Random Rants XXXVII: The Server Is Too Busy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somedays, I just want to be away from people because I do nothing but annoy them :-/.

Somedays, I just want to be away from people because I do nothing but annoy them :-/.
Unfortunately, complaining about always annoying people only serves to make them even more annoyed.

Rant: Unfortunately, I feel the same way as CivG.

Was woken up today by the sound of Rush Limbaugh blasting from the radio in the next room. I managed to burn off most of my aggression at the gym.

Was woken up today by the sound of Rush Limbaugh blasting from the radio in the next room. I managed to burn off most of my aggression at the gym.
I'd chuck the radio to the wall and go back to sleep :D.

Watching someone in agony and not being able to do a damn thing to help him is an awful experience. I hope it never happens it again.....

Rant: I think I got too short a haircut...

Not enough work available.

Having more issues with subscribed threads. Also, the :agree: smilie and the [pissed] smilie are showing up as weird things now.

Spoiler What I See :

The half cut picture of the guy is the agree smilie, the star wars one is the pissed smilie.
Coincidentally, the guy in the agree smilie is Neal Morse, one of my favorite artists.

I was reading an article and it quoted someone but simply omitted all the swear words (rather than replacing them with some family-friendly variant). It looked very very strange.

Having more issues with subscribed threads. Also, the :agree: smilie and the [pissed] smilie are showing up as weird things now.

Spoiler What I See :

The half cut picture of the guy is the agree smilie, the star wars one is the pissed smilie.
Coincidentally, the guy in the agree smilie is Neal Morse, one of my favorite artists.
:scan: This is intriguing.

Corrupted cache is what I would say.

Rant: Civ 4 modding sucks and is overly complicated. It's even worse that the vast majority of the "utilities" designed to "help" and make it "easier" won't bleeping work on my computer.

All I needed was a simple image to map conversion, and all the damn thing ever did every time I tried to load it on the game was make the game crash. I did every damn thing I could think of, and the it kept crashing the damn game.

Screw you Firaxis for making Civ 4 modding too damn complicated and too damn hard. :mad:

Rant: Civ 4 modding sucks and is overly complicated. It's even worse that the vast majority of the "utilities" designed to "help" and make it "easier" won't bleeping work on my computer.

All I needed was a simple image to map conversion, and all the damn thing ever did every time I tried to load it on the game was make the game crash. I did every damn thing I could think of, and the it kept crashing the damn game.

Screw you Firaxis for making Civ 4 modding too damn complicated and too damn hard. :mad:

I can try to help if you'd like, but the map conversion thing is iffy, I don't think that there was ever a utility that successfully converted regular pictures to worldbuilder. I know there;s one that works for certain colored bitmaps, but that's about it.

I can try to help if you'd like, but the map conversion thing is iffy, I don't think that there was ever a utility that successfully converted regular pictures to worldbuilder. I know there;s one that works for certain colored bitmaps, but that's about it.
Can I send you a pm with the image? :)

Rant: I'm being pressured to switch to caffeine-free mountain dew, so on Monday, I went to the store to look for it, but they told me they've never heard of it, so just now I remembered to look it up online.

Caffeine-free Mountain Dew is simply not sold *anywhere* in Minnesota. [pissed]

Rant 2: The past five months have been increasingly pissing me off, including lack of snow, pressure from those around me to change my lifestyle, increasing numbers and frequencies of "minor inconveniences", unhappy REM sleep dreams, and overall BS'ing going on around me by this piece of bleep universe. [pissed]

Screw you Firaxis for making Civ 4 modding too damn complicated and too damn hard.
The image to map converter is an absolute pain, but if you keep yourself to XML editing (and stay well clear of the .tga file) Civ4 modding is very easy.
Rant 2: The past five months have been increasingly pissing me off, including lack of snow, pressure from those around me to change my lifestyle, increasing numbers and frequencies of "minor inconveniences", unhappy REM sleep dreams, and overall BS'ing going on around me by this piece of bleep universe.

Link to video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom