Random Rants XVIII: It's cold as hell!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interestingly enough we had our first snow today as well.

45* and it was snow flurrying. Is it even possible to snow @ that temperature? Nevertheless it was real snow. Felt like rain smaller than rain sprinkles but twas snow.

OH, a rant. right.

Y!A people are very stupid.

Oh, it wasn't our first snow, but I was waiting for the bus this morning and was caught in a snow flurry with lots of wind :mad:

Oh, and then I was outside for over an hour during the afternoon, and got a combination of snow, hail, and rain, pounded into my left ear :mad:

Relative to what?

The internet has left me in despair for reasons entirely unrelated to OT.

I need to stop treating the 'net as Serious Business.

I now have to get to Baltimore tomorrow morning by an alternative method, having unexpectedly lost the use of a friend's car.

This should be interesting. And expensive. Mostly expensive.

Well, it hasn't yet gotten below 50 here during the day, but has rained a lot.

Folks haven't been sufficiently spreading the meme of "Aimee's fallacy" (termed for Aimee recognizing it and enlightening us all)

Also: Some people out there likely still think "meme" is pronounced "meemee." This is something that must be corrected again and again :whipped:

Well, it hasn't yet gotten below 50 here during the day, but has rained a lot.

Well, it hasn't yet gotten above 50 here at all, but it has snowed all day.

And the snow was much colder than the air. freezing cold. Gave me a headache.

Finally I am a noob who needs to scroll up :(

After no small amount of hand-wringing, I discovered several things.

1. MARC does not operate on weekends. So I'd have to ride an actual Amtrak train, coach, to get there.

2. Said coach tickets would have had me out fifty bucks. At least. Probably more, I didn't double-check the schedule from the bus to the metro (the step before the train).

3. Cabs still cost more than weekend Metro + weekend train.

4. I don't actually have to be there at the time recommended.

So, at four in the morning, I pulled a Bill O'Reilly and elected to do it live. That is, on Monday. When I can actually get a train that won't run me a disgusting amount of money.

I went to Ikea the other day. It was terrifying, they were trying to push their weird food and everything had some foreign name. Like a lamp was called Lampan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom