Random Thoughts IV: the Abyss Gazes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Work up a contract and I will appoint you as my royal biographer.
"Drinks ice tea like a fiend" is one detail that has stuck with me, as I have fleshed out this character in my mind.
Pugilistic, you'd want to add.
Do you approve of this, Tim? The terms of the cotnract would vary depending on your attitude towards tea.
Random thought: A lot of those products that show up on late-night infomercials (the ones with incompetent people) would actually be pretty useful for people with disabilities.
Have you ever tried one? I'm curious.
As the saying goes: "Come to the Dark Side... we have cookies."

Chocolate chip, hopefully (I bought some last night to celebrate a minor breakthrough in my NaNoWriMo story).
It has to be dark chocolate.

Do you approve of this, Tim? The terms of the cotnract would vary depending on your attitude towards tea.

I'm pretty sure that "Drinks iced tea like a fiend" was actually a direct quote, so I certainly can't dispute that. Pugilistic I had to look up, and I would say that the specification about fists doesn't really apply.

Have you ever tried one? I'm curious.

Not yet, though I have considered a few of them for when I become fully independent.

I'm pretty sure that "Drinks iced tea like a fiend" was actually a direct quote, so I certainly can't dispute that. Pugilistic I had to look up, and I would say that the specification about fists doesn't really apply.
So you're just more generally violent, then?

Last edited:
I'm not sure what that means.

I added a quote to fix that.
Not yet, though I have considered a few of them for when I become fully independent.
And how would you become fully independent? I hope that you have a good plan for that, which, maybe, your mother shouldn't find out about.

So you're just more generally violent, then?

We should say that when violence is unavoidable I am always playing to win, and will stack the deck to that end in any way that comes to hand.

Occasionally dwelling on death is supposedly good for you (in very small doses), as it helps to prepare the human psyche for our inevitable demise.

If there's one thing in life that probably doesn't really require much mental preparation it's this.

If there's one thing in life that probably doesn't really require much mental preparation it's this.

Being dead comes pretty easily. The actual dying can be a vastly different experience depending on preparation though, I think.

I added a quote to fix that.

And how would you become fully independent? I hope that you have a good plan for that, which, maybe, your mother shouldn't find out about.

I'm working on it.

Being dead comes pretty easily. The actual dying can be a vastly different experience depending on preparation though, I think.

Yeah but you're not going to mess it up and fail to die are you.

Nope. Like I said, being dead is pretty easy, by all indications. But I've seen people die who were pretty well prepared, and seen people die who went out kicking and screaming. The end is the same, but man the process looks like one way is highly preferable over the other.

Maybe, but once it's done you're not going to care either way. And you have to weigh that against the time you've had to spend dwelling on death in order to get prepared in the first place, rather than using that time to fully appreciate your delicious microwave soup.

Maybe, but once it's done you're not going to care either way. And you have to weigh that against the time you've had to spend dwelling on death in order to get prepared in the first place, rather than using that time to fully appreciate your delicious microwave soup.

Yeah, it's a tough call. I mean if you draw the good card and get struck by lightning or something then any prep work at all is probably wasted. On the other hand there are those really long drawn out dyings that might make you regret some of that soup induced reverie.

The thought of dementia terrifies me.

I think I have a good reason to be especially terrified of it.

Eventually, no, but there are plenty of people who manage not to fail for a surprisingly long time. Stephen Hawking, Eleanor of Aquitaine, Enrico Dandolo and the Queen and her mother all spring to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom