Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Civrules, Oct 29, 2005.
40) How do you clear the Hall of Fame?
I've only been able to play the game for about 2 hours, so I apologize if this is a stupid question.
Does anyone know a way to control what the virtual governors of your cities can build when the city is set to autobuild? In Civ III there was a whole set of rules, which could be different for each city if need be.
I had cities autobuilding military units I didn't need, wonders they could never finish, and settlers who had nowhere to settle. Without this feature, the micromanagement can detract from the game.
41) You used to be able to choose the number and type of AI Civs I don't see that anymore. Is there a way to do it now or are you stuck with the default number for the world size chosen and random Civs?
42) Is there any definition for what the options do? The UG states (Pg 168) to "roll over an option for more info" but i don't see any other info. Trying to see what options like -right click menu- and -minimize pop ups- do as I've toggled them on/off but haven't seen any effect
So far I'm a little disappointed as I loved Civ III and haven't quite got the bug for Civ 4 yet. Also don't care for the overall graphics much, some resources are hard to see unless you turn on the display and that's annoying.
There must be two spaces between cities.
Saw the answer to this one in the mods forum. When you click on a city in the F1 view, the bottom portion of what you would normally see from the city view (the production queue and the available units) will appear at the bottom of the screen. It's hard to notice this change and I completely missed it myself until it was pointed out to me. You can change production from there without having to zoom in on a city. Also, the minimap will blink where the selected city is located.
You can also access this "city lite" view (as it is described in the manual) by clicking on the name of the city from the map view.
My best guess for this is to use the various buttons to the left of the build buttons. Called the City Management menu (page 152 of the manual).
Try a custom game. You can select as many or as few civs as you for a map. As well as a few other options.
As for being disapointed, I'm sorry if you do feel that way. It's a different game, that's true, and it takes time to know everything inside out. Play a few games, and read the manual, there's lots of things that people initially complained about (like the domestic advisor not allowing you to jump from the advisor to the city itself to be able to build stuff), that have in fact, turned out to be set up in such a way that it's actually easier (you can click on a city name, and the build options show up at the bottom of the screen).
how can i copy my game cd i dont want to use the original i might damge it so i want to have my own back up cd but i cant copy it, it's not working because the cd game is copyprotected
This was asked before but since no one has answered the question (and I'm really interested in the answer) I'll repost it:
43) In the city view, how can I see the output of shields (hammers sorry!) and commerce each tile produces? I only see the food (bread) output and even then, I always see two slices of bread (even for an irrigated floodplain). Is it a bug? Anyway it's very hard to micro-manage without it.
Yes, it's a bug. There's probably a post or two in the bugs forum, though I can't say if there's any fix just yet. Supposedly a patch is forthcoming from Firaxis, though what it'll fix and when it'll happen, I'm not sure.
44) What does that another "health bar" mean? The one inside the red box
I didint like the 3 unit mode so changed to single unit and enabled health bar, I searched the manual for ages but couldn´t find what that other health bar is representing. Thats a single unit in the city with two health bars. Could it have something to do with fortification or something?
Very stupid question probably but:
45) When you complete building in a city, there is always this pop-up menu giving you the list of all units and buildings and asks you what to build next. However there is no option "not building anything" and the pop-up is always active and does not want to close until you select something to build. It is irritating that I have to give some orders just to make the pop-up close and then go back to the city to empty the building queue. Is there any way to avoid this? If you click the right mouse button on the annoying pop-up only the option "move" is active, you cannot close it or minimize it.
I have the option "minimize pop-ups" enabled.
I have read that you can tear down statues of fallen leaders, How do you that?
Where did u read that?
And yeah, the second health bar makes me wonder too...
Is it possible to clean the hall of fame in the game? I have some really bad test games and I want to have a clean hall of fame before I start with a real game.
Moderator Action: Moved to QuickAnswers as not applicable to the "Civ4 - Hall of Fame Discussion" forum (and you'll get a quicker response there)
Down at the bottom of the 'build list', there are options to build wealth, science or culture. This is the equivalent of 'don't build anything', but it converts all your extra output to gold, science or culture points.
I read it here: http://www.filerush.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4014&highlight=civilization
But does anyone know how u can do it? It would be cool
46) Do more cities or population have any negative effects on your research rate?
47) Long time civ player, so maybe I am too stuck in the past and am not willing to accept the changes, or maybe this is a setting flaw on my computer: When the game begins, the entire screen is black except for the city. I can make very faint images out on the screen of resources, water, etc. I take units out into the world to explore, and the world map opens up, however it takes several turns for the world map to finally open up over my territory and searched area. Is my setting off somehow? Am I even making sense as to what I am trying to ask? Please help - Thanks
that second bar is the extra hps that you get for being fortified (i think)
48) How do you back up the Hall of Fame? In Civ3 it was the HighScores.cv3, but in Civ4, I can't find it.
Separate names with a comma.