Random Rants LXIX: Life is a Dismal Chore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Presumably the Canadian town, rather than its Yorkshire parent?

You mean there's another one? :p I've never been to the UK. I was to the one in Canada about 10 years.

I don't like moving apartments.

The Bulgarians, Serbs, Estonians, Greeks, Irish et al. also have their own bagpipes and only the very last of those groups has a vested interest in annoying the English.
Yes, but they are used to annoy Turks, Austrians and Russians, which are all fundamentally different species of Englishman.

I don't like moving apartments.
Leave them where they are?
Spoiler serious answer :
:hug:

Yes, but they are used to annoy Turks, Austrians and Russians, which are all fundamentally different species of Englishman.
You might not believe this, but some people actually like the sound, rather than its effects on the enemy foreigners.
Blame it being the end of a long day. :p
Why is it so unthinkable to spend ten years in Canada?

Did you not have the mental image of a hyper-muscular aimee pulling the apartment out of the building and flying off with it?

I lose more faith in humanity everyday. Why do I still have any?

Because the rational part of your brain recognizes that the horrible behavior we hear about is far from being the norm and that people are still basically good.

You might not believe this, but some people actually like the sound, rather than its effects on the enemy foreigners.
Why is it so unthinkable to spend ten years in Canada?

A billion years ago, I read in Ripley's Believe it or Not that bagpipes were invented in Egypt and taken to Britain by the Roman legions.

If I ever have to flee the US, Halifax is my destination of choice.

If I ever have to flee the US, I'm heading to Iraq. Assuming some of my old sources are still alive, I was close enough with them that they'd take me in.

A billion years ago, I read in Ripley's Believe it or Not that bagpipes were invented in Egypt and taken to Britain by the Roman legions.
It will remain forever shrouded in mystery, I think.
If I ever have to flee the US, I'm heading to Iraq. Assuming some of my old sources are still alive, I was close enough with them that they'd take me in.
As a guest, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom