Python Performance and Interface Overhaul (PPIO)

how do i change the size to what a person would want, meaning ie: right now i have it set to 1152X862,, but as u can see in the pic the second line/btns are not above the the bottom there and i need it to just be there above it to look normal, so i am asking, thx . . see pic

dang thats what i forgot about the init file, geez, its been a long time since i did that stuff, thx .. SO and yes it works just fine ..
You can size of unit action buttons (and turn on.off FOV slider) in BUG settings, look carefully at each tab as I don't remember where those settings were.

@Toffer90 there is no file indicated in <DetailManagerInfos xmlns="x-schema:CIV4DetailManagerSchema.xml"> in Misc folder, where you placed CIV4DetailManager.xml

FEATURE_CRATER should be used in your mapscript - they don't spawn at all, and they are needed by few buildings.

By the way FEATURE_TARPIT should spawn more.

Last edited:
@Toffer90 there is no file indicated in <DetailManagerInfos xmlns="x-schema:CIV4DetailManagerSchema.xml"> in Misc folder, where you placed CIV4DetailManager.xml
Same place as in vanilla.
FEATURE_CRATER should be used in your mapscript - they don't spawn at all, and they are needed by few buildings.
The world mapscript does place them.
By the way FEATURE_TARPIT should spawn more.
Maybe that's true.

Same place as in vanilla.
The world mapscript does place them.
Maybe that's true.
XML validator keeps screaming though:
Spoiler :

\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\XML\Misc\CIV4DetailManager.xml:8,21: Cannot load the schema for the namespace 'x-schema:CIV4DetailManagerSchema.xml' - Could not find file '\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\XML\Misc\CIV4DetailManagerSchema.xml'.
Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\XML\Misc\CIV4DetailManager.xml:0,0: No validation occurred.

I guess then you must increase frequency of craters and tar pits as those are too rare.

Also I like how someone disliked Gigantic maps and he was playing on C2C_World Huge size, that is was effectively half of Gigantic map.
He didn't knew, that C2C_World maps were oversized compared to V38 world size defaults.

Hi,

One question regarding this modmod. It appears, that in Domestic Advisor screen it's not currently possible to alter city production, so there is no option to bulk-update production in cities. Is there something I can do in settings to change that?

Hi,

One question regarding this modmod. It appears, that in Domestic Advisor screen it's not currently possible to alter city production, so there is no option to bulk-update production in cities. Is there something I can do in settings to change that?
No, sorry, I don't regard the domestic advisor in PPIO as finished development vice. It will probably change in future updates.

Ok, I see... Is it possible to switch of PPIO for that particular screen then (like, maybe revert the files to original C2C, or something)? I really like how this mod structures the UI, but this particular screen is very useful for when you have a ton of cities. Is it possible to partially revert PPIO to somehow make this work?

Ok, I see... Is it possible to switch of PPIO for that particular screen then (like, maybe revert the files to original C2C, or something)? I really like how this mod structures the UI, but this particular screen is very useful for when you have a ton of cities. Is it possible to partially revert PPIO to somehow make this work?
Not a simple matter.

You can alternately use shift or alt key when selecting cities to select multiple cities (alt to select all cities shift to add one city to the selection), and it's also possible to save the selected city group to a number key (ctrl+number).

Civ changer (ctrl+shift+L) is broken with PPIO

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "BugEventManager", line 326, in _handleConsumableEvent
File "ChangePlayer", line 58, in onKbdEvent
File "ChangePlayer", line 192, in changeHumanPopup
AttributeError: 'CyPlayer' object has no attribute 'getCivilizationName'
File "BugEventManager", line 326, in _handleConsumableEvent
File "ChangePlayer", line 58, in onKbdEvent
File "ChangePlayer", line 192, in changeHumanPopup
AttributeError: 'CyPlayer' object has no attribute 'getCivilizationName'

I still have not added this modmod to my game. Reason is I'm finding too many game play changes beyond the scope of a display overhaul. PPIO has tentacles that are far reaching.

EDIT: my bad on wording and is just my opinion which is worth next to nothing.

Last edited:
I still have not added this modmod to my game. Reason is I'm finding too many game play changes beyond the scope of a display overhaul. PPIO has tentacles that are far reaching.
If you're talking about some of the python bugs, at least he's working on them. I don't think he's planned to cut further than the UI but I would hope he'd openly identify it if he does.

If you're talking about some of the python bugs, at least he's working on them. I don't think he's planned to cut further than the UI but I would hope he'd openly identify it if he does.
I think he meant changes to Tech Diffusion (unless variables just were moved), removal of militia from certain civic (spawned when farm is built), and text tweaks.

Nope not referring to Python bugs at all.

I think he meant changes to Tech Diffusion (unless variables just were moved), removal of militia from certain civic (spawned when farm is built), and text tweaks.
There have been xml changes that are different than the current SVN in several areas.

Enhanced Tech Conguest, but since the old version with it's restrictive settings never gave any Tech, the jury is still out on this one. Maybe it really doesn't matter. But you can't get much if any research with his version of it.

There are changes in the Config folder That I must admit I don't readily grasp and in the GlobalDefines Alt file too. Also Lots of BUG settings that I may not want. Or may just be to fit his display.

But now I wish I had never said anything at all, as this will just lead to me getting castigated again.

So never mind. Carry on. I won't say anymore.

Enhanced Tech Conguest, but since the old version with it's restrictive settings never gave any Tech, the jury is still out on this one. Maybe it really doesn't matter. But you can't get much if any research with his version of it.

There are changes in the Config folder That I must admit I don't readily grasp and in the GlobalDefines Alt file too. Also Lots of BUG settings that I may not want. Or may just be to fit his display.

But now I wish I had never said anything at all, as this will just lead to me getting castigated again.

So never mind. Carry on. I won't say anymore.
There could be more of cleanup in config and BUG settings.
You could always screenshot your BUG settings and then set it back after installing this modmod.

As for GlobalDefinesAlt only this was added (nothing else was changed).
Code:
<Define>
        <DefineName>COMMERCE_PERCENT_CHANGE_INCREMENTS</DefineName>
        <iDefineIntVal>4</iDefineIntVal> - slider is 4 per step not usual 5.
    </Define>
   ------------- Map view settings - camera, FoV and other graphical stuff - nothing related to game mechanics ------
    <Define>
        <DefineName>CAMERA_CITY_ZOOM_IN_DISTANCE</DefineName>
        <fDefineFloatVal>4000</fDefineFloatVal>
    </Define>
    <Define>
        <DefineName>FIELD_OF_VIEW</DefineName>
        <fDefineFloatVal>50.0</fDefineFloatVal>
    </Define>
    <Define>
        <DefineName>CAMERA_UPPER_PITCH</DefineName>
        <fDefineFloatVal>-82.0</fDefineFloatVal>
    </Define>
    <Define>
        <DefineName>CAMERA_LOWER_PITCH</DefineName>
        <fDefineFloatVal>-24.0</fDefineFloatVal>
    </Define>
    <Define>
        <DefineName>CAMERA_MAX_SCROLL_SPEED</DefineName>
        <fDefineFloatVal>2000</fDefineFloatVal>
    </Define>
    <Define>
        <DefineName>CAMERA_MAX_TRAVEL_DISTANCE</DefineName>
        <fDefineFloatVal>800</fDefineFloatVal>
    </Define>
    <Define>
        <DefineName>CAMERA_MIN_DISTANCE</DefineName>
        <fDefineFloatVal>400</fDefineFloatVal>
    </Define>
    <Define>
        <DefineName>CAMERA_SMALLEST_MAX_DISTANCE</DefineName>
        <fDefineFloatVal>16000</fDefineFloatVal>
    </Define>

There were few tiny changes to promotions and some text tweaks.

So changes just look like they are intrusive.

Rebuke humbly accepted. Old dog having a rough time accepting and learning new tricks. I'll go curl up in the corner now and take another nap. ;)

@Toffer90 I got this error when going to improvement from one of Complex Trait.
By the way your XML files need to be updated, and one "requires bonus in vicinity" text has capitalized letters unlike three others.

Code:

File "CvScreensInterface", line 238, in linkToPedia

File "Pedia", line 1352, in link

File "Pedia", line 627, in pediaJump

File "PediaImprovement", line 86, in interfaceScreen

RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception
ERR: Python function linkToPedia failed, module CvScreensInterface

This may still happen without PPIO, but I'm unsure.

Last edited:
Top Bottom