Random Rants VII: Why do they ALWAYS do that?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A thread made jsut for Curt ;)

My life hit a very horsehockey fan. for reasons a few will know about.

I have pneumonia. :(

And the antibiotics the doctor prescribed to me are unbearably expensive. 10 pills, that will last for 5 days... 20 euro?? And that's not the only thing I have to take. And if after 5 days there's no improvement, I'll have to take 16 injections. S41t, I remember I had a pneumonia when I was 10 or so, and those were incredibly painful, especially the penicillin.

How the hell did I get the cold that evolved into this, in the middle of the summer, while I've done nothing to exhaust myself, and so on.... I have no idea. So let's see, I've been to Las Vegas... that's the last place on Earth where you can catch a cold... and then to Slovenia, where people were sunbathing on the grass... and now in Bucharest, where there have been around 36 degrees C the whole last week. :hmm: I don't get it.

And the antibiotics the doctor prescribed to me are unbearably expensive. 10 pills, that will last for 5 days... 20 euro?? And that's not the only thing I have to take. And if after 5 days there's no improvement, I'll have to take 16 injections. S41t, I remember I had a pneumonia when I was 10 or so, and those were incredibly painful, especially the penicillin.

How the hell did I get the cold that evolved into this, in the middle of the summer, while I've done nothing to exhaust myself, and so on.... I have no idea. So let's see, I've been to Las Vegas... that's the last place on Earth where you can catch a cold... and then to Slovenia, where people were sunbathing on the grass... and now in Bucharest, where there have been around 36 degrees C the whole last week. :hmm: I don't get it.

Hope I don't get pneumonia. I'm allergic to penicillin.

Colds have nothing to do with temperature, they're a viral infection.

And pneumonia is generally not related to colds, it's usually a bacterial infection, which is why you're taking antibiotics for it.

And pneumonia is generally not related to colds, it's usually a bacterial infection, which is why you're taking antibiotics for it.

Man, don't tell me, I know that. The last part wasn't serious. :) I know that perfectly well. Don't worry, I'm not that stupid. I was simply angry and annoyed. I should have put an ";)" in there to make it clear. And I've had quite a lot of experience with antibiotics when I was younger, so I know perfectly well how they work (in fact, I even predicted exactly what the doctor was going to prescribe me). You know, it was the way you say things like "how the hell did I fall and break my arm, I thought I didn't drink enough for that to happen", when you are completely sober - you know that's not why it happened, but you're angry so you just... feel like saying something like that.

Then again, I got this pneumonia 2 days after I got the virose (is that the English name for it? I don't think so, but I don't know how to call it, let's just call it a cold). I'm pretty sure it was at least helped, if not induced by the same little devils that gave me the cold.

Man, don't tell me, I know that. The last part wasn't serious. :) I know that perfectly well. Don't worry, I'm not that stupid. I was simply angry and annoyed. And I've had quite a lot of experience with antibiotics when I was younger, so I know perfectly well how they work (in fact, I even predicted what the doctor was going to prescribe me).

Then again, I got this pneumonia 2 days after I got the virose (is that the English name for it? I don't think so, but I don't know how to call it). I'm pretty sure it was at least helped, if not induced by the same little devils that gave me the cold.

Are you trying to say virus? Or the plural virii? :smug:

Are you trying to say virus? Or the plural virii? :smug:

No, actually after looking in some dictionaries I got the right word: virosis. I guess I could have just called it viral infection, as Zelig did, I just wanted to use this name because that's the more "official" name around here. :) The Romanian word is "viroza", so it could have been either "virose" or "virosis" in English, following the normal changes you have to apply to a word with Latin origin from English.

Another rant: now apparently while I'm taking those medications I'm not allowed to eat salty or sour foods (those are the flavors I love most) and I'm not allowed to eat or drink anything containing either chocolate or caffeine. Great. :( No coffee, tea, coke, chocolate cereals in the morning, no sour soup (which is traditional around here, and very good), no lemon juice, no salad (or salad that tastes like crap)... So great.

Actually, recent study has shown that the immune system is negatively affected by low temperatures, which is a possible reason for the body developping pyrexia to cope with such infections.

True, and also from what I've heard extensive exhaustion or sleep deprivation can help a lot too in bringing your immune system down. :)

My landlord is refusing to give me the apartment we agreed on (and I paid for), because the previous tenet won't move out, and he says he's having trouble evicting her.

So, if a legal solution isn't found in the next 5 days, I am homeless.

My landlord is refusing to give me the apartment we agreed on (and I paid for), because the previous tenet won't move out, and he says he's having trouble evicting her.

So, if a legal solution isn't found in the next 5 days, I am homeless.

The baseball bat sounds like a good idea. An alternative would be to release rabid animals into the room. That should get her running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom