Random Raves #38: Raving Ravephats

Status
Not open for further replies.
But I just woke up!

Yeah, get back into bed.

Ah. I see. If I'd been born some 3200 miles to the west, I'd qualify to stand as a presidential candidate this cycle.

(Actually, that would probably make me Canadian, but still.)
Surprisingly, the only technical age limit for being Prime Minister is that you have to be old enough to vote. So in theory, an 18-year-old who runs for party leader (and wins), wins his seat in a federal election or by-election, and that party wins at least a minority in that federal election, could become Prime Minister.

It's not likely to ever happen, though. The youngest PM we ever had was Joe Clark, who was 39. Justin Trudeau (the current PM) was 43 when he won the election last October.

Is there a news feed which gives a decent amount of "good news" as well?

I realise it is a common practise in the West to only publish something that is clickbait-worthy, but I would like a source which would post advancements in science or human rights along all those shootings or politics dramas.
CBC.ca publishes good news sometimes. But if you want to comment on articles, you have to use what looks like a real name to the moronic moderators they have there. I had to go through a 2-step verification process earlier today, first for my email address, and then it took them an hour or two to figure out if the name I put down "looked real." Well, it looks real, but it's not my real name. I'd be an idiot to use my real name on a site like that, considering that I'm a left-wing voter in a predominantly right-wing part of Canada, and that CBC doesn't give a damn if any of us end up stalked, harassed, fired, evicted, threatened, or has our identity stolen as a result of this new policy.

It's been rather amusing, seeing how some people have been getting around this.

If there's tear gas and/or pepper spray, take vinegar and/or magnesium hydroxide as well; Putting vinegar on a cloth and breathing through that stops your mouth, nose and throat from getting burned (so you're able to breathe), while magnesium hydroxide helps cure already-existing chemical burns

Have your internets been fixed yet, dusters?

Good debates on CFC today.

Rave and Rant.

Rave: Went on a date today (Tuesday) and it went well. It was our first, and we spent a good six hours strolling around town and talking. We agreed to go out again later.

Plus, I have another date tomorrow night.

Rant: They are not the same woman.

I'm not in a committed relationship, and the second one is just casual dating, but going off what I know about her, the first date (the one I saw today) would want something more serious if things go well. I'd hate to have to choose.

Have your internets been fixed yet, dusters?

Oh, yes. I took my minimum knowledge of the law, took the contract with my ISP and wrote an angry letter stating that it is their duty to provide the service mentioned in the contract and they should do it without requesting any additional fees other than mentioned in the contract.

We got a technician from ISP the next week and they didn't charge anything as a result. Also - seems like I was right about wifi in a 9-storey buiilding thing, now that I have a direct cable to my PC and not wifi, it works nearly flawlessly.

And thanks for asking.

Thanks, I will check CBC.ca from time to time. It is rather hard to distinguish what news source is less biased nowadays so I'm looking for new sources now and then.

Beat my homey in starcraft... I used to always beat him until we switched to sc2 and he learned how to get good. He's mostly better than I am now, so on the rare occasion we play vs each other instead of 2 vs strangers, he's a worthy opponent. I just really like that I still got it aka know how to metagame him harder than he to me :)

@Phrossack: You're ranting about too many wimminz?

@dusters: Glad to see that there are countries in which writing an angry letter still works.

Right now you're holding three serial threads at the same time. I congratulate you, Tolni. You are on the road to becoming a new Takhisis.

That is one of the reasons why you are still on the road instead of finally arriving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom