1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Random Rants XLVIII: Worst. Thread Title. Ever!

Discussion in 'Picture Threads Archive' started by choxorn, Jun 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IdiotsOpposite

IdiotsOpposite Boom, headshot.

Thank you for the support, people. The situation has already been defused in this instance, but if another instance arises, I'll be sure to remember this advice.

2. Joecoolyo

Joecoolyo 99% Lightspeed

Rant: First paycheck is disappointingly small :(

3. PlutonianEmpire

PlutonianEmpire Socially Awkward Goofball

It will only get worse from there. :(

Rant: I learned tonight to turn off my bedroom light *after* retiring to my room for the night, lest the dogs (one of them a terrier) mistake my dark figure for an intruder. Needless to say, the terrier's loud sudden barking scared me crapless.

4. _random_

_random_ Jewel Runner

Wait I don't think that's how that works.

5. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Night Elven Ghost Agent

Versailles City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    When did you start working and when is your work's payday?

6. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

Crap, I forgot that my health insurance has percentage excess. Means no money left over at the end of the month for 2 months instead of only 1 :mad::mad::mad:.

7. ReindeerThistle

ReindeerThistle Zimmerwald Left

Be grateful you HAVE health insurance.... Adjunct professors in Chicago got their hours gerrymandered so that UIC, et al, do not have to provide health insurance anymore.

Sent via mobile; apologies... Can't shake this cough...

8. Peck of Arabia

Peck of Arabia Sociable Recluse

I thought I'd be going to a BBQ today, or having some friends round to enjoy the glorious summer weather with beers in the garden and suchlike

It's now half 4 in the afternoon and neither's happened :(

9. ReindeerThistle

Please accept a virtual hug from me and my colleagues, as we are rushing to get a kitchen done and would otherwise be out in the beautiful sunshine...

Sent via mobile; apologies for the sawdust on your burger...

10. aimeeandbeatles

aimeeandbeatles watermelon

I have a bit sniffles and sneezing

11. ReindeerThistle

I am staying away from you... No offense, but a few of my colleagues got a bad bug while I was out of town and I was not interested in catching anything exotic. <knock on wood> I have not even had a cold in three years.

Sent via mobile; apologies for the excessive hand sanitizer....

12. IdiotsOpposite

IdiotsOpposite Boom, headshot.

Rant: My D&D campaign is delayed another week - I want to shoot something, damn it!

13. SamSniped

SamSniped DJ Goodboye

Spoiler :
    Being forced to spend seven hours in the heat and sun to help at my youngest brother's baseball tournament has continued my ******* awful mood from last night. Also tired of being ignored and treated like **** by various people. On top of this all, last night I once again ended up thinking of all the **** I put up with, and barely got any good sleep. I am going to snap at the next person who annoys me, I'm pretty sure.

14. Joecoolyo

Joecoolyo 99% Lightspeed

Mid June is when I started, and its bi-weekly pay. Though this time due to odd hours I got mine 3 weeks after starting.

I wa expecting 100 dollars more than I got. At this rate, I won't be able to afford a good computer at the end of the summer. Not unless I either get more hours, or more gifts :(

15. shadowplay

shadowplay (boss music)

My dog needs emergency surgery tomorrow morning for bladder stones. :(

16. PlutonianEmpire

PlutonianEmpire Socially Awkward Goofball

Dude. You're coming off as a holier-than-thou health snob. I must admit it is kinda irritating.

But hey, my own statements earlier about health and fitness automatically rendered my above complaint null and void, right?

Sigh. :(

17. ReindeerThistle

Hey, it's a relief... (I mean, you have seen the pics...)

Usually people at CFC are irritated by my Communism, my defense of Stalin, and my constantly bringing up the fact that I have spent 21 years in voluntary service to America's lowest-income working people -- i.e. without pay.

Sent via mobile; jeez, there I go again...

18. Dachs

Dachs Hero of the Soviet Union

don't forget the self-righteousness :)

19. Borachio

Borachio Way past lunacy

For once, Dachs, we're nearly in agreement.

I must say it must be nice to live in a cosy world where everything is sorted for you (through your own efforts naturally): where you work at something you love, have the "right(eous)" ideology, enjoy supremely good health, have fabulous relationships with everyone around you, and are in a position to make a real difference in improving the lives of your fellow human beings. (Let's not forget a little martyrdom at the hands of the authorities, either.)

What's not to like? I'm very envious. I count very low on all those metrics.

And yet, Mr Thistle, perhaps I do you an injustice? Perhaps things aren't really as rosy in the Thistle garden as you make out?

Still, self-congratulation is nice. If there's no other kind to be had.

20. ReindeerThistle

Thanks, but I an actually pretty low on hubris....

@Borachio: just because I am happy, does not mean I am "satisfied" by any means. I live in the US, where we have "housing" authorities who don't consider you homeless and in need of shelter if you live in a car with your 7 year-old daughter; where heat exposure-related deaths are 10 times the deaths of all other natural disasters combined (according to a Commonwealth of Massachusetts report and resolution) and where Public agencies whose stated documented purpose is to PROTECT consumers from the "potential abuse of monopoly power" allow utility companies to raise rates beyond affordable -- I am not making this up, they raise the rates solely to.maintain profit because people are using less energy; and when State Senators' offices try to intervene on behalf of poor families, they are told it's "redundant" that this agency will take care of it (with no help forthcoming.)

Yeah, so, I want to keep living to end things like that -- so I cherish the things I work for and achieve -- even though I receive no salary, the work is its own reward.

Thanks for your post. I do well, considering...

Sent via borrowed wireless; apologies for getting cut o

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.