Random Rants LXXXIX: I HATE MOVING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've recently learned just how *bad* the RCMP is and I have to say I'm so disappointed. They got good marketing, with the horseys and hats and the snazzy red uniforms

According to Wikipedia:

The mounted police's deployment onto the plains in 1874 became known as the "March West"....

On July 29, the main force then turned off the trail and headed across the much drier and rougher prairies to the north-west.[34] The police had no water bottles and soon both their food and water ran out; as the weather worsened, their horses began to die.[35] When the force arrived at what they thought was Fort Whoop-Up at the junction of the Bow and South Saskatchewan rivers on September 10, there was nothing to be seen, as the fort was in fact around 75 miles (121 km) away.[36] The police had expected the area to contain good grazing for their horses but it was barren and treeless.[37] French was forced to abandon the plan to head to Whoop-Up and instead travelled 70 miles (110 km) south towards the border, where supplies could be purchased from the United States.[38] Yet more horses died from the cold and hunger, and many of the men were barefoot and in rags by the time they arrived, having travelled a total of nearly 900 miles (1,400 km).[39]....

The expedition had been badly planned and executed, and almost failed; the historian William Baker describes it as "a monumental fiasco of poor planning, ignorance, incompetence, and cruelty to men and beasts".[42] Nonetheless, it rapidly became portrayed by the force as epic story of bravery, endurance and determination.[46]

A definite show of competence right from the beginning!

25 years ago, I went to a lot of Dodger games. Tickets were $5-6. :love: I just surfed by their website, which announces: "Tickets as low as $64." :gripe:

I was supposed to vote in the municipal election yesterday, but my mother lost/threw away my voter information (including the code I needed to vote online) after taking it off my desk for "safekeeping." After I told her to not touch it.

I was supposed to vote in the municipal election yesterday, but my mother lost/threw away my voter information (including the code I needed to vote online) after taking it off my desk for "safekeeping." After I told her to not touch it.

Ow! This causes me physical pain. :wallbash: I wish I had some words of comfort for you. :shake:

25 years ago, I went to a lot of Dodger games. Tickets were $5-6. :love: I just surfed by their website, which announces: "Tickets as low as $64." :gripe:

Tickets now, or tickets in the future? I'd kinda expect tickets to be more expensive during a pandemic that limits stadium capacity, just by supply and demand.

Rant: My flu shot was cancelled because of shortages.

And my doctor's crappy web portal spammed me with 15 emails about it.

This ramp...what the hell were they thinking? How is someone in a wheelchair supposed to get down that safely?

Some idjit wrote a letter to the Chronically Horrible whining that the Atlantic bubble is "reactive, judgy, and borderline paranoid" and requiring people from COVID-infested provinces to isolate for 14 days was way too restrictive. It's preventing people from SEEING THEIR FAMILIES (because apparently the internet and video chat doesn't exist)!!

After all, who cares if a bunch of old and disabled people die?

Hadn't heard from my oldest friend for a while. Heard from him today. He and his whole family got COVID-19. He's been handling it at home, his dad shrugged it off pretty easily, but his mom's been in the hospital.

Hadn't heard from my oldest friend for a while. Heard from him today. He and his whole family got COVID-19. He's been handling it at home, his dad shrugged it off pretty easily, but his mom's been in the hospital.

ah damn

send my best wishes

in other news, i swear it never gets quiet in this airless, joyless, suffocating apartment, there's always some random bass-y noise coming from neighbouring apartments at all times of the day and night. I just did an all nighter finishing off an assignment and I don't need this right now.

hopefully only a couple more months in this hell until i can move

(I had to edit this post three times to remove swearing, why do I keep coming on to this website)

Because there are still people you like here? :X

The T in TK stands for Tsundere then.

The harm done to society by classifying some drugs as having “no medicinal value” and thus forbidding their study.

I’m not an advocate for recreational drug use, but prohibiting their research harms people already suffering.

Kind of a thought-rant.

Example: marijuana being prohibited for its health-damaging properties and thus banning research on potentially legitimate uses such as cannabis oil for epileptic patients.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom