Random Thoughts XII - Floccinaucinihilipilification

Status
Not open for further replies.
ngl the first song that came to mind was the Imperial March, and I laughed.
Same here. :lol:

I remember one year on May 4, the bells in the tower on Parliament Hill played the Imperial March. Harper was still PM at the time, so I just assumed he was emphasizing the Darth Vader part of what passes for his personality.

Earlier tonight, as I was walking back to the house from my evening stroll, I passed a woman who was moving her very young girl in a pushchair (?). When I got in front of them for a couple of paces, the girl said, in a conspiratorial tone (to her mother) "that person is a magician". The mother asked "Oh he is?", as if not believing in it, so the girl repeated the statement, with conviction. As for myself, it is nice that my hearing is excellent, but I found that commoner's lack of faith disturbing.

On to more trivial news, I decided to create a third literary seminar, so it will take me upwards of a month to complete. Wrote over 1000 words on it today.
Well, every picture I can remember seeing you in has you either dressed like a Byzantine Emperor or you're wearing black. So it's a tossup between whether the girl in the stroller thought you were Albus Dumbledore or Severus Snape. :p

Does cynicism swing back round into naïveté eventually?

Some people have such cynical takes that they eventually become totally detached from the way things actually work or are. They’re effectively returning to naive state, no?

Wrote 3000 words for my new lit seminar. I have 3000 more from old attempts, but I will only use those if I get desperate :)
Still, since the goal is roughly 60.000 words, getting to 1/20 in 2 days is fine.
Besides, it could have went far worse. I do have an audience/buyers pool from the other seminars, and this one started flamboyantly with a famous web flash fiction and some theoretical examination of structure as a mannequin you dress with the specific plot of the story - and, of course, a parallelism with the use of Thales' first theorem.

Seminar = +€€€

Given how Greek can still render compound words in the ancient words, perhaps one day you can have a son called ‘Europhilos’.

A more greek-sounding name would be phileuropios. Not that it is particularly euphonic either.

Google doesn't even recognize the term euphonic - probably because it's not some lowly subculture gutter piece ^_^

No, not phileuropios, because this isn't about Europe but Euros, the currency. Remember, you're a Europhile.

Europhanes/phania.
Eurodoros/dora.
Eurodosios/dosia.

And so forth.
Google doesn't even recognize the term euphonic - probably because it's not some lowly subculture gutter piece ^_^
That doesn't sound right.

Hello? Google v. euphony not sounding right? Is this microphone still on?

Typically, it's your browser that has the in-line spellchecker, not the website you're posting on.

Hmmmmm. There's a ‘Snorken’ account on CFC, I've just discovered.

And it claims to be Swedish.

Perhaps Snerk is the evil twin after all.

Finally got the chance to listen to albums again, and so decided to check out Toto's discography. Turns out they made a lot more music than just the four or five songs of theirs I know/like.

A lot more music. 15 albums! One was even released two years ago.

Anyway, I'm listening to Kingdom of Desire right now, which is labeled as "hard rock," a marked difference from the usual pop. I am indifferent.

So the evil one is a vicious Dane? Must be called something like Snørk.

So when they say "giant African snails", they really mean giant African snails. Not quite as big as the one in Love and Monsters, but... :lol:

Spoiler :

EDIT: Oh, good. They also carry parasites called "rat lungworm." Reminds me of Cloverfield, with the little critters that drop off the big one.

Last edited:
Are google search results dying?
Google is trash for any serious research these days. I recommend duckgogo. Perhaps also ecosia. There are many good alternatives. Rule of thumb: Major cooperation = evil company

And yeah there of course is never a "literal" last one, duh! All just show, for them kids ;) (though I still will, sadly, be largely too busy* to be much around, anymore, but now and then)

Well.. maybe a little hiatus. Remember, remember, the 5th of November.

Spoiler Sidenote :
But to stress, I am not "proud" on being too busy. Both, pride, and being oh so busy, are rather foolish things. Just... got a lot on my hands, after I got them free, recently

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom