1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quot Capita

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by avain, Jan 29, 2008.

1. avain

avain (key)

Hmmm. Then all cities IF they have an Aquaduct?

2. Nemesys

Nemesys Chieftain

Hello avain,

thanks for explanations on mastery victory mechanics.

anyway, something strange happened to my game.

since mastery victory was enabled in the game I had to wait until very last turn to see end game; i though i was going to win because i had the highest mastery score with just1 turn left to go;

anyway, as i played the last turn it turned out that gandhi/cleopatra alliance (they formed a permanent alliance in mid 20 th century) had launched their spaceship as well and that allowed them to overcome my score and win a mastery victory.
    the strange thing is that no messages on they building spaceship parts went out during the game, while usually this kind of message always appeared just to keep you informed on rivals' progress on spaceship project, regardless of espionage points you had, just as if they compelted a wonder..moreover, at the time of the last turn gandhi still had to complete "mission to mars" project. don't know if cleopatra did, as far as i know she didinot complete it either (because no log appeared!)

don't know if there is some issue with an alliance (2 civs together) building spaceship components and no event log being displayed or what else.
    cannot upload my savegame because it exceeds the 2 mb limit.

i think i will turn matsery victory off from now on as it really ruined an otherwise brilliant first QC game:D

3. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

I assumed that Mastery accounted for all the other victories, so that if you did beat the game in one of the normal ways, the game would then end as normal?

4. achilleszero

achilleszero Emperor

:confused: Wouldnt that just be the same as playing with all the normal victory conditions turned on?

5. xchen08

xchen08 King

Well, that's pretty much the same issue, since unless you are using ICS of some sort, you would most likely need Aquaducts in every city anyway by the time industrialization rolls around. Like I said, I'd prefer it to just give water and maybe some other small bonus to one city and be a National Wonder (making one waterless city useful, like that ice hotel wonder makes one tundra city useful), so every Civ can bring water to one city that otherwise can't get it, though the inability to stack more than 2 national wonders annoyingly rule out some interesting combinations. I haven't been able to think of any clever property for a World Wonder to have that doesn't change gameplay, but hey, it's your mod and some changes to gameplay might not be that bad.

6. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

Not if you never completed any of them :)

7. LegionSteve

LegionSteve Motörhead

I read in the thread for the Mastery victory mod component that if you switch it on it overrides all the other victory conditions, whether you switch them on or not.

EDIT:

Avain, I just noticed a little thing that you might want to fix. The great person Tipu Sultan is a great prophet, but his quote screen that pops up says great merchant.

8. nodnarb

nodnarb Chieftain

In my current game of civilization, (using the QC mod, of course) I decided to build an Andromida (sp? whatever) Strain nuke, and launch it at Saladin :D Since the beginning of the game, this guy has been the biggest douche, so I decided it was about time he got raped. My excitement grew as the weapon was slowly built; this was going to be good! Finally, the time to launch the weapon was at hand! As the mouse went over Mecca, I couldn't help but grin :goodjob: - The results of all of this were somewhat dissapointing though... Going into this, I thought the Andromida Strain would completely decimate our Arabian friend, and some of his neighbors! I was wrong though; instead, all it did was reduce the population of Mecca by four, and make some of the tiles around the city unworkable. I think it would be great if you made the AS a world wonder, or something like the flying machine, panzerkampfwagon VI, etc, that you get for researching a specific tech first. Also, it would be great if you GREATLY increased its power/effects - such as spawning some kind of plague that effects all the cities/living reasources inside the civs cultural boarders (and spreading to other civs, eventually) I don't know if you have the XML experience to do something like this, but it would be very cool nonetheless! This is such a great mod - and aside from this, and the exclusion of an earth map, I'd even go as far as saying its my favorite! Also, have you ever thought about adding the stone-age mod? It would be a great addition!

9. riddleofsteel

riddleofsteel Office Linebacker

I think someone already mentioned the stone age mod, and the author of this mod said he is watching it closely.

10. HG_CassiusA

HG_CassiusA Hallowed are the Ori

EDIT: Never mind. Firefox didn't reload this thread when it restored after a computer crash so I didn't realize how many posts there were since...
    Spoiler :
    No, it needs to be extracted to "[Your BtS folder]/Mods/Quot Capita/Assets/Modules" per avain's instructions in post #592. For you (and most others) the correct path to extract to would be "C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Quot Capita\Assets\Modules"

11. avain

avain (key)

@Nemesys: Did you check the Mastery score on the Victory page (and not the score displayed in the lower left of the playing screen)? The spaceship is a team project, and gives a massive Mastery score boost.
    Mastery victory overrules all other Victory conditions, but I have to agree that it still needs refining ( like when you conquer and vasal all other civs, etc. )

@xchen08: I see. I have to think of something else then.

@LegionSteve: thanks, I'll check it out!

@nodnarb: I can understand your feeling about the lackluster effect of the Andromeda, I think I'll need to beef it up a bit.
    Stone Age is something I like and will most probably include (parts) of it in the future.

12. os79

os79 Deity

I wanted to remove Airship and Giant Bombard from my game because they are not to my personal taste. But when I removed their folders from Modules, the game crashes after about ten to fifteen turns.

So how do I go about removing these two, plus possibly RedBaron if I don't like it as well?

Thanks.

(Already restored the two abovementioned folders to my QC game for now. So it is alright for now.)

13. Angelscotboi

Angelscotboi Emperor

I was wondering about something Avain.

Are you planning on adding/removing/changing the Civilization list?

The reason I ask is because I feel the inclusion of the Holy Roman Empire in the game was the stupidest decision Firaxis has made yet (aside from giving an English Civilization British UU/UB/leaders that is) and would really like to see it gone/replaced.
    Austria would have been more appropriate a Civ to be included, and Charlemange is viewed as the father of France so could be added to the French leader list.

14. The Almighty dF

The Almighty dF Pharaoh

Capo's doing something like that with his Diplomacy mod. Replacing HRE with the Franks.
    I'll agree that it was kind of a dumb move (adding the HRE). Just as dumb as a lump Native civ.

15. avain

avain (key)

@os79: the Giant Bombard is completely WoC standard, so you should be able to remove it. As for the others, those could be a bit trickier, as it's still not WoC completely. But I'll give it a shot, but cannot promise when. Just keep reminding me;)

@Angelscotboi, The Almighty dF: I'm not big fan of HRE either, and for QC I might as well go with Austria (I've seen very nice LHs of Franz Joseph and Maria Theresia)

16. os79

os79 Deity

I'm comparatively better at modding than few months so just tell me why RedBaron and Airship aren't modular, and I will modify the needed xml files or whatever myself.
    Thanks!

And there is one HOT-looking LH, she is Margrete of Denmark. I want to include that iv in QC so I can play with Boudica, Dido, Isabella, Theodara and Margrete.

Hint: Play the game yourself and see why I play with these LHs :D.

17. riddleofsteel

Is Quot Capita 5.1 able to have Varietas Delectat 7.1 copied into it's folder? If not, I'll just wait for a professional to do it :)

Thanks.

18. riddleofsteel

I still don't know why QC Hotseat makes the game crash, I've uninstalled the mod several times, the game and all expansions twice, and done all kinds of things. Does QC 5.1 work with hotseat for anyone here? Thanks.

19. os79

os79 Deity

VD is already merged into QC. And, in addition, Avain is the modder of both of them :).

20. riddleofsteel

Yep, I know. Just wondering if it was easy enough for a noob like me to do it, or if I should let the capable hands of the mods creator do it. Thanks.