1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Answers / 'Newbie' Questions

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Civrules, Oct 29, 2005.

1. Sisiutil

Sisiutil All Leader Challenger

From there, you're usually off to the Statistics and/or Military screens to see how many of the required buildings/units you've completed.

2. frisbee

frisbee Chieftain

Question about floodplain unhealth:

If I have 2 cities that have a couple of shared floodplains in their BFC, do both get hit with the -0.4 :health: unhealth, or only the city that is currently able to work them?

3. Lord Parkin

Lord Parkin aka emperor

Both, as I recall. I believe both would get the positive health benefits from any shared forests too.

4. nfw

nfw King

Anyone know how do I assign circumnavigation bonus to a particular civ?

5. Lord Parkin

Lord Parkin aka emperor

Hmm... not sure about a direct way. For a roundabout way (involving 1 turn being played), you could go into the worldbuilder, reveal map for the civ you want to give circumnavigation to, exit worldbuilder, play the turn, then enter worldbuilder again and unreveal the map ("restore fog" or something). Note that this would work best at the start of the game, since it resets the civ in question's map to only what they can see on that turn.

6. 1889

1889 Mayor of H-Marker Lake

In a related quetsion is there a quick way of checking if any civ has earned the circumnavigation bonus yet?

7. Lord Parkin

Lord Parkin aka emperor

Aside from trawling through the event log, I'm not aware of any way to check, unfortunately.

8. THE Tsubodai

THE Tsubodai Chieftain

Does anyone know what the actual name of Joao II theme from civ 4 is? I can't seem to find the name anywhere.

Thanks.

9. salty mud

salty mud Deity

I think it is just João II's Theme. I'm pretty certain it was composed just for the game.

Link to video.

10. Manco Capac

Manco Capac Friday,13 June,I Collapse

Does bribing off an AI from the @$$ of another AI solely mean a ceasefire or a peace treaty for 10 turns?

Or is it possible for the AI who stopped the war to re-enter in war state via bribing with the same earlier foe within the same turn?

11. pob

pob Deity²

It gives a ceasefire (which was a surprise the first time it happened to me. I bribed Shaka away from someone I was intending to vassalize only for him to declare again the next turn.)

edit: this may not be true, Shaka has since ignored a 10 turn peace treaty with me which should only be possible with an AP resolution, so my game/map is buggy.

12. Jake Blues

Jake Blues Chieftain

Is there any way to move AI settlers around from the World Builder screen? Opening up the text file is beyond my abilities.

13. Lord Parkin

Lord Parkin aka emperor

Delete the old one, and place a new one where you want it. Just don't accidentally leave them with no units or the game will assume they're dead. :)

You can also click "unreveal all tiles" for the relevant player after relocating their Settler, so they don't have a random window of visibility into their old starting area. Oh, and probably worth relocating their Scout or Warrior too. ;)

14. Jake Blues

Jake Blues Chieftain

Ok, thanks. I guess I need to take another look at it because I move my dudes around frequently (isolated starts on Terra), but don't remember seeing how to change to an AI and move their dudes.

15. nfw

nfw King

Well if his naval units have 1 extra move than normal, it's a pretty good indicator.

16. PlutonianEmpire

PlutonianEmpire Socially Awkward Goofball

It's probably been asked before, but has anyone ever tried making a Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri scenario/mod for Civ 4?

17. Darth Fred

Darth Fred Prince

Is there a decent article about cottages floating around somewhere? I may just be impatient here, but I can't seem to find one. Using the search function, I get hits on threads and am trying to avoid sifting through several pages of those.
    F

18. UnforcedError

UnforcedError Settler

How about this one?

19. dalamb

dalamb Deity

In "player mode" there's a drop-down that selects which player (human, AI, barbarian) you want to modify. It's also the way you give barbarians appropriate starting techs (like Archery on Monarch).

20. Danil

Danil Chieftain

I have a question.
    Can I make ONE city to produce just cash? When I'm opening the city window and trying to put research slider to 0% all my cities start to produce 100% gold. What am I doing wrong?