Random Rants: --... ---.. Don't expect others to convert it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping he's just off sleeping or something. He was talking super-fatalistic yesterday and I asked him if he wanted to hurt himself and he said no. But I'm worried anyways.
:dunno:
aimeeandbeatles said:
Small rant: The freezer broke down and an entire container of ice cream is all melted now.
Re-freeze it then.
Can't you just fry me up some guinea pig or something instead?
I'm not in Guinea.

I could shapeshift into one if you like.

Yes; tipping is mostly about providing a living wage for people and less about sucking up to pretentious customers.
It's hardly pretentious to expect a delivery driver to be able to find your front door. :huh:

The pizza place I use has a space to write delivery instructions when ordering online. So I put down instructions as to how to find my suite, since this building is not shaped like either a square, rectangle, or circle.

(separated because of tone)
Has anybody seen Mouthwash?
Not since he mentioned something exploding nearby and feeling mortal. :(

It's hardly pretentious to expect a delivery driver to be able to find your front door. :huh:

The pizza place I use has a space to write delivery instructions when ordering online. So I put down instructions as to how to find my suite, since this building is not shaped like either a square, rectangle, or circle.
Just so you know, my post was about my view on tipping and not about you. If It had been, I would have quoted you. In regards to delivery, I do not think that pizza (or other delivery people) make an effort to not deliver their product. I think it is just the opposite. Their goal is to deliver it as quickly as they can. Getting lost, being misdirected, not finding an address, etc, certainly hurts them more than the recipients: Other deliveries are late, customers yell at them, their boss yells at them, they lose tips, they get confused. I know how to get to my house easily; I do it every day; it should be obvious to any smart person: street number plus street name. Duh! Well, it's apparently not. and I typically have to provide some step by step directions for first timers. Even with GPS.

Valka, if you have an ongoing issue with deliveries from particular vendors, why not provide them with a map of your building and its various entrances and detailed directions on how to get to your door? Give those to the manager of the pizza shop you use most.

On the subject of customer service, I've dared to write to the Discord support stuff about why their flatpacked version refuses to work and they suggested that I try the latest versions for… OSX, even after I specified that this computer runs Linux.

*scratches head*

The rub with tipped employees is that no one deserves to make $2.15 an hour or whatever the floor is. In California, tipped employees still make full minimum wage + tips, so it's a bit better. I believe generally delivery drivers make full minimum + tips but that may vary. Anyways, what I'm getting at is that for me personally, a tipped employee has to screw up a looot for me to not tip or significantly under tip.

Depends on the employer and the location. Some places it's that crappy $2.15 minimum, and also you're responsible for things like gas and insurance for the car. ATPG had a glorious rant a few years ago about how one of his former employers was paying him so little, throwing so many car-related costs on him, and not doing a good job of telling customers that the delivery fees were getting paid to the store and not the driver, that he sometimes was effectively getting a negative salary, paying more to work for them than he was getting paid.

Has anybody seen Mouthwash?

I'm fine, only one rocket in another part of town tonight (I also have access to the shelter now if I need it).

Just so you know, my post was about my view on tipping and not about you. If It had been, I would have quoted you.
Just so you know, I didn't take it that way. Several of us were complaining, and it looked like you were calling all of us "pretentious."

I repeat: It is not pretentious to expect a delivery driver to be able to find your address. It's also not pretentious to expect him to listen to you when you explain how to find the address/get into the building.

Valka, if you have an ongoing issue with deliveries from particular vendors, why not provide them with a map of your building and its various entrances and detailed directions on how to get to your door? Give those to the manager of the pizza shop you use most.
Birdjaguar, I wish you would read my posts more carefully. The argument I had with the guy who insisted I lived two blocks from my real address happened over six years ago. I don't live there anymore. The pizza/Chinese food/Skip the Dishes drivers don't seem to have much trouble finding this place, although there was a time or two when a new driver got confused between the front door and the back door.

This place has 120 suites, and based on my own observations and the ones I hear about from the manager when he's in a gossipy mood, there are a lot of us in this building who order takeout. Therefore, I would expect most restaurants with delivery service to be familiar with this place (at least the pizza and Chinese food places). And when you order online, particularly via Skip the Dishes, you might not get the delivery from the same restaurant each time (ie. if I order from McDonalds, my order might come from the restaurant in Walmart at the nearest mall, or the nearest standalone place, or the place downtown that's open 24 hours, or... we have a lot of McDonalds franchises in Red Deer, and I'm not going to run around to all of them and give them maps to my building, even if there were maps to give, which there aren't).

The people who have trouble finding this place are the ones like Walmart drivers and other such delivery people. I don't order pizza from them.

Small rant: My computer rebooted while I was in the bathroom and I lost something I was working on. I was stupid and forgot to save before going to the bathroom.

I'm fine, only one rocket in another part of town tonight (I also have access to the shelter now if I need it).
Don't scare us like that, boy.
Small rant: My computer rebooted while I was in the bathroom and I lost something I was working on. I was stupid and forgot to save before going to the bathroom.
What programme was it? It might have a file restore function.

Word processor. No autosave or restore.

What word processor are you using? Usually on LibreOffice you have a relatively good chance of recovering documents after accidental reboots.

This one. It has tabs. I actually did find autosave/backup in the options after the fact, but neither of them are enabled.

I found out yesterday I've been microdosing myself with a potent carcinogen for several months thanks to Wal Mart pharmacy. It's not their fault the manufacturer screwed up but it is 100% their fault that they sent out confusing af recall instructions. They put conflicting pictures on the recall notice that gave a false indication I was in the clear and split a table with product codes across two pages without indicating that there was a second part of the table on the back of the page. I've held onto the recall instructions for a couple of months and every time I'd open a new bottle, I'd check it against the instructions. In all of this time, I never saw the table that on the reverse until I realized yesterday that the pictures they showed were contradictory and took it and one of the bottles into the pharmacy for confirmation. The pharmacists flipped the page over and showed me the second half of the tabulated product codes and found my bottle on it. I had never seen that table until that moment.

Then they didn't have enough pills for a full replacement so they shorted me like 7 pills without any partial refund or anything. I got home and it hit me that even though those pills probably only cost me $0.50 out of pocket, they probably cost my insurance a lot more.

Overall, I'm super pissed.

Why did they continue to fulfill that product's prescriptions if they knew it was in a recall?

I got the RX filled months ago. They gave me a ~6 month supply at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom