick where it must touch the ground before you kick it.

People who punt - i.e. bet - are currently putting bread on my table. So I guess I'm in favour of that.

But the crucial question is: Where should you stand when you pole a punt? At the back or at the front? Oxford or Cambridge?

Um, but most of them don't die right on the field, JP...

Originally posted by Sultan Bhargash
Um, but most of them don't die right on the field, JP...
In the Pros, no, but there is a sadly increasing number of on-the-field deaths in high school and college ball.

Originally posted by jpowers

Heh, we paralyze and kill more of our "American" football players than any sport on Earth - you can't claim that rugby creates more pain.

I played both through High School. Rugby can hurt more. It is the way football players behave and the equipment that leads to more injuries and not as much pain.
Sitting on the football teams bench half of the time (I was defense and offense should have been out for on average half of the game) tightens you back up.
Running around for two 80 minute halfs in rugby leaves you still quite limber and able to take greater hits. (It is the after effect that hurt so much.)
Unless you have played both, it is difficult to make a judgment call.

punts are when you kick the egg over the bar with a little time left. did i get you right?

:confused:
now I feel clueless...I dont undertsand what you talking about
:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom