Random Events

I don't know if it is classed as an event as such but the quests always seem out of reach for me.

For example, I have just received the horse whisperer quest, I have already got 6 cities on turn 287/4000 on marathon/noble and the continent I am on is saturated and it wants NINE stables!

I can't remember the last time it was a number that I really had any hope of completing without doing a lot of conquering or something.

Any ideas why it is so high?

all of these numbers are essentially based on the global game settings an essentially only depend on map size (the numbers required is the number of default players for the map size you are playing on) - it is well possible that this has not been adjusted to city limits in this mod, so it would probably good to look through all of these quests at some point...

this did not go through last night:

added 5 fire events, all active in 100% of games

lowest chance:
requires flammability of 100 or more in city, iWeight 5 (!)
-> destroys one semi-random building (more flammable buildings have higher chance)

low chance:
requires flammability of 200 or more in city, iWeight 25
I -> pay 10 gold, destroys one semi-random building
II -> destroys one semi-random building and 10% chance to destroy another semi-random building

medium chance:
requires flammability of 300 or more in city, iWeight 125
I -> pay 50 gold, destroys one semi-random building
II -> pay 25 gold, destroys one semi-random building and 10% chance to destroy another semi-random building
III -> destroys one semi-random building, 20% chance for major fire

high chance:
requires flammability of 400 or more in city, iWeight 625
I -> pay 250 gold, destroys one semi-random building and 10% chance to destroy another semi-random building
II -> pay 100 gold, destroys one semi-random building, 20% chance for major fire
III -> destroys one semi-random building, 40% chance for catastrophic fire

highest chance:
requires flammability of 500 or more in city, iWeight 3125
I -> pay 1250 gold, destroys one semi-random building, 20% chance for major fire
II -> pay 250 gold, destroys one semi-random building, 40% chance for major fire
III -> destroys one semi-random building, 80% chance for catastrophic fire

major fire:
destroys buildings until the flammability is reduced below 75% of original (weighed towards flammable ones though less so than the one building fires)

catastrophic fire:
destroys buildings until the flammability is reduced below 50% of original (will tend to target buildings only slightly weighed towards highly flammable ones)
will kill random number of people (0 to not more than half the city population - though realistically will be a few pop points even in large cities) - the actual part of the population killed is random number from 0 to initial flammability/2 divided by (initial flammability plus the square of the city population).

Note: buildings destroyed will never be wonders (world, national, team) or buildings with a hammer cost of 0 (I hope that covers the myths, goods etc.)

do they? if so its easy to change to 1 or below.
The AI is supposed to weigh flammability as not good (if I understand correctly what was said in the flammability thread) and in the events is strictly told to always choose the expensive option.

edit: myths are -1 cost and the zero cost is the same as for the hurricane event, and I have never seen that destroy goods...

do they? if so its easy to change to 1 or below.
The AI is supposed to weigh flammability as not good (if I understand correctly what was said in the flammability thread) and in the events is strictly told to always choose the expensive option.

edit: myths are -1 cost and the zero cost is the same as for the hurricane event, and I have never seen that destroy goods...

The AI XML schema is defined but not yet set up for eitehr flamability or crime, and the code in the AI is not yet implemented, so right now flammability is totally invisibel to the AI. I will address this before V19

So Caesar III has made it into C2C! :lol: Will a little torch bearing ruffian also show up? Or a Prefect to capture Him?

JosEPh :D

The AI XML schema is defined but not yet set up for eitehr flamability or crime, and the code in the AI is not yet implemented, so right now flammability is totally invisibel to the AI. I will address this before V19
This is the current interface for retrieving the information from the property info:
Code:
int	CvPropertyInfo::getAIWeight() const
{
	return m_iAIWeight;
}

int	CvPropertyInfo::getOperationalRangeMin() const
{
	return m_iOperationalRangeMin;
}

int	CvPropertyInfo::getOperationalRangeMax() const
{
	return m_iOperationalRangeMax;
}

AIScaleTypes CvPropertyInfo::getAIScaleType() const
{
	return m_eAIScaleType;
}
AIScale type is one of the following:
Code:
enum AIScaleTypes
{
	AISCALE_NONE = -1,
	AISCALE_CITY,
	AISCALE_AREA,
	AISCALE_PLAYER,
	AISCALE_TEAM
};
Both crime and flammability are currently set to AISCALE_CITY with a weight of -1 (meaning more is worse and the bigger the city the more important to deal with it).

This is the current interface for retrieving the information from the property info:
Code:
int	CvPropertyInfo::getAIWeight() const
{
	return m_iAIWeight;
}

int	CvPropertyInfo::getOperationalRangeMin() const
{
	return m_iOperationalRangeMin;
}

int	CvPropertyInfo::getOperationalRangeMax() const
{
	return m_iOperationalRangeMax;
}

AIScaleTypes CvPropertyInfo::getAIScaleType() const
{
	return m_eAIScaleType;
}
AIScale type is one of the following:
Code:
enum AIScaleTypes
{
	AISCALE_NONE = -1,
	AISCALE_CITY,
	AISCALE_AREA,
	AISCALE_PLAYER,
	AISCALE_TEAM
};
Both crime and flammability are currently set to AISCALE_CITY with a weight of -1 (meaning more is worse and the bigger the city the more important to deal with it).

I haven't written the AI routines yet, but have been thinking about it. Can you set the default weights (or I will when I write the AI if you prefer) to -100 rather than -1 - the numbers are arbitrary until we have code that interprets and scales them, but I want room for small tweaks, which a 'normal' value of -1 doesn't give (+/-1 to -1 is a HUGE change, but +/-1 to -100 isn't)

I haven't written the AI routines yet, but have been thinking about it. Can you set the default weights (or I will when I write the AI if you prefer) to -100 rather than -1 - the numbers are arbitrary until we have code that interprets and scales them, but I want room for small tweaks, which a 'normal' value of -1 doesn't give (+/-1 to -1 is a HUGE change, but +/-1 to -100 isn't)
Best you change that when you write the AI code. It is not used for anything else so you can change it to whatever you want.

Volcano events seem to occure only in land which is invisble to player. Didn't have one appeared while my continent has many peaks, but when I explored the world, I saw a lot of active/dormant volcanoes (I tripled probability of volcano events for test).

I believe volcanos are placed by the map script as well - in all my tests volcanos only trigger in visible land. Note: eruptions of non-volcano features are currently rare. Did you get any notification of a volcano event without it happening in visible tiles?

No. It could pass silently because I didn't explore and reveal that terrain at the time of event. Like you never get rival events text message when you don't meet the civ in which they occur.

No. It could pass silently because I didn't explore and reveal that terrain at the time of event. Like you never get rival events text message when you don't meet the civ in which they occur.

well, they are set to only occur in tiles that the player that gets the event triggered can see - I would be worried if you get the event and it doesn't occur on a tile you can see. It might be necessary to up the chance of them though.

@ori

So what crime events are already in the game that we can work with for the crime values?

None really - some assorted bandit things for some tiles, but that is about it. I am really tempted to raid RiFE/FFH for their crime related events (they have a crime value for that also). Note: I will likely not be able to add any more events prior to the freeze, I am afraid. Both RL and the color/tag change I have undergone here :)mischief:) will keep me busy for a few days. I'll try to add more events after the freeze then.

None really - some assorted bandit things for some tiles, but that is about it. I am really tempted to raid RiFE/FFH for their crime related events (they have a crime value for that also). Note: I will likely not be able to add any more events prior to the freeze, I am afraid. Both RL and the color/tag change I have undergone here :)mischief:) will keep me busy for a few days. I'll try to add more events after the freeze then.

No problem dude. I am just glad that the fire stuff got in. Crime can be put in after the next release. We only have a few more days anyways. I am just doing to cleanup and tidying up myself.

Just glad your still helping. Having someone who can do events is so awesome. it was one part of the mod we just could not mod before. So thank you for your time and effort with modding C2C.

Top Bottom