Random Rants XLVIII: Worst. Thread Title. Ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I'm happy enough too. Just that in my case it's unreasonably so. Nothing to do with my ideology, way of life, or physical good health.

edit: the above reply is a rather neat side-step, imo.

Oh, I'm happy enough too. Just that in my case it's unreasonably so. Nothing to do with my ideology, way of life, or physical good health.

I am glad for you. No "reason" needed to be happy.

You know, "pursuit of happiness" is one of those inalienable rights from the American Declaration of Independence that our founders changed to "property" when it came down to codifying those rights.

I know WHY they changed it, and I don't like it.

"Man should eat, drink and enjoy all the fruits of their labor." Ecclesiastes.

'The life of a human being is worth more than all the gold of [belonging to] the richest man in the world'.

The sentiment's there. And that's why I can never agree with Guevara's methods or his supporters.

I forgot to respond to this, Takh, to what methods and to which supporters are you referring? Even in North America, where they have commercialized the Comandante's image, Che still evokes a spirit of indomitable will and sacrifice that people I meet (even doctors and lawyers) find admirable. I have my criticisms, but nit for this forum.

Sent via mobile; apologies for constantly yammering on and on....

Being happy is the best thing in the world, and should be the ultimate end of our actions. That is why I like Epicurus.

I have a headache, and almost 7 hours of being forced into volunteering in 90°F heat and high humidity. Not in a good mood at all.

Send early this morning (3 AM) an email around, if not maybe somebody wants to eat some ice cream this afternoon. Now it's nearly 4 PM, and I haven't got any answer :(.
Since the email is also an invitation to kill the rest of the self made Pizza from yesterday, I somehow fear I'll again eat Pizza for a half week :(.

Being happy is the best thing in the world, and should be the ultimate end of our actions. That is why I like Epicurus.

I wish you the best, then!

I have a headache, and almost 7 hours of being forced into volunteering in 90°F heat and high humidity. Not in a good mood at all.

Get plenty if fluids and be satisfied that your brother has someone like you to do these kinds of things for him. :goodjob:

Sent via courier pigeon; apologies for the *splat*.... I'll clean that up.

NO, YOUTUBE, I DO NOT WANT TO USE MY FULL NAME!! Quit bloody asking me, mmkay?!

@ReindeerThistle: My problem with Guevara and most of the Hoyl Revolutionaries is that they killed for their 'ideals'. Strangely enough the heroic Castros have made themselves rulers for life of a banana republic. Of course, I don't see how we can possibly agree on this.

@The_J: tupperware, man!

Thank you, Takh. I wanted to know what you think. To me, Che's expression is more than a sentiment and I am in no position nor do I have any desire to kill for my cause. None of my colleaguss have, either. We see plenty of death in our daily work.

Sent via mobile; apologies for any mistakes.

Brave New World will be released on Friday.
I've got most of this week off, but from Friday to Sunday I'll be pulling 12-hour shifts.

It's not so much about the Pizza :/.
Oh. I'd prescribe a lessening of the amounts of Internet-time for you then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom