Python Performance and Interface Overhaul (PPIO)

On the other hand, is this something I might be able to modify through a file text file (even if it is xml or similar), or is it compiled and not legible to humans?
CIV4DetailManager.xml
There you can define flag scale at a given camera distance, in several steps.
The game will automatically fill in the blanks between the nodes/steps making the transition between them seamless.

Last edited:
@Thunderbrd the error Snofru had is happening for player 41 in team 46, the nature of the error is that

GC.getCivilizationInfo(CyPlayer.getCivilizationType()).getDescription()
Error: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getDescription'

In other words player 41 doesn't have a civilizationInfo object.
This effectively happens: NULL.getDescription() →→ Python explode. ^^

Which NPC is player 41? Insectoids?
Is it strange that player 41 belongs to team 46? I find it a bit strange...

That piece of code usually work fine for other NPC players...
Here's the code context:
if CyPlayer.isNPC():
print "NPC %s gained the technology %s" %(GC.getCivilizationInfo(CyPlayer.getCivilizationType()).getDescription(), GC.getTechInfo(iTech).getDescriptionForm(0))
return​
Yes, worldbuilder save feature is broken and file needs to be fixed manually.

@Thunderbrd the error Snofru had is happening for player 41 in team 46, the nature of the error is that

GC.getCivilizationInfo(CyPlayer.getCivilizationType()).getDescription()
Error: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getDescription'

In other words player 41 doesn't have a civilizationInfo object.
This effectively happens: NULL.getDescription() →→ Python explode. ^^

Which NPC is player 41? Insectoids?
Is it strange that player 41 belongs to team 46? I find it a bit strange...

That piece of code usually work fine for other NPC players...
Here's the code context:
if CyPlayer.isNPC():
print "NPC %s gained the technology %s" %(GC.getCivilizationInfo(CyPlayer.getCivilizationType()).getDescription(), GC.getTechInfo(iTech).getDescriptionForm(0))
return​

Yes, worldbuilder save feature is broken and file needs to be fixed manually.
Maps and worldbuilder have had some difficulty with the NPCs. Rax may understand the relationship problem better about how to resolve it and I'm not sure why the issue exactly exists aside from to say that the assumption that the indexes are what they would've used to have been is still somehow in place. I can say that this is the sort of thing I would've expected if you tried to remove any of them from the game setup and it sounded like that was something he tried to accomplish.

Maps and worldbuilder have had some difficulty with the NPCs. Rax may understand the relationship problem better about how to resolve it and I'm not sure why the issue exactly exists aside from to say that the assumption that the indexes are what they would've used to have been is still somehow in place. I can say that this is the sort of thing I would've expected if you tried to remove any of them from the game setup and it sounded like that was something he tried to accomplish.
NPCs are saved in scenario like normal civilizations.

Generate any new map, do few turns and save it as scenario.
Then you will see NPCs saved as civs.

@Toffer90 I got those two python errors during autorun.

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "CvScreensInterface", line 1062, in handleInput
  File "CvMainInterface", line 5097, in handleInput
RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception
ERR: Python function handleInput failed, module CvScreensInterface

File "BugEventManager", line 313, in _handleDefaultEvent
  File "CvEventManager", line 1286, in onBuildingBuilt
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'iX' referenced before assignment

I have had an issue a little while now newest SVN and PPIO, where icons dont show, but text after where icon is supposed to be gets modified loses, or changes formatting.

This was something that has happened for the longest time after religious icons in the government screen, but now it seems to happen everywhere See attached screenshot, i tried to highlight examples with a blue ring :)

EDIT: Apparently this is a bug with "current release" version of steam c2c, using the "original_release_unsupported" beta branch through steam fixes the issue

GUIDE:
Rightclick on Civ IV in steam, click properties go to betas, and select the release in the dropdown. The game cannot be running while you change beta branch.

Attachments

• missingicons.PNG
    missingicons.PNG
    5.5 MB · Views: 92
Last edited:
EDIT: Apparently this is a bug with "current release" version of steam c2c, using the "original_release_unsupported" beta branch through steam fixes the issue
C2C is a mod for the original Civ IV BtS not for the ugly Civ IV BtS Steam-Edition which removes multiplayer features from the game and messes up other things as well.

I remember the week steam pushed that idiotic update on all steam users and how I was furious that it removed multiplayer features I used, it was impossible to play multiplayer that was not per e-mail or hotseat with that update.

I sent e-mails to steam about it and they answered by allowing me, and any other steam users, to downgrade to the original final release of BtS.

C2C is a mod for the original Civ IV BtS not for the ugly Civ IV BtS Steam-Edition which removes multiplayer features from the game and messes up other things as well.

I remember the week steam pushed that idiotic update on all steam users and how I was furious that it removed multiplayer features I used, it was impossible to play multiplayer that was not per e-mail or hotseat with that update.

I sent e-mails to steam about it and they answered by allowing me, and any other steam users, to downgrade to the original final release of BtS.

There should be a sticky post detailing this. I was completely unaware that this was an issue, and i am sure other people have the same problem as i have.

There should be a sticky post detailing this. I was completely unaware that this was an issue, and i am sure other people have the same problem as i have.
If we did sticky it, it should be in the Bugs and Crashes section and linked to it in the Player's Guide. (I can do the later once it's put together.)

If we did sticky it, it should be in the Bugs and Crashes section and linked to it in the Player's Guide. (I can do the later once it's put together.)
you are right, it shouldnt be in here, i was more commenting on the fact that today was the first time i realized there was a special version of civ4, which worked better with the mod, i have had this icon problem in relation to religion icons for a long time. And i am sure there are more people than me that are unaware that there is a "legacy version" of the game on steam.

you are right, it shouldnt be in here, i was more commenting on the fact that today was the first time i realized there was a special version of civ4, which worked better with the mod, i have had this icon problem in relation to religion icons for a long time. And i am sure there are more people than me that are unaware that there is a "legacy version" of the game on steam.
I completely agree with you! Particularly since it's getting harder and harder to get the game in any manner outside of a Steam download.

PPIO v0.5.9.7.9.7 ▬ Hotfix
SVN rev.10325
  • Fixed this error.
    • Code:
        File "BugEventManager", line 313, in _handleDefaultEvent
        File "CvEventManager", line 1286, in onBuildingBuilt
      UnboundLocalError: local variable 'iX' referenced before assignment
Code:
  File "CvScreensInterface", line 1062, in handleInput
  File "CvMainInterface", line 5097, in handleInput
RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception
ERR: Python function handleInput failed, module CvScreensInterface
The best way to fix that would be to disable all UI interaction like tooltip or clicking a button while doing autorun.
The error is harmless and can be ignored without any further consequence so I will delay any attempts at fixing it atm.

Last edited:
PPIO v0.5.9.8.0
SVN rev.10329
  • Overhauled the "Traits" pedia pages.
Oh, wow... I have a request on this if you don't mind. I didn't realize you were working on that or I'd have said something right away.

I'm going to need these pages to have a display position for Help and Strategy texts. Help will be a statement from the mouth of such a ruler to explain the outlook. The strategy will be a bit more of a breakdown of benefits and penalties in a more generic overview than an itemized list gives.

Thanks brother! We may soon find a few other needs we weren't expecting as well but we can cross that bridge when we get there in some weeks.

Top Bottom